Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Nolasco and Morrison to be traded next

They are the next two to go reports say. Funny the FO wouldn't trade Morrison for Gio Gonzalez, but they will probably trade him for my 12 yr old nephew.

Every MLB team knows they can literally offer a case of pepsi for them and Loria would say yes.

When MLB the show 13 comes out i am going to add Stanton to Toronto and play as them. I will also root for Toronto next year cause it would be more like rooting for the Marlins than actually rooting for Miami...lol

vCash
    I can see Nolasco given that he makes 11.5 million, but Morrison can't make that much. I know I will get bashed for this, but if the Marlins are going full rebuild mode, I'd put Stanton on the block and see who comes at you with the most. Stanton is a great player, but with him or without him, unless the Marlins go big spend again (which I can't see), they are a last place team who are pretty much a guaranteed lock for 100+ losses next year and maybe the year after.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I can see Nolasco given that he makes 11.5 million, but Morrison can't make that much. I know I will get bashed for this, but if the Marlins are going full rebuild mode, I'd put Stanton on the block and see who comes at you with the most. Stanton is a great player, but with him or without him, unless the Marlins go big spend again (which I can't see), they are a last place team who are pretty much a guaranteed lock for 100+ losses next year and maybe the year after.
    You will not get bashed one bit. I agree totally with you.
    1) Stanton can't do it alone
    2) There is no way he will sign a long term deal with this team now as long as Loria is the owner. He will walk first chance he gets.
    3) He actually can net us many top prospects based on what he has done so far plus the continuing upside.

vCash
    I want the White Sox to trade for Yunel Escobar. It seems the Marlins just want salary relief. So I would give up something like Phil Humber and Brent Morel for Escobar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    I want the White Sox to trade for Yunel Escobar. It seems the Marlins just want salary relief. So I would give up something like Phil Humber and Brent Morel for Escobar.
    He probably will be traded. Shoot if you can give us any kind of decent pitching done deal.. I do not want Escobar...he was trouble for the Braves and trouble for Toronto, he is a watered down version of Hanley when it comes to attitude..plus I think he is one of the DUI boys from a while ago if i am not mistaken.

vCash
    I'd hate to see them trade Stanton, but if the Rangers offer Profar, Olt, and one of Martin Perez/Leonys Martin plus a lower-level prospect or two, I'd hope the Marlins would jump on that.

I've also heard the only reason Nolasco hasn't been dealt yet is that he's very good friends with Stanton and they feel they need to keep Ricky in order to appease Giancarlo (if that's even possible at this point).

vCash
    All I can say about this team is wow. Stanton is already in a mindset of one foot out the door, and unless we somehow rid ourselves of David Samson and our god awful owner, this team is headed for total hopelessness.