Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 65
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    T Dot O Dot
    Posts
    16,723
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Drummond will be better than Ross. But Ross is probably a solid starter in this league. Dorrell Wright type of player.
    I think he'll be much better then that. From what I've seen, he does have a pretty good handle, he just uses it to create space for his J as opposed to driving.

    I still think an Eddie Jones/Michael Finley type of player is what he'll be; not bad for an 8th pick.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Invalid
    Posts
    1,372
    vCash
    1500
    Durrant
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,347
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedTofuz View Post
    he passed on drummond simply because we have a longjam at the 4 and drafted big val the year before. Im no scout, nor did I even watch much NCAA, but drummon was a legit talent, you couldnt pass him on even if you had depht at your frountcourt. I would've rather seen drummond rot on the bench than terrance ross. BC ****ED UP .
    Drummond didnt play well at all at UCONN. He's the definition of boom/bust, still is.
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    35,101
    vCash
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by GodsSon View Post
    I think he'll be much better then that. From what I've seen, he does have a pretty good handle, he just uses it to create space for his J as opposed to driving.

    I still think an Eddie Jones/Michael Finley type of player is what he'll be; not bad for an 8th pick.
    He has the potential for it, but I don't think he'll be a good enough offensive player to be an Eddie Jones/Michael Finley type player.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,467
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedTofuz View Post
    he passed on drummond simply because we have a longjam at the 4 and drafted big val the year before. Im no scout, nor did I even watch much NCAA, but drummon was a legit talent, you couldnt pass him on even if you had depht at your frountcourt. I would've rather seen drummond rot on the bench than terrance ross. BC ****ED UP .
    B.C didn't think the Raptors could develop him meh

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,788
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    There were 3 people that were considered #1 picks that draft.

    LaMarcus Aldridge, Adam Morrison, and Andrea Bargnani.

    Tell me where he made the mistake.

    He didn't pick Aldridge because he's redundant to Bosh. He didn't pick Morrison because BC wasn't sold on him.


    Without hindsight, it was a good pick.
    Or it was a horrible draft year and it would have been better if the 2007 season wasn't such a success.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    900
    vCash
    1500
    Imagine a rebuild with Lillard and Val. The development of Derozan and maybe traded Bargs for a lottery pick. BC will regret speeding up the rebuild..

    Blue Jays Season

    Ottawa Senators
    Toronto Raptors
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Cincinnati Bengals


  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    900
    vCash
    1500
    BC should Follow AA mind of thinking..Always go take the player with biggest potential rather than safe picks and pick them for needs.

    Blue Jays Season

    Ottawa Senators
    Toronto Raptors
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Cincinnati Bengals


  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,208
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by La11 View Post
    BC should Follow AA mind of thinking..Always go take the player with biggest potential rather than safe picks and pick them for needs.
    We haven't even seen any of AA's draft picks play in the majors yet.


    SWAGUEZ!!!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    900
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    We haven't even seen any of AA's draft picks play in the majors yet.
    He has turned them into good veteran players. I still hate the Quincy Acy pick. They drafted him for his hustle toughest but his ceiling is low. I don't get why they always get crappy no ceiling players in the second round when he could have gotten Quincy Miller with potential. I know its only the second round but at least pick a player with higher potential.

    Blue Jays Season

    Ottawa Senators
    Toronto Raptors
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Cincinnati Bengals


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    35,101
    vCash
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Or it was a horrible draft year and it would have been better if the 2007 season wasn't such a success.
    Yea, the 2006 draft in comparison to others looks way inferior. But at the time, BC didn't make any mistakes drafting Bargnani.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,208
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by La11 View Post
    He has turned them into good veteran players. I still hate the Quincy Acy pick. They drafted him for his hustle toughest but his ceiling is low. I don't get why they always get crappy no ceiling players in the second round when he could have gotten Quincy Miller with potential. I know its only the second round but at least pick a player with higher potential.
    You can't really compare basketball with baseball.

    Quincy Miller's has already had knee surgery and his athleticism was never that great to begin with.

    Let's wait and see before judging Colangelo on the Acy pick. He's a great athlete and as you said plays with hustle, those players normally find a place in the league at some point in their careers.


    SWAGUEZ!!!

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    35,101
    vCash
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by La11 View Post
    He has turned them into good veteran players. I still hate the Quincy Acy pick. They drafted him for his hustle toughest but his ceiling is low. I don't get why they always get crappy no ceiling players in the second round when he could have gotten Quincy Miller with potential. I know its only the second round but at least pick a player with higher potential.
    Can't compare 2 different sports.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    85
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick O View Post
    hmmm i know they are second round picks... but i hate how so many (not just with toronto) in general just never get the chance to prove they can play... Isaiah washington was the 60th pick and has so far been a solid player. marc gasol was 48th. and there are countless others ... not saying they would be good. but i hate drafting someone and never giving them a chance... i hope Acy at least gets some PT eventually
    This. I hope Acy ends up getting some playing time, he seems to be a Reggie Evans type of player but with more athleticism.

    And on another note, wasn't Gilbert Arenas a second rounder as well? Cause man, that guy could play, before that whole stupid incident though.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    Posts
    11,208
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Senbonzakura View Post
    This. I hope Acy ends up getting some playing time, he seems to be a Reggie Evans type of player but with more athleticism.

    And on another note, wasn't Gilbert Arenas a second rounder as well? Cause man, that guy could play, before that whole stupid incident though.
    hes got the facial hair too .. aha but arenas was selected 30th overall but ya round 2 aha .. but ya i loved Acy at baylor. i dont know if hes REALLY a reggie evans because Acy is crazy athletic. id love to see what he can do
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE


    BLUE JAYS

    twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •