Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Update: Bud Selig Approves Blockbuster Jays/Marlins trade

Just heard this on the FAN 590.

Don't even know what to say if it gets vetoed by some chance...

vCash
    If it gets Veto'ed I'll ****ing kill.... that would be such crap, especially since he let the trade go through when Boston dumped all those contracts and he never had a problem with it.

EDIT: Oh it's heyman, he's been a little sour puss ever since the trade happened and has been trying his damnest to hide his discontent (I think he secretly hates the Blue Jays). I have no doubt this will go through ok...
    Last edited by StayOnBoard; 11-15-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    I dont see it getting vetoed. We gave them some prospects that are pretty highly regarded and Escobar and Alvarez. Longterm I don't see this trade being as one sided as it appears to be now. Pretty fair trade considering the contracts we took.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
    I dont see it getting vetoed. We gave them some prospects that are pretty highly regarded and Escobar and Alvarez. Longterm I don't see this trade being as one sided as it appears to be now. Pretty fair trade considering the contracts we took.
    Agreed - I think it's being reviewed because they review ALL huge trades when millions of dollars changes hands.

They can't let all the other ones go through and then block this one because they didn't like it. That would be pretty ****ing retarded - and would cause a **** ton of rage. Selig is a lot of things and I really don't like the guy but one thing he rarely ever does is step in and change things that were already agreed to by teams. Cant see anything happening but if so it's going to cause a HUGE **** storm of epic proportions.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    just a procedural move.

vCash
    Yeah Im not too worried.... rotos' take
    Bud Selig said Thursday that the 12-player megatrade between the Marlins and Blue Jays is "under review."
    Any swap involving the exchange of money has to approved by Selig, so this is nothing to get too worked up about. It would be downright shocking if the deal got vetoed. As it stands, the Blue Jays will receive Jose Reyes, Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle, Emilio Bonifacio, John Buck and $8 million from the Marlins for Yunel Escobar, Adeiny Hechavarria, Henderson Alvarez, Jake Marisnick, Justin Nicolino and Anthony DeSclafani.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    He has to review it because money is involved.

Right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    just a procedural move.
    Yup. It has to happen for the deal to become official. This just means that the deal is moving to the next step before it becomes official. In theory it "could" be veto'd but so can any deal in theory. I don't see any reason why this one would.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
    He has to review it because money is involved.

Right?
    Right

vCash
    BA podcast discussing the trade. Overall positve for the jays saying they feel they got 3 of the 4 top players in the trade. Some reservation about JJ and his health and what version of JJ will show up in toronto. I'm wondering this too!

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...ts/podcast.xml

vCash
    This is the tweet that started Twitter going...Sorry, it was Bob Nightengale, not Jon Heyman apparently.

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale

Selig feels for the #marlins fans and will take everything in consideration before making decision

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    This is the tweet that started Twitter going...Sorry, it was Bob Nightengale, not Jon Heyman apparently.

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale

Selig feels for the #marlins fans and will take everything in consideration before making decision
    I'm still not concerned... he can't just veto trades whenever he feels like it....

It would be an embarrassment to baseball if this trade was blocked.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    What does rejecting the trade do for Miami though? They've still got Loria who they despise/don't trust, they've still got a last place ballclub. The damage is done. All rejecting this would do is destroy two markets, not just one.

vCash
    Didn't realize fans feelings needed to be considered before deals could be completed.

No one asked me if I wanted Burke to trade 2 first rounders for Phil Kessel!
    ...yes I know. Different sport.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    I'm still not concerned... he can't just veto trades whenever he feels like it....

It would be an embarrassment to baseball if this trade was blocked.
    You're using logic though. Get that out of your system.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast