Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    @elliottbaseball
    Why the hold up on Jays physicals? Jose Reyes got the news when he was in Dubai ... Jeff Mathis on a hunting trip.
    This actually makes sense. It's just hard to corral 12 players for physicals within a couple of days, some of whom are enjoying their offseasons in different parts of the world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    This actually makes sense. It's just hard to corral 12 players for physicals within a couple of days, some of whom are enjoying their offseasons in different parts of the world.
    Exactly what I've been saying, theres alot of physicals to do and guys are everywhere at this time of year. Even some 1 or 2 player deals are not made official for days cause of the physicals. We have 12 in this deal and everyone has to have one and pass! Now if JJ fails his, then we have something to worry about!

vCash
    just read the article heres what i took away
    "In the end, I’ll do what I’ve done in other past situations"
    this is selig btw, so it looks like it will go through
    Blue Jays 2013 world champs, just watch

vCash
    If this deal gets vetoed i ***** slap the first person i see

vCash
    ^^What if it was your momma?

vCash
    Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale
    Commissioner Bud Selig knows he can't legally overturn the #Marlins-#Bluejays trade,but wants Jeffrey Loria to sweat with his #MLB review.
    I think we'll be ok.... but Selig is making the Jays sweat too.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Seriously there is no need to worry guys lol. There is absolutely nothing veto-able about this trade, I mean I can understand if they threw in Stanton to and we gave them Mike McCoy but its fine.

But if it does get rejected our boys and AA better have the balls to snap on Selig and the league.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Finally someone comments on the legality of vetoing a trade. I'm relatively clueless in that regard, but it didn't seem like something Selig could have gotten away with doing even if he wanted to. This is not at all the same situation as the A-Rod/Boston trade.

vCash

Bud Selig

This deal won't get rejected..
    If he thinks marlins would be pissed, guy u better not show up in T.O..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Seriously there is no need to worry guys lol. There is absolutely nothing veto-able about this trade, I mean I can understand if they threw in Stanton to and we gave them Mike McCoy but its fine.

But if it does get rejected our boys and AA better have the balls to snap on Selig and the league.
    I wonder if AA wanted Stanton as well. That would have been crazy good.

vCash
    He has said he "doesnt like the trade" and is "disappointed for marlins fan's." thats all though. We'll be fine there shouldnt be a need to worry here

vCash
    As mentioned before..

Ken_Rosenthal via twitter
    #BlueJays-#Marlins deal likely not finalized until Fri. or Sat. Reyes was in Dubai. Returning tonight. Needs to fly to Florida for physical.

vCash
    If Bud Selig is worried about disappointing Marlin fans...I will say this

THE DAMAGE IS ALREADY DONE!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE practically knows about this trade...and even if Selig does NOT approve of this trade, what is stopping Loria from breaking up the trade in smaller pieces to another team....So the Blue Jays get Jose Reyes for Jeff Mathis, Yunel Escobar and a prospect, New York Yankees get Mark Buehle for whoever is a pitching prospect in New York, and the Baltmore Orioles get Josh Johnson for pitching prosepects (just as an example)...

Bud Selig CANT say, ok this trade is WAY TOO BIG, so you have to do it in smaller packages to other teams, or have Bud Selig say that you cant trade players making a lot of money to other teams just to keep payroll high.

I have never seen Bud Selig veto a deal, other than A-Rod's trade to Boston due to MLBPA protests over A-Rods pay being cut (we all know he went to New York)...I dont see Selig vetoing this just because the Marlins have done 2 fire sales in the past without consequence and now its the third time and its involving the only team in Canada and its a division rival of my good friends in New York...He also allowed that huge Boston and LA Dodgers deal, so whats wrong with it....I know The Marlin fans got scammed, but I say too bad, you cant just pick blockbuster trades you like and teams you like involved in them...and also never veto a trade until NOW.

vCash
    Damn. I just want the deal to be done because you know for sure AA has got more blockbusters up his sleeve.

This trade was like a heroin high, and were all coming down and itchin for more haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan10 View Post
    Damn. I just want the deal to be done because you know for sure AA has got more blockbusters up his sleeve.

This trade was like a heroin high, and were all coming down and itchin for more haha
    Nope, still high

If he makes another deal like this I'll probably have to check into rehab.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast