Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Can and should Jays bid on Greinke?

Right now the two LA teams are bidding on Zach Greinke. If Mark Buerhle can NOT bring his dog to Toronto, should Jays put a bid in for ZG? keep in mind I believe he is looking for something in the 20 - 25 mil/year range. Also the Jays would have to trade the unhappy starter for a 1 bag or dh type player.

vCash
    Buehrle is under contract. His only options are play or retire. He can ask for a trade, but that wish doesn't have to be granted.

As for Greinke, I'm pretty sure he's said he wouldn't waive his NTC to go to Toronto back when he was with Kansas City, so I have no reason to believe he'd be willing to sign here as a free agent.

If the Jays are going to sign a free agent starting pitcher, and i have no reason to believe they will, it'll likely be Anibal Sanchez or Edwin Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    Buehrle is under contract. His only options are play or retire. He can ask for a trade, but that wish doesn't have to be granted.
    This. Until the end of the year, at least. It's in his best interest to pitch well.

vCash
    Ya, I'm sure that AA would trade him and get something to help the team as opposed to let him pitch unhappy or retire. Sanchez and Jackson are pretty realistic but maybe could Trade for Morneau and at least get something. I'm sure Ontario can and will look the other way when Buerhle comes to town.

vCash
    no and no IMO

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    The whole stupid pitbull thing is pure speculation. Even if it is legit, there have to be a million ways around it. Non-issue imo.

vCash
    Sure, give it a go. With or without Buehrle. I'm not saying it would come down to this, but given the choice of re-upping JJ or signing Greinke, I'd prefer the latter.

vCash
    After seeing what AA has done this week, nothing is impossible. If we flip Buerhle, we might have a chance.

PS. Argos to the grey cup baby!

vCash
    Funny the difference a week can make in our expectations for the Jays.

I think Grenkie is a bit much to hope for (Or even necessary imo). I personally think they're going to go for depth signings for the rotation to fight for the 5th spot and give us some AAA depth in case of injuries.

As was said though, I suppose you never know.

vCash
    arizona said they wanted mlb ready talent for upton...i wonder if buerhle,jpa,rasmus and someone else would be enough?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafswin2011 View Post
    arizona said they wanted mlb ready talent for upton...i wonder if buerhle,jpa,rasmus and someone else would be enough?
    Arizona dont need those players with maybe the exception of Rasmus who is coming off a down year. No, that isn't close to being enough. They want young controllable talent at 3B/SS/OF.
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

vCash
    I'd love to see Greinke here but

a) every indication points to him wanting nothing to do with Toronto.
    b) if a) is negotiable, I suspect we'd have to grossly overpay...and I mean grossly.

That said, it doesn't seem like a match.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    no and no IMO
    This because...

Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    I'd love to see Greinke here but

a) every indication points to him wanting nothing to do with Toronto.
    b) if a) is negotiable, I suspect we'd have to grossly overpay...and I mean grossly.

That said, it doesn't seem like a match.
    This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KidDraco View Post
    After seeing what AA has done this week, nothing is impossible. If we flip Buerhle, we might have a chance.

PS. Argos to the grey cup baby!
    This is how I started thinking too. Remember Jack Morris? They said we had no shot at him and then BOOOOM, he was our ace!

vCash
    i just dont wanna see the jays throw 25 million at this guy ...

but its not my money

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast