Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 276
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Catharines, ON
    Posts
    15,437
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    I'm still not concerned... he can't just veto trades whenever he feels like it....

    It would be an embarrassment to baseball if this trade was blocked.
    Absolutely. I feel bad for Marlins' fans too, but if he doesn't want Loria making these deals, he has to move to get him to sell the team, not block him from making trades. In reality, this isn't an unfair trade if you take everything into perspective: the money, the prospects, the years, the injury concerns. We are taking on massive contracts for a few guys who have substantial injury concerns, eating most of the money, and sending quality prospects in return.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Catharines, ON
    Posts
    15,437
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    What does rejecting the trade do for Miami though? They've still got Loria who they despise/don't trust, they've still got a last place ballclub. The damage is done. All rejecting this would do is destroy two markets, not just one.
    This too. You think any of these guys want to stay in Miami after this crap? I doubt it. You've done the damage with the traded players, and with your current roster. Vetoing the deal does nothing but damage all over.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,111
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    Didn't realize fans feelings needed to be considered before deals could be completed.

    No one asked me if I wanted Burke to trade 2 first rounders for Phil Kessel!
    ...yes I know. Different sport.
    How about Chris Bosh to the MIAMI heat for literally nothing (a trade exception that was never used)

    Miami fans can go **** themselves, I have no sympathy for them.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,252
    vCash
    1500
    Sounds like they've found no basis for dis-allowing the deal.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    792
    vCash
    1500
    I don't know about this one, Apparently alot of owners are complaining to bud about the deal, especially the ones in the AL East. Also Oakland and TB are not happy about it cause it hurts their chances of getting a new stadium that is publicly funded

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,323
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    Sounds like they've found no basis for dis-allowing the deal.
    Where did you see/hear that?


    Had to be done! Go T-Rex

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    Posts
    2,809
    vCash
    1500
    He can't veto this and not the Umps call that cost that kid the no-hitter 2 years ago. Plus, Beeston knows him as he worked at MLB before.

    If you look at the trade it's bad for the MIA fans but, overall it's ok from a baseball point of view.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,206
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    Didn't realize fans feelings needed to be considered before deals could be completed.

    No one asked me if I wanted Burke to trade 2 first rounders for Phil Kessel!
    ...yes I know.
    Different sport.
    If only... That one continues to resonate with me...

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    596
    vCash
    1500
    I can't stand Selig and think he is destroying the game during his tenure. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see him ******* this trade up.

    Edit: I was quietly concerned about this yesterday, but thought best not to mention it. I guess it's out in the open now.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,616
    vCash
    1500
    not surprising. i've been concerned this deal wasn't going to go through from the beginning honestly. it's a great deal for the blue jays but a terrible screw job to the city of miami.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    T.O., Canada
    Posts
    14,468
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jakedajewler View Post
    I don't know about this one, Apparently alot of owners are complaining to bud about the deal, especially the ones in the AL East. Also Oakland and TB are not happy about it cause it hurts their chances of getting a new stadium that is publicly funded
    That'd be the only legit concern, I think. Except that's his fault for gifting Loria a team (2 teams, really) in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    He can't veto this and not the Umps call that cost that kid the no-hitter 2 years ago. Plus, Beeston knows him as he worked at MLB before.

    If you look at the trade it's bad for the MIA fans but, overall it's ok from a baseball point of view.
    Yes, totally the same thing.
    2013

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,252
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Where did you see/hear that?
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS

    Selig said to be "not happy" w/ #marlins trade, but so far doesn't see basis to disallow. Selig's quote: "under review"

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Key Biscayne, Florida
    Posts
    9,774
    vCash
    1500
    Pretty standerd stuff, I'm more interested how the physicals went with JJ.

    Imagine the howling from the teams in our division if we had got Stanton as well. .........By the way why didn't we? I guess Loria had to hold on to something!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20
    vCash
    1500
    This trade better not get vetoed!!!!!!, more money and bigger contracts were exchanged in the Red Sox/Dodger trade and that went through smoothly but then again it was the "mighty" Red Sox and Dodgers

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,616
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastator137 View Post
    This trade better not get vetoed!!!!!!, more money and bigger contracts were exchanged in the Red Sox/Dodger trade and that went through smoothly but then again it was the "mighty" Red Sox and Dodgers
    if it happens it will have nothing to do with that. it will be because of the whole stadium issue. it's practically criminal what they've done.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •