Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    vCash
    Yeah, I think people are worried about the defense and logjam, but you have to understand that Jack and the others will have thought about that if they are interested. They would have a plan for Montero and such.

I am also not worried about poor defense at first at all with this team.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    3rd is, but 1st is the least important defensive position, next to maybe LF. If you are gonna have a poor defender, 1st is the place to do it.

Do you really think poor defense at 1st when we were the best defensive team is the league is a bigger deal than getting a .300/.370/.500 bat?
    Yes it is a big deal in my opinion i can live with a mediocre defender but i think Montero would just be bad even for first base watching him run.

There is a reason why he is projected as a life time DH by scouts they can be wrong but i really don't think they will be with Montero because of his limitations who cares though as long as he can hit as a DH.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 11-20-2012 at 02:14 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    I'd move Paxton as the main piece for Butler in a second.
    yea but u know they would have to love paxton for him to be a headliner for butler. try answering that to the fanbase.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Yes it is a big deal in my opinion i can live with a mediocre defender but i think Montero would just be bad even for first base watching him run.

There is a reason why he is projected as a life time DH by scouts they can be wrong but i really don't think they will be with Montero because of his limitations who cares though as long as he can hit as a DH.
    But we need offense, you realize that right? We can't win with the beat D and worst O. We can afford to have a bad defender at the least important position on the field if it means adding .300/.370/.500 and 25 homers.

We need a balance. I can guarantee if everything else remains the same defensivly we are still top 5. Difference is we now have a legit hitter in the lineup. When you are first in one and last in te other, the one you are last in needs to take precident.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    yea but u know they would have to love paxton for him to be a headliner for butler. try answering that to the fanbase.
    They get a potential #2 starter, a current MOTR starter in Vargas and maybe other pieces.

vCash
    With KC signing up some starters already, Vargas and his fat salary won't appeal to them.

vCash
    But we need offense, you realize that right? We can't win with the beat D and worst O. We can afford to have a bad defender at the least important position on the field if it means adding .300/.370/.500 and 25 homers.

We need a balance. I can guarantee if everything else remains the same defensivly we are still top 5. Difference is we now have a legit hitter in the lineup. When you are first in one and last in te other, the one you are last in needs to take precident.
    First off yes i know we need Offense even the casual fan would know we need Offense after watching the last 3 seasons of this team, But the fact that they didn't even try Montero at 1st when Smoak got sent down tells me that they don't think he has a position outside of DH.

If his Defense sucks then it doesn't matter what he does with a bat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    With KC signing up some starters already, Vargas and his fat salary won't appeal to them.
    thats my take. acquiring santana and now guthrie is their way of passing on vargas (id bet my left nut he was made available to them).

stupid KC, i truly believe vargas is better than both, but at the same time we were prolly going after one of their prized bats.

vCash
    First off yes i know we need Offense even the casual fan would know we need Offense after watching the last 3 seasons of this team, But the fact that they didn't even try Montero at 1st when Smoak got sent down tells me that they don't think he has a position outside of DH.

i dont buy that, i heard montero took reps at 1b during the season they just werent ready to use him in games. plus, they wanted to see what carp could do and they needed someone to get DH ABs.

i have no idea how open Ms are to developing montero at 1b and to what degree, but i doubt it is completely written off.

vCash
    Wrong thread.

vCash

If he defense sucks it doesn't matter? What? Butlers bat will easily outway his defense.

Why doesn't that apply the other way? If he bat is that great, the defense doesn't matter. The team with the best D in the league ca afford poor defense at the least important position in baseball.

I guarantee we still have top 5 D, but not we also have a much better offense.

vCash
    If he defense sucks it doesn't matter? What? Butlers bat will easily outway his defense.

Why doesn't that apply the other way? If he bat is that great, the defense doesn't matter. The team with the best D in the league ca afford poor defense at the least important position in baseball.

I guarantee we still have top 5 D, but not we also have a much better offense.
    I am talking about Montero not Butler i haven't seen Butler play 1st.

vCash
    Even so, getting a bat light Butler anywhere in the lineup should make poor defense at the least important position ok

vCash
    Probably the most fitting topic.
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance/_/sort/homePct

Seattle is dead last..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Italian_Guy View Post
    Probably the most fitting topic.
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance/_/sort/homePct

Seattle is dead last..
    Disgusting.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast