Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Best chance to win MVP this season outside of Lebron.

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chris Paul

20 16.26%
  • Carmelo Anthony

44 35.77%
  • Kevin Durant

23 18.70%
  • Kobe Bryant

19 15.45%
  • Dwight Howard

2 1.63%
  • Tim Duncan

4 3.25%
  • James Harden

5 4.07%
  • Other

6 4.88%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    LeBron was the best player in the game, on one of the top teams. He was frozen out by the media entirely.

Sooooo, Dwight or Kobe should win it? A top 2, top 5, top 12, and top 20 player on the same roster?

Be consistent bud.
    Actually you could say Wade was the best in 2010 or even Kobe with how things ended vs Boston that year. Once game 5 happened against Boston the entire view on Lebron changed. Wade dominated the celtics that postseason, he just had a weak team to do anything against them as far as winning.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    How in the hell is Melo leading in votes? He might be having career numbers, but if anyone was a clear No. 2 behind Lebron, it's definitely Durant. And Paul would actually be my third. IF Melo can stay healthy the entire season and continue to put up similar numbers, he'll be in the discussion, but he shouldn't be ahead of Durant or Paul, whose numbers will be most definitely be superior by the end of the season.

vCash
    Durant or CP3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    How in the hell is Melo leading in votes? He might be having career numbers, but if anyone was a clear No. 2 behind Lebron, it's definitely Durant. And Paul would actually be my third. IF Melo can stay healthy the entire season and continue to put up similar numbers, he'll be in the discussion, but he shouldn't be ahead of Durant or Paul, whose numbers will be most definitely be superior by the end of the season.
    But again the Knicks were the 7th seed last year, if they get 1 or 2 he certainly will be a mvp favorite no matter what.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    Kobe's going to get overlooked again
    Over looked? "Kobe was never the best player in any season"

Let him finish off his career and shut up all the haters and critics for good.

vCash
    Durant or Paul
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Actually you could say Wade was the best in 2010 or even Kobe with how things ended vs Boston that year. Once game 5 happened against Boston the entire view on Lebron changed. Wade dominated the celtics that postseason, he just had a weak team to do anything against them as far as winning.
    No, you can't say Wade was the teams best player. The playoffs have absolutely no sway in the MVP award, the voting is done previous.

Point stands. You want to freeze out the best player in the world for leaving in free agency, then you better hold true when a player holds his team hostage and ends up on a team stacked FAR more than the Heat were LBJ's first year.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    the voting wasn't made public, otherwise it would be obvious NY fans are pile driving the voting. He has been awesome the first 5 games. But, isn't this Melo's career? 20 games where you say, "damn, that dude is a top 3 player", followed by 20 games where he doesn't try on defense, stops moving the ball, chucks away, and looks like him being ranked top 20 is a stretch. He just so happened to start out with his good stretch this year.

Durant and Paul are the easy 2-3 choices. Dwight should get frozen out from the vote, Kobe with 1350 games on his knees can't possibly sustain a statistical season that would rank #1 in his career.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    the voting wasn't made public, otherwise it would be obvious NY fans are pile driving the voting. He has been awesome the first 5 games. But, isn't this Melo's career? 20 games where you say, "damn, that dude is a top 3 player", followed by 20 games where he doesn't try on defense, stops moving the ball, chucks away, and looks like him being ranked top 20 is a stretch. He just so happened to start out with his good stretch this year.

Durant and Paul are the easy 2-3 choices. Dwight should get frozen out from the vote, Kobe with 1350 games on his knees can't possibly sustain a statistical season that would rank #1 in his career.
    well said. Cp3 would be in the lead so far for me. if clipper can get a top 2 seed i think he wins MVP

vCash
    If Kobe ends the season with a higher PER, win shares, and ws/48 than LeBron, barring injuries, I will sport a Kobe sig.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    You are missing the point, Lebron didn't get it because the new team he went to had 2 other guys in there prime including a top 3 player and the team won fewer games than he had while in Cleveland. Not to mention he had already won back to back MVP's without even getting to the finals. Now had the Heat had a better record than he had while in Cleveland or he hadn't won any MVP's then you can say the situation would be similar.
    why did he win in 2012 than? only reason lebron didn't win was drose fooled everyone ctfu lol

vCash
    Guess who's back?
    That's right!!!!

And may I say wow the fact Kobe is being overlooked is sad he's probably been the best/second best player in the league so far
    And people aren't even mentioning records if that was the case I would understand but the excuses people are using are face palm worthy

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Guess who's back?
    That's right!!!!

And may I say wow the fact Kobe is being overlooked is sad he's probably been the best/second best player in the league so far
    And people aren't even mentioning records if that was the case I would understand but the excuses people are using are face palm worthy
    Kobe started off hot last year as well. Like I said, if he ends up with a higher PER, win shares, and ws/48 than LeBron, I am sporting a Kobe sig.

vCash
    Cp3 and Durant hasn't been THAT good in comparison to years prior.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    If Kobe keeps his level of play to where it is now and the lakers finish top 2 in the west, it's possible .

Still think Lebron wins it though

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast