Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Karma, believe in it?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

28 50.00%
  • Nay

28 50.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Yep
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    Nope.

vCash
    Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance. - Senator Robert F. Kennedy
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

vCash
    No because if it existed the world would have spontaneously combusted by now.

I have always found it interesting how many people have believed in something as unjustifiable as something as Karma.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    I have always found it interesting how many people have believed in something as unjustifiable as something as Karma.
    Karma is more unbelievably unbelievable than most things that I find unbelievable (pretty much everything).

Can't believe this is 50/50. You really think there is something out there that keeps tracks and weighs our actions, and then causes another action to magically happen? Come on...

Coincidence and chance are nothing worth hiding from.

vCash
    Kind of. If you act nice to others, it's (very slightly) more likely that somebody will do something nice back to you. But it's stupid to think there's some kind of force out there that rewards people for being good.
    Last edited by giants73756; 11-15-2012 at 09:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giants73756 View Post
    Kind of. If you act nice to others, it's (very slightly) more likely that somebody will do something nice back to you. But it's stupid to think there's some kind of force out there that rewards people for being good.
    See, but isn't that a separate issue.

Edit: I didn't catch your edit.

vCash
    I mean, I "believe" that too...but I'm not sure that's really what most people think "karma" is.

But valid point.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    No, I'm not Hindu and I don't believe in reincarnation, so no I don't believe in Karma.

BTW Karma is the belief that your actions in the past life carry over and effect your quality of life in this lifetime, it is not and has never been 'what goes around comes around'

And what's with the religious discussion in this thread? It's alright for religious people to post about god but when I do it's an infraction? EDIT: Thank you mods
    Karma has come to mean exactly that for many... I believe there is something to it, but not for mystical reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    I don't even think its that slight. Go around being a dick to folks chances are someone will punch you in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    No, I do believe that life is not fare

vCash
    It exists but not on a grand scale.
    No if you help an old lady across the street you're probably not gonna win the lottery the next day. And if you steal a candy bar from the store you're not gonna get hit by a bus while crossing the street.

But on a personal level for the most part if you treat people well and do the right thing you will get it back to some degree. And if you are a dick to everybody you are not likely to gain a lot of others respect. And obviously there are exceptions to the rule there are plenty of good people who are down on their luck and *******s who are on top of the world and get everything they want. But on a small level karma does exist

vCash
    If it does, its not doing anything for me. Stopped a few weeks ago to help someone with a flat tire. I got two flat tires the last week and a half

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    No.
    What if I had a scientific formula for how to calculate Karma. Would you then believe?

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    What if I had a scientific formula for how to calculate Karma. Would you then believe?
    If there was some evidence for it, I might believe it. But karma is nothing but wishful thinking. It would be nice if good deeds were rewarded, but life isn't fair. Why would karma exist?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast