Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by La11 View Post
    I still hate the Quincy Acy pick. They drafted him for his hustle toughest but his ceiling is low. I don't get why they always get crappy no ceiling players in the second round when he could have gotten Quincy Miller with potential. I know its only the second round but at least pick a player with higher potential.
    I don't mind the Acy pick. He's a long shot to make it in the league. But, he seems like an excellent guy to have around. He was a leader at Baylor and doesn't seem like the type of guy to take it easy at practice. Probably a good type to have around considering the rather lackadaisical attitude of Bargs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Yea, the 2006 draft in comparison to others looks way inferior. But at the time, BC didn't make any mistakes drafting Bargnani.
    Yeah I agree. Drafting him really isn't the problem. It's what to do with him now that he seems to have hit a low ceiling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick O View Post
    hes got the facial hair too .. aha but arenas was selected 30th overall but ya round 2 aha .. but ya i loved Acy at baylor. i dont know if hes REALLY a reggie evans because Acy is crazy athletic. id love to see what he can do
    I agree, but what I meant as in a Reggie Evans type of player is, the guy seems to have a knack of going for all the loose ball mentality. Of course his athleticism is far beyond that of Evans :P As you said, I'd love to see these second rounders given a chance to play.

vCash
    some of you guys are dumb. we're lucky to have one of the best GM's when it comes to drafting, and on top of that he is aggressive and has a plan. in Colangelo i trust.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    some of you guys are dumb. we're lucky to have one of the best GM's when it comes to drafting, and on top of that he is aggressive and has a plan. in Colangelo i trust.
    Your probably one of the only ones.

I think he is actually a pretty good GM for drafts (not one of the best though). But he sucks at making trades and sign free agents. The move that I will never forget is trading Roy Hibbert to Pacers for an old, no knees O'neil! I'm not ready to forgive yet seeing as how the Fields signing is working out and that money could have got us something much better. He will be making a trade soon though because he is accelerating, and that will be the make or break. Until then...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor17 View Post
    Your probably one of the only ones.

I think he is actually a pretty good GM for drafts (not one of the best though). But he sucks at making trades and sign free agents.

He has 1.5 good trades for every bad trade he makes.

The move that I will never forget is trading Roy Hibbert to Pacers for an old, no knees O'neil!
    We wren't even going to draft Hibbert that draft. He drafted Hibbert for the Pacers. We were targeting someone else. So it's not like we lost out on Hibbert since we were never going to draft him at all.

I'm not ready to forgive yet seeing as how the Fields signing is working out and that money could have got us something much better.
    Fields is never going to live up to the contract. But who exactly were we going to get with that money?

He will be making a trade soon though because he is accelerating, and that will be the make or break. Until then...
    Why do you say he's going to make a trade soon?

vCash
    its a shame that the 1 bad trade before the 1.5 kills the team.

Yes, but we could of had him is what I'm trying to say and trading for O'neil was bad from the start.

We could of used the money in a trade for one thing or even next year F.A. Now we are pretty much maxed out, and once Jose's contract is done, if we sign Lowry, we will be back to capped.

Because he will. He feels pressure to produce this year, and even more pressure that we don't have a draft pick next year if we suck. Also he even said he is tired of sitting on his hands and is ready to make big moves.

vCash
    he's a great judge of talent, i will give him that. but he is a terrible team builder. flat out awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    I don't understand why other GMs can get an OJ Mayo, Nicolas Batum, Kirelenko and Jason Terry type players while this GM is an expert getting scrubs, one dimensional players, overpaying and giving lengthy contracts.

Unless he makes a bold move before the trade deadline, I think ownership should recognize that his tenure is a big failure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    There were 3 people that were considered #1 picks that draft.

LaMarcus Aldridge, Adam Morrison, and Andrea Bargnani.

Tell me where he made the mistake.

He didn't pick Aldridge because he's redundant to Bosh. He didn't pick Morrison because BC wasn't sold on him.

Without hindsight, it was a good pick.
    I remember at that time, people here wanted Gay as well. But I believe Gay was slated as a ‘potential/high ceiling’ risky pick. So it was between Aldridge and Bargs.

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    I remember at that time, people here wanted Gay as well. But I believe Gay was slated as a ‘potential/high ceiling’ risky pick. So it was between Aldridge and Bargs.
    and we had bosh so....
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

vCash
    'we had bosh'

We still drafted a PF

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    'we had bosh'

We still drafted a PF
    At the time nobody knew exactly where Bargs fit in. We thought he could be a 3 or a 5. But he obviously ended up being a 4.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    I don't understand why other GMs can get an OJ Mayo, Nicolas Batum, Kirelenko and Jason Terry type players while this GM is an expert getting scrubs, one dimensional players, overpaying and giving lengthy contracts.

Unless he makes a bold move before the trade deadline, I think ownership should recognize that his tenure is a big failure.
    The fact that he has yet to get contract extension suggest to me they are thinking about letting him go, but to do so, they need to have someone to replace him. Perhaps Stepanski?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    At the time nobody knew exactly where Bargs fit in. We thought he could be a 3 or a 5. But he obviously ended up being a 4.
    in fairness they only watched him play for 5 mins.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast