Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 151
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto, ON, Canada.
    Posts
    256
    vCash
    1500
    His race got him hyped in the first place so what is he crying about? He's obviously not living up to his contract or the hype he received so stop talking and start ballin'.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gentrified Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,354
    vCash
    1500
    this is coming from an Asian American...


    Jeremy Lin, theres inequality everywhere, just STFU and play basketball.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Seatown
    Posts
    8,574
    vCash
    1500
    I wish people would stop saying he has to "live up to his contract." The guy only got that amount because Daryl Morey was trying to stop the Knicks from matching a contract offer and upped the price beyond a reasonable level, so its not like Lin was worth that amount of money in the first place.
    He felt that one



    Bye Bye Haters



    KNICKS SEAHAWKS RANGERS MARINERS

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    5,093
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamMelo15 View Post
    I wish people would stop saying he has to "live up to his contract." The guy only got that amount because Daryl Morey was trying to stop the Knicks from matching a contract offer and upped the price beyond a reasonable level, so its not like Lin was worth that amount of money in the first place.
    Exactly Lin even said in the article he was ready to come back to NY. It wasn't even Morey, Morey drew the line after the initial offer that came out, I think it was 4 years 28 million with year 4 being an option. It was their owner Alexander who gave Morey the green light to increase the offer after speaking to Yao. It was Yao who said there's a big asian market overseas Rockets owner could cash in on. That's what lead to the big contract.
    Last edited by Blitzace137; 11-16-2012 at 12:29 AM.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    No. Cal
    Posts
    444
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    First it's his knees, now it's his race....what's next your d**k?
    Theres racism all over this board, including this quote. Black people are the main offenders of this. Has anyone seen the SNL skit about Jeremy Lin where the black commentators clowned on Jeremy Lin using Asian stereotypes but when someone says something offensive about black stereotypes, like huge lips or looking like chimps, they get heavily offended.

    I believe the skit is on youtube.

    !!!

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    7,369
    vCash
    1500
    He's the tim tebow of the nfl. Its ironic that the only reason he got that money is because he's asian and now he's flipping the script on the media. Listen guy, the reason people don;t like you is the following A. You're not very good B. You sat out playoff games you were medically cleared to play for in order to maximize your free agent value, even though the team you were playing for literally did everything imaginable to help your career. C. you spurned the biggest, richest media market on earth and came off as a selfish weasel. and D. You're a Jesus Freak, thankfully a dying breed in this nation, especially amongst youths. These are the reasons for being disliked. And for all the people claiming this is racism, that is ridiculous, asians in this country aren't downtrodden and oppressed like blacks and hispanics, in fact they are vilified for their educational achievements etc. You never hear of a guy being rejected for a job because he's asian. Listen, the mere fact of the matter is asian people tend to be small and unathletic,its the reason you see such a small percentage of them in professional sports, illustated even further if you take into account how many asians their actually are comparitively-- anddd it was fun to see an anomoly. Stop your whining and thank the heavens you lucked into 26 million bucks.
    THE GOAT

    Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.


    The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

    50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    7,369
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Odominator View Post
    Theres racism all over this board, including this quote. Black people are the main offenders of this. Has anyone seen the SNL skit about Jeremy Lin where the black commentators clowned on Jeremy Lin using Asian stereotypes but when someone says something offensive about black stereotypes, like huge lips or looking like chimps, they get heavily offended.

    I believe the skit is on youtube.
    People are way too sensitive, and its a fact asians have smaller dicks. Is it racist if its true?
    http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/333932
    THE GOAT

    Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.


    The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

    50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    No. Cal
    Posts
    444
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by koberulesall View Post
    he has got it backwords, he is bitter for being asian so he hates everyone else around him, but not much to report or care about here nobody is going to know who he is in 2 years or less

    No, I don't think he is bitter for being Asian. And people will continue to know who Jeremy Lin is even 2-5 years from now.

    Honestly I think all the hate from the black community stems from the fact that they have many black athletes who put up similar numbers to Lin but don't get the media attention as Lin does. They honestly feel Lin, because he is Asian, is stepping outside of his social role as a scientist/mathematician/nerd/insert Asian stereotype here and should not have anything to do with a basketball or athletics. However, I am pretty sure Jeremy Lin can ball up most of the people who log onto prosportsdaily to criticize him.

    Its unfortunate that people of color are so divided over such petty things when they should be united and work towards the common goal of equality. The only barriers to people of color and equality is the majority who are in power, and that is usually composed of people of euro-anglo descent.

    !!!

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    No. Cal
    Posts
    444
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    People are way too sensitive, and its a fact asians have smaller dicks. Is it racist if its true?
    http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/333932

    No, but I think you are a complete moron for citing a website article and not a scholarly peer-reviewed article. I think if stereotypes are true about the size of genitalia based on race, then the size of the cranium space and the brain organ must go in reverse.


    Please cite something more legitimate than an article that even calls itself "flawed" because the data was gathered by websites.

    !!!

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,962
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    From the article:



    That's sort of being part of a New York franchise though. He also says this:



    This part sounds ridiculous to me. I know there may be some racial undertones and some certain people may come at it that way, but the contract was just ridiculous to just about anyone outside of New York. D'Antoni helped make Linsanity. As for the hype, it wasn't because he was Asian but because he was a Harvard nobody who had been cut twice and suddenly put up historic numbers.
    You are right about that,and he was about to get cut again,but it was also because he is asian.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    7,369
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Odominator View Post
    No, but I think you are a complete moron for citing a website article and not a scholarly peer-reviewed article. I think if stereotypes are true about the size of genitalia based on race, then the size of the cranium space and the brain organ must go in reverse.


    Please cite something more legitimate than an article that even calls itself "flawed" because the data was gathered by websites.
    What a dishonest comparison, such a straw man argument, bringing cranial dimensions and the brain-by far the most complex and fascinating organ in the natural world and as complicated as quantum mechanics- into a dick measuring contest? Are you serious? I don't have access aside from abstracts to scholarly articles but in this case I believe its true, if you know anything about statistics, all data is flawed, especially in collecting something as sensitive as this. Metadata collected on the internet is likely the best place to find data on the subject. I'm sorry if you're butthurt but that hardly makes me a moron.
    THE GOAT

    Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.


    The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

    50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    No. Cal
    Posts
    444
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    What a dishonest comparison, such a straw man argument, bringing cranial dimensions and the brain-by far the most complex and fascinating organ in the natural world and as complicated as quantum mechanics- into a dick measuring contest? Are you serious? I don't have access aside from abstracts to scholarly articles but in this case I believe its true, if you know anything about statistics, all data is flawed, especially in collecting something as sensitive as this. Metadata collected on the internet is likely the best place to find data on the subject. I'm sorry if you're butthurt but that hardly makes me a moron.
    What a fascinating and complex argument
    Last edited by Odominator; 11-16-2012 at 01:09 AM.

    !!!

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    No. Cal
    Posts
    444
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    What a dishonest comparison, such a straw man argument, bringing cranial dimensions and the brain-by far the most complex and fascinating organ in the natural world and as complicated as quantum mechanics- into a dick measuring contest? Are you serious? I don't have access aside from abstracts to scholarly articles but in this case I believe its true, if you know anything about statistics, all data is flawed, especially in collecting something as sensitive as this. Metadata collected on the internet is likely the best place to find data on the subject. I'm sorry if you're butthurt but that hardly makes me a moron.


    !!!

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    7,369
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Odominator View Post
    Nice, Quantum Mechanics. Relative!!! BTW, no I am not butt hurt, but it sounds like you are 'dishonestly' and 'fascinatingly' butthurt
    Its a worthy comparison if you know anything about neuroscience or physics, but I'm done arguing with 15 year olds.
    THE GOAT

    Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.


    The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

    50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    No. Cal
    Posts
    444
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    Its a worthy comparison if you know anything about neuroscience or physics, but I'm done arguing with 15 year olds.

    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    What a dishonest comparison, such a straw man argument, bringing cranial dimensions and the brain-by far the most complex and fascinating organ in the natural world and as complicated as quantum mechanics- into a dick measuring contest? Are you serious? I don't have access aside from abstracts to scholarly articles but in this case I believe its true, if you know anything about statistics, all data is flawed, especially in collecting something as sensitive as this. Metadata collected on the internet is likely the best place to find data on the subject. I'm sorry if you're butthurt but that hardly makes me a moron.


    I think your arguing with yourself now. Peace!

    !!!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •