Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Karma, believe in it?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

28 50.00%
  • Nay

28 50.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    People just want It to exist. They want to believe they will be rewarded in the long run and those who arent so good will pay. In a way Its a selfish way of thinking. Yourre only helping others in hopes of getting something in return. People should help others without expeting something in return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReJo View Post
    It exists but not on a grand scale.
    No if you help an old lady across the street you're probably not gonna win the lottery the next day. And if you steal a candy bar from the store you're not gonna get hit by a bus while crossing the street.

But on a personal level for the most part if you treat people well and do the right thing you will get it back to some degree. And if you are a dick to everybody you are not likely to gain a lot of others respect. And obviously there are exceptions to the rule there are plenty of good people who are down on their luck and *******s who are on top of the world and get everything they want. But on a small level karma does exist
    This is the best post of this thread so far. The only thing I disagree with you on is that is does exist on a grand scale. I think people who do right by their karma are almost always happier people. I also believe that the total d-bags of the world get what they have coming most of the time. It's just the famous a holes that make that idea seem untrue. In the real world if you treat people right you usually get it back and vice-versa.

This is probably too deep of a discussion to have without getting religion involved. I will see if I can tip toe around the line. Karma is no different than any device to make people behave in any religion. I think if you believe in Karma and practice it you will benefit, but I think that about just about all concepts of most religions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    If it does, its not doing anything for me. Stopped a few weeks ago to help someone with a flat tire. I got two flat tires the last week and a half
    Maybe you helped a bank robber or something and you were punished.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReJo View Post
    It exists but not on a grand scale.
    No if you help an old lady across the street you're probably not gonna win the lottery the next day. And if you steal a candy bar from the store you're not gonna get hit by a bus while crossing the street.

But on a personal level for the most part if you treat people well and do the right thing you will get it back to some degree. And if you are a dick to everybody you are not likely to gain a lot of others respect. And obviously there are exceptions to the rule there are plenty of good people who are down on their luck and *******s who are on top of the world and get everything they want. But on a small level karma does exist
    There are all sorts of examples of this. If you are a liar you are more likely to believe other people are lining to you and more likely too have trust issues.

If you are an angry mean person you are more likely to die of a heart attack.

Simple amounts of sharing work to help people share back. This is why a waiter puts the little mint in your bill.

Karma as far as second lives... well there is no evidence of that... karma as far as what goes around comes around... There's a reason it's a cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    It's pretty unbelievable how many people still believe in magic in 2012.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Karma is more unbelievably unbelievable than most things that I find unbelievable (pretty much everything).

Can't believe this is 50/50. You really think there is something out there that keeps tracks and weighs our actions, and then causes another action to magically happen? Come on...

Coincidence and chance are nothing worth hiding from.
    Karma exists as a self-fulfilling prophecy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giants73756 View Post
    It's pretty unbelievable how many people still believe in magic in 2012.
    Ouch. You hurt my feelings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kjoke View Post
    Karma exists as a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    Bingo

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    It doesn't I know plenty of good people that have so many problems and struggles and a few jerks that just get everything handed to them or born with a silver spoon in there mouth, there is no karma!!

vCash
    I'd like to, but I don't. The whole concept is b.s.

vCash
    Sure...if you treat every single person you meet in your life kindly and with complete benevolence you will directly be rewarded for that. Thing is, that's not karma.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    I believe in the concept but not the spiritual aspect of it. It's common sense, if you do good things then people are going to be more likely to do good things for you. It's really rare to find a truly good person who doesn't have a good life or at least is on the way. While there are bad people who have good lives, I'd imagine most of their lives are empty and meaningless.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    It's really the only thing I do believe in. It's not religious at all but I believe if you do ****** things to people then bad **** is bound to happen to you. There's no rhyme or reason behind it, more wishful thinking and superstition. Sure, bad **** is gonna happen to them without a doubt, but I think karma, in a sense, is a sort of revenge...and we all love revenge.
    Last edited by Halladay; 11-18-2012 at 06:35 AM.

vCash
    Nope

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    People just want It to exist. They want to believe they will be rewarded in the long run and those who arent so good will pay. In a way Its a selfish way of thinking. Yourre only helping others in hopes of getting something in return. People should help others without expeting something in return.
    This is not karma to me. To me karma isn't helping someone, it's more an act of treating people like **** and having that come back and bite you in the ***. I'm not volunteering in soup kitchens to be accepted under the gracious gods of karma. It's more like pulling a chair from under someone who's about to sit down and then later on, you get hit by a car. There is absolutely zero connection between the two but odds are, if you're a dick, you had it coming. That's karma to me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast