Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Magic Johnson has nothing good to say about D'Antoni hiring, mourns over no Phil

Earvin Magic Johnson
    @MagicJohnson
    The reason I haven't tweeted in 2 days is because I've been mourning Phil Jackson not being hired as the Lakers head coach.
    My mother always taught me that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

vCash
    well.... that sucks. I know Magic is some what controversial in the things he says about the Lakers but I expected him of all people to at least show support...

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Magic being Magic

vCash
    I said this a couple of days ago: Magic went all-in on Phil, both leading and profiting from the groundswell of sentiment for the old coach. He can't suddenly flip the switch or people will turn on him, too.

So...being Magic...he'll try to keep a low profile until they're winning, probably next spring, then he'll flash his big businessman, daddy-bucks smile and say he's really happy that things are looking good, although of course he still feels bad for Phil.

vCash
    So Magic is upset the Lakers hired a coach who hasn't won a championship.

I love Magic, but sometimes he puzzles me. Magic has no control over the coach of the Lakers. You know what he does have control over? DON MATTINGLY! That guy has ZERO championships.

Magic can't get mad at the Lakers for not hiring Phil, unless he hires La Russa to replace Mattingly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    I said this a couple of days ago: Magic went all-in on Phil, both leading and profiting from the groundswell of sentiment for the old coach. He can't suddenly flip the switch or people will turn on him, too.

So...being Magic...he'll try to keep a low profile until they're winning, probably next spring, then he'll flash his big businessman, daddy-bucks smile and say he's really happy that things are looking good, although of course he still feels bad for Phil.
    Ya, he'll wait 'til they're doing well before he gives his endorsement or says nice things, but if they're not doing well, he'll pounce right on them with the criticisms. Been getting tired of Magic since about, what, 2011?

vCash
    Magic is right though. If you want championships you go with a proven coach. But really, Magic should tell this to Jim Buss in his face.

Or maybe Magic and Phil Jackson can now tag team in this WWE match.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TboneM3 View Post
    Ya, he'll wait 'til they're doing well before he gives his endorsement or says nice things, but if they're not doing well, he'll pounce right on them with the criticisms. Been getting tired of Magic since about, what, 2011?
    Seems like all these Lakers alums on TV like to pounce on them (or the FO). What's up with that? Rick Fox is the only one that doesnt like to bash the Lakers or their FO. And he only makes cameo appearances on sports media.

I can tell that TWCSportsNet basically told Rambis and Worthy not to bash the Lakers too much, and not to bash D'Antoni at all on their network.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. NBA View Post
    Magic is right though. If you want championships you go with a proven coach. But really, Magic should tell this to Jim Buss in his face.

You mean like the Heat last year?

Or Dallas the year before that?

And didn't we have Phil coaching the team the year before that, when we didn't win a title?

vCash

So why is Mattingly the manager of the Dodgers?

vCash
    it's true though. Phil Jackson may not GUARANTEE a championship but if i'm a statistical person I go with Phil. His CHANCES are better.

I'm not saying Mike D'Antoni can't win with this roster. But he's going to have to really expand beyond his previous years of coaching if he really wants a title.

he's going to have to go to places unknown to him. Unfamiliar territory to get a title with this group.
    Last edited by Mr. NBA; 11-14-2012 at 08:08 PM.

vCash
    it's true though. Phil Jackson may not GUARANTEE a championship but if i'm a statistical person I go with Phil. His CHANCES are better.
    I'm not disagreeing with you. I just dont understand how Magic can apply that logic to basketball, but not baseball, especially when he has say over baseball and NOT basketball decisions...lol. Dodgers need LaRussa!

vCash
    Magic is just saying what a lot of other Lakers fans have said including people in here.
    Magic is a die hard fan. I have no problems with what he says. In fact he is more inclined to criticize than you or I. He (unlike us) was a laker and he loves them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimos21 View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you. I just dont understand how Magic can apply that logic to basketball, but not baseball, especially when he has say over baseball and NOT basketball decisions...lol. Dodgers need LaRussa!
    I really think over the years Magic and Phil really have a great relationship.

they've always been on the bandwagon together.

So it's really no surprise.

vCash
    Ok nm. It is obvious everyone is overlooking my point about the Dodgers and the hypocrisy of Magic's statement.

I love Magic, and he will always be my 2nd fav Laker (behind Kobe...prob would be ahead of Kobe if I was 10 years older). And I don't disagree with him or dislike what he says. I always love listening to him talk. I just think the hypocrisy is funny because the Dodgers have an unproven manager and he is an owner of the Dodgers.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast