Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Best chance to win MVP this season outside of Lebron.

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chris Paul

    20 16.26%
  • Carmelo Anthony

    44 35.77%
  • Kevin Durant

    23 18.70%
  • Kobe Bryant

    19 15.45%
  • Dwight Howard

    2 1.63%
  • Tim Duncan

    4 3.25%
  • James Harden

    5 4.07%
  • Other

    6 4.88%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 98
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    BROOKLYN
    Posts
    1,865
    vCash
    1500
    MELO BY FAR. durant is playing very very normal so far
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    Westbrook is like a younger version of A.I. mixed w/ 23 yr. old Kobe.
    WELCOME TO PSD


  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    68,854
    vCash
    1500
    There was another thread like this...I chose Melo and got laughed at a ridiculed. SUCK IT HATERS

    What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Silverdale, Wa
    Posts
    8,461
    vCash
    1500
    CP3
    Durant
    Kobe(if he continues his unselfish play) ray:
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

    I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com



    You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,596
    vCash
    1500
    Right now the MVP belongs to Carmelo or CP3. Even with LBJ in the mix. CP3 and Melo have been playing better. But its a looooooooong season and we got a ways to go.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    9,551
    vCash
    1500
    Durant. OKC are going to win enough games, and his stats will be the closest to LeBron.

    If the Knicks keep winning then Melo has a chance. CP3 is always going to be up there if healthy and the Clippers keep winning.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,593
    vCash
    1500
    Chronz.


    Yeah, there's no point in debating this unless Lebron goes down with an injury.


    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

    Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.


    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

    But Tittays are forever.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,800
    vCash
    1500
    Landry or Lin

    #TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    14,723
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Losoway View Post
    MELO BY FAR. durant is playing very very normal so far
    Hahah, sarcasm?

    Melo: 23.8 pts (43% FG, 74% FT), 8.2 rbs, 1.2 ast, 0.7 blks, 0.7 stls

    KD: 24.2 pts (49% FG, 89% FT), 10.3 rbs, 4.0 ast, 1.6 blks, 1.6 stls

    I went ahead and bolded the better of the two in each standard category...


    To me Lebron's #1 competition would be CP3. The one guy in the league who I think might be a flat better basketball player than Lebron (and everyone else) - tho' not necessarily more impactful - and has his team firing on all cylinders in the early going.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gentrified Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,354
    vCash
    1500
    why is Harden on that list?

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gentrified Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,354
    vCash
    1500
    The MVP voting is stupid every season.

    theres always at least 3 people deserving of the reward.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    7,310
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Hahah, sarcasm?

    Melo: 23.8 pts (43% FG, 74% FT), 8.2 rbs, 1.2 ast, 0.7 blks, 0.7 stls

    KD: 24.2 pts (49% FG, 89% FT), 10.3 rbs, 4.0 ast, 1.6 blks, 1.6 stls

    I went ahead and bolded the better of the two in each standard category...


    To me Lebron's #1 competition would be CP3. The one guy in the league who I think might be a flat better basketball player than Lebron (and everyone else) - tho' not necessarily more impactful - and has his team firing on all cylinders in the early going.
    lol shut him up.


    LETS GO HEAT




  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    perth australia
    Posts
    9,577
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by beliges View Post
    Right now the MVP belongs to Carmelo or CP3. Even with LBJ in the mix. CP3 and Melo have been playing better. But its a looooooooong season and we got a ways to go.
    actually they haven't been playing better, lebron trumps them both in almost every statistical category. i understand melo because his team is undefeated but cp3 doesn't deserve it over lebron at this moment.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,729
    vCash
    1500
    Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Kevin Durant.

    Those 3 have the best chance, imo.

    Other possibilities: Carmelo Anthony, Deron Williams, Rajon Rondo, Kobe Bryant.

    At the end of the day, however, it's LeBron's award to lose.
    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/oscar-taveras
    ~ Oscar Taveras ~ The next Phenom

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    23,633
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    But again the Knicks were the 7th seed last year, if they get 1 or 2 he certainly will be a mvp favorite no matter what.
    But that's ridiculous. Last year's team missed an insane amount of time due to injuries and this team is clearly deeper and better defensively that last year. Last year's team also had to deal with the coaching drama.

    Regardless, I can't imagine Melo being an MVP candidate by the end of the season. His numbers will falter or he'll get injured. He always does. And then we'll all be reminded why the guy doesn't deserve to be spoken in the same breath as guys like Lebron, Wade, Durant and Kobe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    If Kobe ends the season with a higher PER, win shares, and ws/48 than LeBron, barring injuries, I will sport a Kobe sig.
    Not only do I agree with this, but I'll one up it. If Kobe tops Lebron in PER OR WS/48, I will allow Lakers fans to make a custom Kobe sig that I will sport for one full year. That's how confident I am that this will never happen for the rest of their careers. Kobe has not surpassed Lebron in either stat since 2006-2007.

    I won't do Win Shares, though, because an injury could keep Lebron from posting higher totals.


  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,642
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    But that's ridiculous. Last year's team missed an insane amount of time due to injuries and this team is clearly deeper and better defensively that last year. Last year's team also had to deal with the coaching drama.

    Regardless, I can't imagine Melo being an MVP candidate by the end of the season. His numbers will falter or he'll get injured. He always does. And then we'll all be reminded why the guy doesn't deserve to be spoken in the same breath as guys like Lebron, Wade, Durant and Kobe.


    Not only do I agree with this, but I'll one up it. If Kobe tops Lebron in PER OR WS/48, I will allow Lakers fans to make a custom Kobe sig that I will sport for one full year. That's how confident I am that this will never happen for the rest of their careers. Kobe has not surpassed Lebron in either stat since 2006-2007.

    I won't do Win Shares, though, because an injury could keep Lebron from posting higher totals.
    my original claim said barring injuries..........

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •