Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fmradioguy View Post
    I have to think the Jays already have another trade or two pending on Selig approving this thing. This isn't just holding up the Jays and Marlins.
    I'm sure they have a verbal on it as evidenced by the Melky trade. He's no doubt looking to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysforever View Post
    I'm sure they have a verbal on it as evidenced by the Melky trade. He's no doubt looking to win.
    Not neccessarily. I think they would have signed Melky regardless of the Miami trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fmradioguy View Post
    Not neccessarily. I think they would have signed Melky regardless of the Miami trade.
    Maybe....we don't know what options Melky had.

vCash
    Does Selig have power to veto the trade because two of the players involved had verbal agreement they would not be traded?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GNick View Post
    Does Selig have power to veto the trade because two of the players involved had verbal agreement they would not be traded?
    How does that change anything? If it's not in the contract it doesn't count.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    How does that change anything? If it's not in the contract it doesn't count.
    Don't know...just read this today. Seems like dirty way to do business.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/m...romises-111612

vCash
    Even if they were, why would they want to stay now? I'd leave.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    As per MLBTR...

The Marlins and Blue Jays have officially filed the paperwork about their big 12-player trade with the league, reports Rogers Sportsnet's Shi Davidi (via Twitter). Monday is the most likely date for the trade to be finalized, though it could happen over the weekend.
    Ken Rosenthal is reporting it could happend today..
    PPl relax,reyes was in dubaii,he did his physical yesterday,paperwork done hand in yesterday...
    Deal done today or monday the latest.
    Let's have a party...
    Also blue jays aren't done...Shh Marcum,delicious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GNick View Post
    Don't know...just read this today. Seems like dirty way to do business.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/m...romises-111612
    I've read it too but it shouldn't change whether the trade goes through or not. Dirty move by the Marlins, but that's why you get these things in writing. How sketchy would it sound if someone told you "we don't give out no-trade clauses, but we're not trading you, pinky swear"

I know I wouldn't trust that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    I've read it too but it shouldn't change whether the trade goes through or not. Dirty move by the Marlins, but that's why you get these things in writing. How sketchy would it sound if someone told you "we don't give out no-trade clauses, but we're not trading you, pinky swear"

I know I wouldn't trust that.
    I've been in business 20 years, thru experience I've learned not to piss off the Mrs. They got a lot of pull how happy players are on the field. Maybe, we should re-trade Buerhle to where wants to go. Reyes didn't sound as upset by it.

vCash
    Does anybody know when the trade will be officially processed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    I'm guessing monday they were just waiting for Reyes's physical as he was in Dubai. Selig isn't gonna veto squat.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    It should be in the next few hours.

I wonder what happens if the trade is vetoed? I'd assume AA has a plan B...and C...and D.

But what if?....The phones will light up. Teams knowing AA has money to spend and he's willing to move specs. I'd bet he probably had a couple other big trades in frame before.

Doesn't matter...it will go through. I'd expect 1 if not 2 trades today. 1 being another blockbuster with 3-4 players getting moved with 1-2 coming back. I'd expect to take on more salary too.

Everyone forgets AA has the protected pick in his back pocket. I don't see him wasting that now that he's all in...so a big FA signing...no idea who.

I'd like to see one or maybe 2 of Sánchez, Marcum, Kuroda or Harren. Trade Buehrle and Happ. Making Romero our 5th pitcher...that would be sick.

I also think AA trades for a really big bat and over pays.

JPA, Ramsus, Buehrle, Happ, Lind (sucker born everyday), Syndergaard and norris won't be Jays in 24 hrs.

Hoping we get one of Price/Felix or Lee < Happy for all 3 > and a big bat for 1B or DH.

Seat-belts on.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    It should be in the next few hours.

I wonder what happens if the trade is vetoed? I'd assume AA has a plan B...and C...and D.

But what if?....The phones will light up. Teams knowing AA has money to spend and he's willing to move specs. I'd bet he probably had a couple other big trades in frame before.

Doesn't matter...it will go through. I'd expect 1 if not 2 trades today. 1 being another blockbuster with 3-4 players getting moved with 1-2 coming back. I'd expect to take on more salary too.

Everyone forgets AA has the protected pick in his back pocket. I don't see him wasting that now that he's all in...so a big FA signing...no idea who.

I'd like to see one or maybe 2 of S&#225;nchez, Marcum, Kuroda or Harren. Trade Buehrle and Happ. Making Romero our 5th pitcher...that would be sick.

I also think AA trades for a really big bat and over pays.

JPA, Ramsus, Buehrle, Happ, Lind (sucker born everyday), Syndergaard and norris won't be Jays in 24 hrs.

Hoping we get one of Price/Felix or Lee < Happy for all 3 > and a big bat for 1B or DH.

Seat-belts on.
    I would be extremely surprised if the jays take on anymore salary than they already have. AA and Beeston are both on record saying that team salary would go up, but have both said that it would not be a bottomless pit. I would guess that any moves that the Jays make going forward this off-season would be either contract for contract moves, or specs/roster players for young controllable players that aren't making big dollars yet.

vCash
    Billyen...
    Last edited by Talick; 11-19-2012 at 07:33 AM.

Jays '13

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast