Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Its probably true, but hey, he still got dominated by Vasquez last night
    Bringing her back!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccg34 View Post
    What Lin said was true. I can definitely relate to him. I was a Filipino American military kid. I moved around a lot. I would start myself on the bench then when they saw I could play during garbage time and blowouts, I'd get playing time. This happened 5-6 times when joining a new basketball team. I kept having to prove myself every time I went to a new basketball team. People are ignorant and stereotype others based on skin. I've been called Chinese freak and chink by opposing teams and fans. Racism is still alive unfortunately.
    case and point. If people don't think Racism or sterotypes don't exist when it comes to sports there fooling themselves. Good Post people will just ignore your post to prove their point.
    Last edited by Blitzace137; 11-15-2012 at 10:20 PM.

vCash
    Okay?

Rise

vCash
    jeremy lin is really getting annoying. open season it was his knees still hurt from a surgery he was cleared to play after a month of . now its the race card

whats next. james harden doesnt pass to me because i look like yao ming ?

come on . stop with the excuses . your playing terrible just hush and work on your game
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    Westbrook is like a younger version of A.I. mixed w/ 23 yr. old Kobe.
    WELCOME TO PSD

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Fanatic View Post
    People criticize him because he sucks balls.
    You're right. He's so terrible, he only plays in the NBA. What a loser. Get a real job Jeremy, join a real league, this kid obviously thinks he's a pro or something.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccg34 View Post
    What Lin said was true. I can definitely relate to him. I was a Filipino American military kid. I moved around a lot. I would start myself on the bench then when they saw I could play during garbage time and blowouts, I'd get playing time. This happened 5-6 times when joining a new basketball team. I kept having to prove myself every time I went to a new basketball team. People are ignorant and stereotype others based on skin. I've been called Chinese freak and chink by opposing teams and fans. Racism is still alive unfortunately.
    You and every other minority guy, cry me a river. No one feels sorry for Lin, racism would be alot easier to deal with when you can buy your way in and out of almost everything and anywhere. And Lin is a Bay Area kid, the asian population here is huge. I could see if he was raised in the South.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    You and every other minority guy, cry me a river. No one feels sorry for Lin, racism would be alot easier to deal with when you can buy your way in and out of almost everything and anywhere. And Lin is a Bay Area kid, the asian population here is huge. I could see if he was raised in the South.
    Do expand on how racism is a lot easier when you have money. Also, what about those who can't buy their way in and out of almost everything.

Edit: What Lin said was unwarranted. I don't think race has to do anything with it.
    Last edited by chicago lulz; 11-15-2012 at 10:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PlezPlayDKnicks View Post
    Exactly.. They tried to lowball him n it backfired. Enter Felton discounted. All the other stuff is propaganda sold to the sheep. NOVAK is overpaid and nobody complains cuz it's fun to scream novakaine and discount double check
    Only the smartest of Knicks fans know this fact everyone else think Lin turned his back on us and went back to the Rockets to increase the offer . I agree most of the other nonsense is Propaganda sold to the sheeps and they eat it right up. People Should go look at other players that get paid 8 million.

vCash
    Lin sucks. Sucks might be harsh. But his below good

Rise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post
    hmm.. WHY IS IT THAT WHENEVER US CHINESE PEOPRE BUIRD CITY WARR, MONGORIANS BREAK IT?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVCor_HJJSE

titties

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chicago lulz View Post
    Do expand on how racism is a lot easier when you have money. Also, what about those who can't buy their way in and out of almost everything.

Edit: What Lin said was unwarranted. I don't think race has to do anything with it.
    It would be petty and unjustifiable of someone making the money Lin is making doing what he is doing to complain about something like racism, especially when it isn't a result of actual abuse of some sort.

Those who don't have that money obviously do not apply to my statement. "If the shoe fits wear it".

I absolutely agree race has nothing to do with it, that's my point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace137 View Post
    Only the smartest of Knicks fans know this fact everyone else think Lin turned his back on us and went back to the Rockets to increase the offer . I agree most of the other nonsense is Propaganda sold to the sheeps and they eat it right up. People Should go look at other players that get paid 8 million.
    I'm not to sure about this. Restricted free agents usually wait to recieve an offer from another team and then once that is done the team with the players rights either chooses to match it or let the player go. Almost every Restricted Free Agent gets lowballed initially.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    This isn't a race card, he's absolutely right. Growing up in england, you come to america and it's so obvious that racism is deepley engrained in the hearts and minds of the people. You can't even realize it or comprehend it because it's all you know and it would take moving outside of the usa to realize it.

Not to say that everybody here is racist, but racism is a huge part of every day life. I'm white, but the things i hear other white people say when they think no minorities are listening are disturbing and disgusting.

I heard a guy the other day say "it smells like (n-word's) in here" and nobody even reacted. I said, what the hell is that supposed to mean, and he said "you don't know what n-word's smell like?"

and there were about 5 or 6 other white guys around that were like "...yeah seriously..."

it's racism against blacks, asians, latinos, middle easterns, and pretty much anybody who isn't white... Deep down it's like a lot of american's honestly think they are smarter or better than other races. It's pretty sickening, but i blame the years and years of cultural segregation, and values passed down from generation to generation.

Old habits die hard.

My best friend growing up and i were in his dad's car and we drove passed a black guy in his neighborhood and he said "great now my house went down in value becuase we have n-words in the neighborhood."

i'm not friends with the guys anymore.

I have so many great american friends that are not like that at all, but it's crazy how many people think like that. I worked at a gas station for 3 years in high school and you hear a lot of crap... So many racists out there.

I know a lot of people will say crap like "you don't like america, go back to england' and stuff like that, but i love this love country and love my american friends and my american girlfiend. I just wish there was less racism in all parts of life, especially sports where people don't even realize how prevelant it is.

Cue the violin right?

But seriously, in all honesty, i was overwealmed by not only the racism in the country, but the denial and lack of recognition of blatant racism. I don't fully understand it like lin, but no doubt it's there.

Just don't understand how people can brush it off like "oh he's playing the race card"

go to college or read a book or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44 View Post
    I'm not to sure about this. Restricted free agents usually wait to recieve an offer from another team and then once that is done the team with the players rights either chooses to match it or let the player go. Almost every Restricted Free Agent gets lowballed initially.
    Agreed but Lin was not a normal case due to his "brand" and the market he brings in. It just makes no sense to me we gave Novak the same number of years we would have given Lin, except a couple million more per year that's if we gave Lin an initial offer. We overpaid Novak but low balled Lin? Think about it, makes no sense which leads me to believe it was more then just about money IMO. Grunwald did a great job finding bargains but he dropped the ball with Lin or our owner had something to do with it.

No doubt in my mind if Lin was still here in NY under J.kidd's watch he would be balling. So far the Rockets haven't figured out how to use him.
    Last edited by Blitzace137; 11-16-2012 at 12:06 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    This isn't a race card, he's absolutely right. Growing up in england, you come to america and it's so obvious that racism is deepley engrained in the hearts and minds of the people. You can't even realize it or comprehend it because it's all you know and it would take moving outside of the usa to realize it.

Not to say that everybody here is racist, but racism is a huge part of every day life. I'm white, but the things i hear other white people say when they think no minorities are listening are disturbing and disgusting.

I heard a guy the other day say "it smells like (n-word's) in here" and nobody even reacted. I said, what the hell is that supposed to mean, and he said "you don't know what n-word's smell like?"

and there were about 5 or 6 other white guys around that were like "...yeah seriously..."

it's racism against blacks, asians, latinos, middle easterns, and pretty much anybody who isn't white... Deep down it's like a lot of american's honestly think they are smarter or better than other races. It's pretty sickening, but i blame the years and years of cultural segregation, and values passed down from generation to generation.

Old habits die hard.

My best friend growing up and i were in his dad's car and we drove passed a black guy in his neighborhood and he said "great now my house went down in value becuase we have n-words in the neighborhood."

i'm not friends with the guys anymore.

I have so many great american friends that are not like that at all, but it's crazy how many people think like that. I worked at a gas station for 3 years in high school and you hear a lot of crap... So many racists out there.

I know a lot of people will say crap like "you don't like america, go back to england' and stuff like that, but i love this love country and love my american friends and my american girlfiend. I just wish there was less racism in all parts of life, especially sports where people don't even realize how prevelant it is.

Cue the violin right?

But seriously, in all honesty, i was overwealmed by not only the racism in the country, but the denial and lack of recognition of blatant racism. I don't fully understand it like lin, but no doubt it's there.

Just don't understand how people can brush it off like "oh he's playing the race card"

go to college or read a book or something.
    It's embedded in some people so much that they don't even realize it. I've had countless number of college classes that brought this issue up. It's very true racism exist in our everyday lives some people just don't realize it. Good post.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast