Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    I'm still not concerned... he can't just veto trades whenever he feels like it....

It would be an embarrassment to baseball if this trade was blocked.
    Absolutely. I feel bad for Marlins' fans too, but if he doesn't want Loria making these deals, he has to move to get him to sell the team, not block him from making trades. In reality, this isn't an unfair trade if you take everything into perspective: the money, the prospects, the years, the injury concerns. We are taking on massive contracts for a few guys who have substantial injury concerns, eating most of the money, and sending quality prospects in return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    What does rejecting the trade do for Miami though? They've still got Loria who they despise/don't trust, they've still got a last place ballclub. The damage is done. All rejecting this would do is destroy two markets, not just one.
    This too. You think any of these guys want to stay in Miami after this crap? I doubt it. You've done the damage with the traded players, and with your current roster. Vetoing the deal does nothing but damage all over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    Didn't realize fans feelings needed to be considered before deals could be completed.

No one asked me if I wanted Burke to trade 2 first rounders for Phil Kessel!
    ...yes I know. Different sport.
    How about Chris Bosh to the MIAMI heat for literally nothing (a trade exception that was never used)

Miami fans can go **** themselves, I have no sympathy for them.

vCash
    Sounds like they've found no basis for dis-allowing the deal.

vCash
    I don't know about this one, Apparently alot of owners are complaining to bud about the deal, especially the ones in the AL East. Also Oakland and TB are not happy about it cause it hurts their chances of getting a new stadium that is publicly funded

vCash
    Sounds like they've found no basis for dis-allowing the deal.
    Where did you see/hear that?

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    He can't veto this and not the Umps call that cost that kid the no-hitter 2 years ago. Plus, Beeston knows him as he worked at MLB before.

If you look at the trade it's bad for the MIA fans but, overall it's ok from a baseball point of view.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Didn't realize fans feelings needed to be considered before deals could be completed.

No one asked me if I wanted Burke to trade 2 first rounders for Phil Kessel!
    ...yes I know.
    Different sport.
    If only... That one continues to resonate with me...

vCash
    I can't stand Selig and think he is destroying the game during his tenure. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see him ******* this trade up.

Edit: I was quietly concerned about this yesterday, but thought best not to mention it. I guess it's out in the open now.

vCash
    not surprising. i've been concerned this deal wasn't going to go through from the beginning honestly. it's a great deal for the blue jays but a terrible screw job to the city of miami.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jakedajewler View Post
    I don't know about this one, Apparently alot of owners are complaining to bud about the deal, especially the ones in the AL East. Also Oakland and TB are not happy about it cause it hurts their chances of getting a new stadium that is publicly funded
    That'd be the only legit concern, I think. Except that's his fault for gifting Loria a team (2 teams, really) in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    He can't veto this and not the Umps call that cost that kid the no-hitter 2 years ago. Plus, Beeston knows him as he worked at MLB before.

If you look at the trade it's bad for the MIA fans but, overall it's ok from a baseball point of view.
    Yes, totally the same thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Where did you see/hear that?
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS

Selig said to be "not happy" w/ #marlins trade, but so far doesn't see basis to disallow. Selig's quote: "under review"

vCash
    Pretty standerd stuff, I'm more interested how the physicals went with JJ.

Imagine the howling from the teams in our division if we had got Stanton as well. .........By the way why didn't we? I guess Loria had to hold on to something!

vCash
    This trade better not get vetoed!!!!!!, more money and bigger contracts were exchanged in the Red Sox/Dodger trade and that went through smoothly but then again it was the "mighty" Red Sox and Dodgers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastator137 View Post
    This trade better not get vetoed!!!!!!, more money and bigger contracts were exchanged in the Red Sox/Dodger trade and that went through smoothly but then again it was the "mighty" Red Sox and Dodgers
    if it happens it will have nothing to do with that. it will be because of the whole stadium issue. it's practically criminal what they've done.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast