Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    We don't actually KNOW how Smoak will turn out either.

He could be a Nelson Cruz and be a late bloomer.
    homer goggles?

its a nice thought, but when a guy struggles to the extent smoak has, the rule is he isnt going to be successful hitting MLB pitching.

because of the market and the cost of smoak (and his D), i dont think we need to be gung ho to replace him, but in the case of acquiring billy butler, there should be no hesitation.

i think there can still be a place on the roster for smoak with butler, jesus can be back up catcher as well as transition to 1b... vs RHP smoak can get spot starts and be a regular D replacement at the end of close games.

vCash
    i wish a team can find a speck of value in smoak and we could package him out but i dont see it.

maybe montero, smoak, paxton for butler and hosmer?

to me it makes a little sense but im pretty sure KC laughs at it. they'd have to think smoak can be an everyday 1b and love paxton.... they'd prolly want vargas/williamson along with.
    Last edited by Rain City; 11-19-2012 at 03:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    What? I was talking about Smoak. I said we know how one turned out, and that one is Smoak.
    That was on me my bad lol my eye glazed over the one part.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    homer goggles?

its a nice thought, but when a guy struggles to the extent smoak has, the rule is he isnt going to be successful hitting MLB pitching.

because of the market and the cost of smoak (and his D), i dont think we need to be gung ho to replace him, but in the case of acquiring billy butler, there should be no hesitation.

i think there can still be a place on the roster for smoak with butler, jesus can be back up catcher as well as transition to 1b... vs RHP smoak can get spot starts and be a regular D replacement at the end of close games.
    Well for better or for worse were stuck with him unless Z makes a trade i heard him say for a 2nd time that this FA class isn't that good so hopefully Smoak improves.

Although he can't hit breaking pitches and i haven't seen a hitter with that problem ever correct it.

vCash
    i wish a team can find a speck of value in smoak and we could package him out but i dont see it.

maybe montero, smoak, paxton for butler and hosmer?

to me it makes a little sense but im pretty sure KC laughs at it. they'd have to think smoak can be an everyday 1b and love paxton.... they'd prolly want vargas/williamson along with.
    This would be a solid trade in my opinion and if Montero is mainly a DH we could always find a talented hitter to fill the DH spot.

Paxton is one of the big 3 that i would not feel regret trading he has the most question marks surrounding him wether he will stay a starter or have to go to the bullpen.

^Should be careful with this though lol Randy Johnson struggled with the same thing bad control and then finally he got it and was just as dominate as dominate could be.

vCash
    the idea of trading montero in a butler deal is so that we dont have to have 2 DHs on the roster. but i dont rule out that montero could be developed as a passable 1b.

vCash
    homer goggles?

Well the truth is Cruz was freaking terrible in the majors for his few years while destroying AAA just like Smoak did. so president is there not to totally write off Smoak just yet.

vCash
    I don't want to write him off, but if we can get Butler at a semi reasonable price you have to do it. The odds are against Smoak at this point.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    i dont think the market is ripe to replace smoak, butler is the only realistic deal i see in adding offense that would put smoak on his way, alot more offensive possibilities in the OF.

i just hope if smoak starts off like last year we dump him already. adams in STL could be a possibility.

vCash
    the idea of trading montero in a butler deal is so that we dont have to have 2 DHs on the roster. but i dont rule out that montero could be developed as a passable 1b.
    I don't know if i would stick Montero at first base he is not athletic at all i haven't watched much of Butler playing first because he doesn't have to with Hosmer but maybe he can do it.

I know some fans don't want to give up Montero but if you offer Montero,Paxton and something else for Gordon and Butler i would pull the trigger 2 proven bats with reasonable deals.

I don't know if KC would do this its unlikely but maybe they look at the Tigers and decide to rebuild.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 11-19-2012 at 07:31 PM.

vCash
    If we get Gordon and Butler then yeah, all day. But Im not for trading away from the offense if we dont get enough back.

I think people are overrating defense at 1st. We already had the best D in the league, and the worst O. Shouldnt we try to even that out a little?

vCash
    If we get Gordon and Butler then yeah, all day. But Im not for trading away from the offense if we dont get enough back.

I think people are overrating defense at 1st. We already had the best D in the league, and the worst O. Shouldnt we try to even that out a little?
    Psh, go look up your favorite new stat and see how it's calculated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Psh, go look up your favorite new stat and see how it's calculated.
    What are you even talking about?

And once again, why do you always have to be so condescending in every post?

vCash
    I don't know why? But for some odd reason, I just can't come to terms with getting rid of Smoak, part of me wants him to figure **** out. What if it's an optical issue, and corrective surgery could help? Maybe a new hitting coach, something has to give?

Playstation 3 handle: Ryde4Life

vCash
    I dont want to either, but I would for Butler.

vCash
    I don't want to write him off, but if we can get Butler at a semi reasonable price you have to do it. The odds are against Smoak at this point.
    i agree. but i dont see any legit bat coming at a reasonable price, sadly enough

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast