Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    Oh **** off Gregg Zaun. You're not a writer, you're not a reporter, and you're absolutely awful at interpreting what you hear on the radio/on TV (which is ALL he's doing in this case).
    He also said they overpayed for Melky then said he is a really good outfielder and hitter and should be good hitting in the 2 hole LOL

vCash
    What the **** do professional athletes have to complain about.

Certainly not all the money women and fame.
    Do The Twirk

vCash
    Gregg Zaun is a tool who thinks he is baseball's version of Don Cherry. He gets off on stirring the pot and saying stuff that gets him attention. He really needs to stick to Zaun 101 segments.

vCash
    I like gregg zaun. He is right about overpaying for melky cabrera. No one signs this early in the off season unless he gets overpaid.
    Last edited by adid727; 11-19-2012 at 08:19 PM.

vCash
    How does our depth chart look now?

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/team...x.jsp?c_id=tor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by adid727 View Post
    I like gregg zaun. He is right about overpaying for melky cabrera. No one signs this early in the season unless he gets overpaid.
    he will probably provide good value but in a sense i agree. i really didn't think with the way this guy shamed himself last year he'd have anyone offering him this kind of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    I am not a fan of Gregg Zaun but I can't really say he's wrong.

I highly believe that Cabrera's hitting performance was that good because of the substance he was on. I mean it's almost undoubted. The guy was a DECENT hitter before that year, and then all of a sudden was hitting 370. and led the league in hits.

So, I mean, tamper expecations a bit with Cabrera. However in saying that, it still isn't a bad signing. He's always been an excellent defender with a very good arm, something the Jays LF spot needed desperately.

His hitting while it isn't great is not horrible either. He doesn't have much power but I bet he could put out 10-15 homers (that's a very large estimation) and I would be happy and very pleased if he hit 290.-300. this year.

If he hit like he did in SF without the substance, then this signing is that much better. I don't expect him too but if he did amazing.

It still isn't a bad signing. I loved Cabrera with the Yankees while I hated him at the same time. He's a good player and better defender with decent speed. I also like the fact he will get along with Reyes, Bautista, Bonaficio, Encarnacion all from the DR.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Now what I wonder is:

1. Will the Jays deal a catcher? JPA? D'Arnaud (which I doubt) or do they trade Buck? If so for who? A pitcher?

I think the most likely scenario is they deal JPA for a starter. I doubt it's Dickey like someone mentioned. Rumor has it that Texas is interested in a catcher... maybe a guy like Holland or Ogando comes this way. I'd like either TBH.

2. Do the Jays trade either Buerhle or Johnson? Do they hang onto both?
    I hope they keep both. I don't know what will happen with Johnson it being his last year on the contract.... Jays either try and lock him up half way through the year, or they deal him at the deadline if a deal can't be made.

Does Buerhle come here even with that stupid pit bull law? Or do the Jays ship him somewhere for another starter? Still got questions.

3. Who starts at 2B? Izturis or Bonafacio?

I'd prefer Bonafacio just because of his speed and potential to get on base.

Still a lot of questions.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    I don't think he is overpaid, I didn't like the signing because I don't like cheaters and his stats are gonna come down it's just by how much are they gonna drop. Also I don't think he's a well liked guy in the locker room san fran didn't even want him back for the playoffs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jakedajewler View Post
    I don't think he is overpaid, I didn't like the signing because I don't like cheaters and his stats are gonna come down it's just by how much are they gonna drop. Also I don't think he's a well liked guy in the locker room san fran didn't even want him back for the playoffs
    Well the locker room thing was mentioned but I think the main reason they didn't ask him back is Cabrera understood he did wrong and was fine with not coming back.

That sounds bad but he actually handled it really well and never complained or said anything publicly. Yeah he cheated, I am not saying it's acceptable but I think the main reason they didn't ask him back is because they didn't wanna mess up their vibe and that's that.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Well the locker room thing was mentioned but I think the main reason they didn't ask him back is Cabrera understood he did wrong and was fine with not coming back.

That sounds bad but he actually handled it really well and never complained or said anything publicly. Yeah he cheated, I am not saying it's acceptable but I think the main reason they didn't ask him back is because they didn't wanna mess up their vibe and that's that.
    Exactly, if they were struggling to score runs, i think they would have put him on their roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by adid727 View Post
    missing Melky

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Korac View Post
    Gregg Zaun is a tool who thinks he is baseball's version of Don Cherry. He gets off on stirring the pot and saying stuff that gets him attention. He really needs to stick to Zaun 101 segments.
    Freaken funny coming from a guy who used roids himself.
    He's just jealous a player was capable of getting paid even after taking roids because all that Zaun was left to do was retire after getting caught because no one wanted his scrubby ***.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Whats horrible is the hypocrisy comming from San Fran. I swear those guys loved Bonds off when each and every one of them knew he ate steroids for breakfast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nithanyo View Post
    Whats horrible is the hypocrisy comming from San Fran. I swear those guys loved Bonds off when each and every one of them knew he ate steroids for breakfast
    All of the SF fans in the main forum wanted Melky back. They loved him.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast