Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 003 View Post
    Hilarious....affirmative action IS minorities using the race card. When white people complain about it it is because it is a legitimate argument. Why should minorities get into a school over white people because of affirmative action? We are all equal right?
    There was a time when affirmative action was absolutely needed.

But that time is long past, in my opinion.

Content of character, not color of skin.

Hopelessly Devoted

vCash
    [/B]

Hilarious....affirmative action IS minorities using the race card. When white people complain about it it is because it is a legitimate argument. Why should minorities get into a school over white people because of affirmative action? We are all equal right?
    If u believe that still is the case then that's sad.. Racism is alive n well bud

Standing on Sacred Ground

When the season starts and the blatant homerism subsides, people will realize the 2 biggest flaws on our team. MAYBE??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jimm120 View Post
    I'm sorry, but according to reports, usual time tables, and even drastic time tables, he could have played since last May.

I like Lin. Even if he went and re-negotiated that contract and all, It was all good for me. But Lin talking about Injury still...just wrong. He was supposed to be 100% healed by early May. He had June, July, August, September, October, and now November to heal.....and you come out "he was never cleared to play". Those were EXTRA MONTHS of healing. Remember, he was out for 2 months during the season too, which was the normal time frame for healing. so, 8 months of healing for a 2 month recovery process.

He shouldn't be blaming it.
    I was talking about the Heat game in the playoffs he was never medically cleared to play not talking about this season? You should have read it more clearly before you responded. Lin is healed he never complained about his knees since the start of the season? HE's just being used as a spot up shooter thus far IMO that's why he's not the same Lin from last year. I've watched just about every Rocket game, Lin's knees are fine it's how the Rockets are using him.

For the Record your never truly a 100% after any knee surgery it takes time about a whole year is what I heard from people who had knee surgery. He's probably 85-90% though.
    Last edited by Blitzace137; 11-16-2012 at 02:57 PM.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    People are way too sensitive, and its a fact asians have smaller dicks. Is it racist if its true?
    http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/333932
    Well, I am certainly below average for my background, even when it's not cold. I would feel like a champ if I was from North Korea though, with my specifications.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    There is alot of racism in sports and in the world in general.

Sad that some people can't understand that underneath our skin everyone is just human and everyone was once an innocent child with no preconceptions about anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    I'm not sure I believe him, but people in America are a lot more open to making racist comments toward Asian people than any other race.

Case in Point:
    Settle down, I was just quoting south park.

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post
    Settle down, I was just quoting south park.
    You mean you're a closet racist who would do these things on the internet but wouldn't have the balls to do to someone's face?

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

vCash
    [/B]

We are equal, but we all dont start at the same starting point. Think of social inequality as a marathon and birth is the starting point. A majority of whites often have an advantage with a head start because they are born into circumstances where their families are not living in poverty, have adequate resources, attend schools that are properly funded with competent teachers.

Now picture most people of color who are born into circumstances of poverty, attend underfunded schools, have single/non-traditional families, etc.

Affirmative action is an assessment tool where the person's entire background, including race, is reviewed because of social inequality.

!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heyman321 View Post
    You mean you're a closet racist who would do these things on the internet but wouldn't have the balls to do to someone's face?
    ...wtf

Dude I'm Brazilian. Stf.u about callin me a closet racist.
    Dumbaz.

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    I have no room to be racist when I'm not even white lol

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    ...wtf

Dude I'm Brazilian. Stf.u about callin me a closet racist.
    Dumbaz.
    I have no room to be racist when I'm not even white lol
    So being Brasilian exempts you from being racist?!?! LOL. Newflash dude, not only white people have the ability to be racist. Whites, blacks, Hispanics, Chinese, Germans, etc can all be racist.

You proved yourself to be the only idiot in this thread to use the "broken English" stereotype, despite the fact that we all know Jeremy Lin was born and raised in California and speaks perfect English. And judging by your posts, you seem to be stuck at 4th grade English.

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

vCash
    calm down guys. i think the title of this thread is misleading and that the quote was taken out of context or missunderstood. he isnt saying he is being criticized for how he has been playing due to race; he has played poorly and he knows it.

instead i think he is talking about how asian americans are judged/prejudged as basketball players or as athletes as a whole. the line right before said he had to justify his herritage. if you continue to read the article he goes into explaining it with the following:

"I've always been a target," Lin says. "Everyone looks me and says, 'I'm not going to let that Asian kid embarrass me. I'm going to go at him.' That's how it's been my whole life. This has been different, though. Now, I was on the scouting report. People started to pay attention to what I could and couldn't do.

"But a target? I was used to that. I'm not saying I get everyone's best shot, but I would say people don't want to be embarrassed by me because of my skin color."

we've seen some of that by the what rondo and deron williams have said or acted towards lin too.

a lot of my asian friends have had the same experience. when they step on the court, no one thinks they can play and other guys try to show them up or mess around.

vCash
    -_-

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    I was at the game where he broke out and there was a while row of asians with white tee shirts with jermey Lin written letter by letter, it was hilarious ... It's ridiculous for him to even say that he got that contract cus he was Asian he isn't even that good he's extremely sloppy .and that air ball was the best thing I've seen all year

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heyman321 View Post
    So being Brasilian exempts you from being racist?!?! LOL. Newflash dude, not only white people have the ability to be racist. Whites, blacks, Hispanics, Chinese, Germans, etc can all be racist.

You proved yourself to be the only idiot in this thread to use the "broken English" stereotype, despite the fact that we all know Jeremy Lin was born and raised in California and speaks perfect English. And judging by your posts, you seem to be stuck at 4th grade English.
    Idk what's more idiotic, a person trying to dictate whether another person is racist when the person clearly stated he isn't, or that same person trying to talk about grammar on a website when I'm typing from a phone?

Honestly, answer the question. Im clearly saying I'm not a racist and yet you're acting like a delusional illiterate chit, and saying that I am lol!!

And since you wanna talk about education, what exactly do you do? I'm a Pre med student buddy.

I sincerely quote south park and you get so defensive over it. Lol idiot.

LETS GO HEAT

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast