Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Sounds like Loria's getting hammered at the Owners Meetings today. Doing some ducking and weaving!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    not surprising. i've been concerned this deal wasn't going to go through from the beginning honestly. it's a great deal for the blue jays but a terrible screw job to the city of miami.
    The thing is it's a great deal for Miami in the sense of adding a lot of young talent to the organization. This is much harder to do now with the new CBA because of the constraints on the draft and for Int'l spending. So that's what the Marlins can speak to here. It's abysmal for the fans, but it's not unreasonable to rebuild.

But you just never know with Selig. Recall we were surprised he let Texas sign that young Domincan this spring who had been lying about his age.... I think we just got to hang in and hope he let's it go.

vCash
    I doubt this trade will get Vetoed. I dont think Selig and MLB would want to screw the only Canadian franchise on MLB. They already look bad in Miami and vetoing this trade will just anger a lot of Canadian fans. This trade will go through but for sure Loria will have his head hunted by the league and the city of Miami.

vCash
    if it happens it will have nothing to do with that. it will be because of the whole stadium issue. it's practically criminal what they've done.
    Everyone knows Loria's track record but the politicians of Florida still went ahead and approved the stadium deal, so it's their own faults. What's the worse that would have happened if they said no, he threatens to move the team?, good luck with that, he already destroyed the Expo's. This man should not be allowed anywhere near a major sports franchise!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Devastator137; 11-15-2012 at 01:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    Sounds like Loria's getting hammered at the Owners Meetings today. Doing some ducking and weaving!
    lol...i'll tell you why. In the BA podcast they said in feeling this deal out with other teams, it seems nobody knew Miami was having a fire sell. They gave huge kudos to AA for keeping this all secret and getting it done. The feeling the BA guys had was that there would have been a lot of teams that would have loved to have gotten in on some of this.

So the owners are pounding Loria for not letting them in on this!!
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    if it happens it will have nothing to do with that. it will be because of the whole stadium issue. it's practically criminal what they've done.
    Then remove Loria and tell him he can no longer own the team.

From a baseball standpoint, the trade is fine... Jays taking on lots of contract and are giving up good players/prospects. It's not like the trade was Stanton for Mathis.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Like someone mentioned before the damage is already done. It's not like Selig can veto the trade and everyone go back to the way things were before.
    Loria is a slime ball and should lose all rights to ever own a MLB team again but **** like this happens in cooperate america all the time..

vCash
    I don't think Selig should veto this, it's not fair to the Jays. If there's an issue with it, punish Loria, not the Blue Jays.

vCash
    If they veto this, I hope every person who bought tixs in the last few days ask for a refund .... they better not facking veto this! Then ILL BE PISSED!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysforever View Post
    The thing is it's a great deal for Miami in the sense of adding a lot of young talent to the organization. This is much harder to do now with the new CBA because of the constraints on the draft and for Int'l spending. So that's what the Marlins can speak to here. It's abysmal for the fans, but it's not unreasonable to rebuild.

But you just never know with Selig. Recall we were surprised he let Texas sign that young Domincan this spring who had been lying about his age.... I think we just got to hang in and hope he let's it go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastator137 View Post
    Everyone knows Loria's track record but the politicians of Florida still went ahead and approved the stadium deal, so it's their own faults. What's the worse that would have happened if they said no, he threatens to move the team?, good luck with that, he already destroyed the Expo's. This man should not be allowed anywhere near a major sports franchise!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post

From a baseball standpoint, the trade is fine... Jays taking on lots of contract and are giving up good players/prospects. It's not like the trade was Stanton for Mathis.
    i am in agreement with all of you that it's actually a very fair deal for the Marlins. i am sure that MLB is under a tremendous amount of fire for allowing Loria to do this after they footed the bill on the stadium. there is universal disgust for this situation.

if it was somehow vetoed i'm sure it would be trumpeted as Selig fighting for the fans best interest and righting a great injustice. would blow for us for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    You know what? This is baseball and you should be able to do whatever you want -- if you want to trade justin verlander for a pigeon then fack you should be able too -- Loria knows the risks of doing this trade (fans backlash, team value goes down, hence value of stadium goes down).

But Selig has to review the deal since it involves over $1 mil changing hands...if he vetos this, then Toronto fans get pissed. Either way someone is getting pissed so just let it through.

vCash
    Fan 590 update just said that Selig will take the feelings of marlin fans into consideration. If that's true the jays are ****ed.
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Fan 590 update just said that Selig will take the feelings of marlin fans into consideration. If that's true the jays are ****ed.
    Does that mean he's called all 18 of them to ask their opinions?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post

AA never should have included Mathis in the initial trade. Now this can never happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    You know what? This is baseball and you should be able to do whatever you want -- if you want to trade justin verlander for a pigeon then fack you should be able too -- Loria knows the risks of doing this trade (fans backlash, team value goes down, hence value of stadium goes down).

But Selig has to review the deal since it involves over $1 mil changing hands...if he vetos this, then Toronto fans get pissed. Either way someone is getting pissed so just let it through.
    i'm just playing devils advocate here.. what are the cons to vetoing this deal (from baseballs POV)?

- outrage from fans in Toronto.

now what are the cons to not vetoing the deal?

- fans in Miami's market will never come back.
    - nobody will ever publicly fund a stadium again.

feeling sick to my stomach right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast