Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jeremy lin says: People critizes him because of his race

"I honestly feel it's part of the underlying issue of race in American society … of being an Asian-American.
    "I haven't figured it out. I haven't wrapped my head around it. But it's something I'm thinking about." - lin

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--af...-14461809.html

do u agree or disagree?

i personally disagree and feel its a weak attempt at yet another excuse from lin. him being asian is the main reason he even got popular
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    Westbrook is like a younger version of A.I. mixed w/ 23 yr. old Kobe.
    WELCOME TO PSD

vCash
    hmm.. WHY IS IT THAT WHENEVER US CHINESE PEOPRE BUIRD CITY WARR, MONGORIANS BREAK IT?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVCor_HJJSE

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Oh stop Jeremy, Houston showed you love in the form of $20mil+. Who cares what people feel, show them that you deserve that contract, and people will start respecting you.

Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    I honestly dont think Knicks are good but thats me, maybe thats cause I dont watch them they are boring to me and Nets already beat them.
    Classic DMF.....

Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    We have our foot on the Bulls throats with a gun pointed between their eyes. Now we are about to pull the trigger.
    Classic wavey......

vCash
    This thread is an overreaction and will undoubtedly lead to 100 posts of people ripping the kid. Regardless of what he said, people in New York completely turned on him overnight and he has a right to feel a tad offended by how quickly his fans turned on him.

Do I necessarily think his race is the reason people were so critical of him after he left New York? No. But it also isn't far fetched to think that if his race made him an instant star that it could also lead him to be instantly criticized when something goes wrong.

vCash
    Oooh, Jeremy, you cray cray.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    The NBA media whored the **** out of him.

vCash
    Another black guy playing the race card. . . . . Oh wait he ain't black? Other minorities complain about stuff like this too? Who would have known.

Honestly though, most of the lin criticism comes from people, and he himself, thinking he is better than he is. He over-performed during the linsanity stretch of games last year and is being held to standard he probably won't reach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Race? Please, earn your contract kid. It has not nothing to do with race, just a pathetic excuse on his part due to how bad he has been playing. Being asian is one of the biggest reasons why he is known today, people embraced him, so he needs to man up.

vCash
    People criticize him because he sucks balls.

vCash
    everybody can use race as an excuse but white people apparently
    @paulpierce34 I told Wade I will **** his mom like how my man D. West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected
    Ignore List:
    AIMelo=KillaDUO; Reason: Makes up stories to protect the one he beats his meat to everynight(Melo)
    Chucky Woods; Reason: Packer Homer that just talks outta his Azz
    HaruSoul; Reason: Sanchez homer can't see that he is a POS qb
    Hustlenomics; Reason: Good luck debating with this Ronda homer
    nickdymez; Reason: Kobe/Laker homer but didn't even know how the Lakers got Kobe

vCash
    Too early to turn to the race card. That is really not a good idea. Has he possibly considered that right now he just isn't playing well. How about you just work harder and turn it around. I don't like when guys pull this stuff out. You were insanely popular had a crazy highly publicized run and departure for big money so naysayers are going to celebrate your failures you need to be able to turn those into successes and shut them up. Not talk about the underlying racial issues in society - just perform.

vCash
    Whatever, he also got all overhyped and a lot of money because he is Asian-American.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Another black guy playing the race card. . . . . Oh wait he ain't black? Other minorities complain about stuff like this too? Who would have known.

Honestly though, most of the lin criticism comes from people, and he himself, thinking he is better than he is. He over-performed during the linsanity stretch of games last year and is being held to standard he probably won't reach.
    Quote Originally Posted by JiffyMix88 View Post
    everybody can use race as an excuse but white people apparently

White people use the race card all the time.

"OMG, WE CAN'T GET INTO COLLEGES BECAUSE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION." sure, there are legitimate cases of this but you are pulling a race card.

vCash
    A gigantic part of the Linsanity craze stemmed from the fact that he was Asian. I dont think anyone would dispute that. If he were black, it would be a cool story, but it would not be "Linsanity."
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    White people use the race card all the time.

"OMG, WE CAN'T GET INTO COLLEGES BECAUSE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION." sure, there are legitimate cases of this but you are pulling a race card.
    I find the people that use race as an excuse are usually the ones that use it to judge others as well. Level-headed people can see that racism definitely exists in a million forms but looking at things objectively usually helps one avoid the pitfalls.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast