Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    He's on my ignore list. Sucks u can't do the same,
    Greatest psd feature.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

vCash
    I think we need young to mid age players in baseball standards to compete with guys like Nunez, Gardner, Nix. Maybe that will push those guys along cause I just don't see them getting any better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidd>>>K-Mart View Post
    I think we need young to mid age players in baseball standards to compete with guys like Nunez, Gardner, Nix. Maybe that will push those guys along cause I just don't see them getting any better.
    With regular playing time I could see Nunez getting better with the glove.

vCash
    it is early and i dont think we will we wont do anything big just resign mo,kuroda and and find a new rf and get some bench players who can be a spark and we were al east champs and dwon 95 games no need to blow it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    With regular playing time I could see Nunez getting better with the glove.
    I've got the feeling this is the year they trade him..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    What Cashman needs to do is trade for another Michael Pineda. That would preclude him having to spend any money.

Very sad, but very true, my friend.
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 11-16-2012 at 02:04 AM.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    yankees will sign everyone
    This post took lots of brain power.

Im joshin

Dodger's fan talking to a bitter Red Sox fan after "the" trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    Look at the bright side, your great, great, great grandkids will get to see a boston world series in another hundred years.

vCash
    7Chuck7 is the greatest poster on PSD. Like...omg.

vCash
    I really hope Kuroda re-signs or else we're kinda screwed. I want Ichiro back too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    7Chuck7 is the greatest poster on PSD. Like...omg.
    Exactly. You have been behaving, so for the time being I have taken you off my ignore list. Now if you can keep from getting banned maybe we can find time to discuss Yankee related issues.

Like...omg.
    "Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    The problem is the team has limited options to fill those holes considering they don't want to spend any money or give out longer than 1 year deals.

Its basically get Kuroda, Pettitte, Ichiro or go to scrap heap signings and unnecessary trades because the team doesn't want to spend money.

Maybe I'm being overly negative but I think if Kuroda leaves this team is in a very bad situation. And its kind of worrisome when your team has a 190M payroll and needs to rely so heavily on a 38 year old and 40 year old starter to anchor your rotation.
    Which again goes back to Cashman.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash

1965?

This looks like it is turning into 1965 again. Are we sure it is not the return of Johnny Keane and CBS ownership?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7chuck7 View Post
    Exactly. You have been behaving, so for the time being I have taken you off my ignore list. Now if you can keep from getting banned maybe we can find time to discuss Yankee related issues.

Like...omg.
    In reality, you make me want to murder a kitten. So put me back on your ignore list. K thanks.

vCash
    Cash is not the issue, it was the Sons of George. They (Hank) pushed to sign ARod not Cash. Now that Hal is in charge they want to save money and make this a business. That is great, but it will take 4-5 years to clean up this mess. I honestly think that they will hold out from doing anything too crazy until then as in the next 4-5 years you will see guys like Stanton, Trout, Harper and anyone else that has not signed an extension available. We will have a clean slate at that point. Looking at our Minor League players, they are good, but not great. I see us trading them for whatever middle of the rotation guys we can get. The only one that seems like a star in the making is Sanchez. I could also see us trading Grandy. That would be a good move for us. Oh to have A. Jackson back . I wish they could move Tex, but he will not waive the no trade clause. I would love us to offer a package for some stud like Stanton on a team that is going nowhere. We could give up the whole farm for him, but I doubt this will happen.

BEST COACH IN THE NBA!!! He so Smart and Funny!

vCash
    Trading the farm for middle of the rotation starters is the worst possible move IMO.

There's been a lot of moves that could have been done before this point that would have set the team up much better so I don't let Cashman off the hook completely. I've always been a Cashman supporter but the more time goes by you really see a lot of flaws with him.

The whole budget thing is ridiculous for me because of the near sunken costs we already have in A-Rod and Tex for the next however many years. 189M should be easy to build a dominant team, but not when you are locked into 70M worth of 3 contracts for the foreseeable future. Especially when two are paid to be middle of the order bats and both are rapidly declining at the rate they are.

I'm all for lowering the payroll. This team should be able to compete with a lower payroll. And I know some of it has to do with the CBA but the timing is really terrible. When you have no major league ready young talent and an extremely aging major league team its not really the time to stop investing in talent. Especially when it seems like every other team is willing to spend more for some reason. And I'm not talking about mega deals to 30+ year olds, I'm talking about possibly having invested some money in some of the young guys that have been coming over internationally, and that have mostly all had an impact.

As for the timing of the budget restrictions, I'm sure the final straw was the new taxes in the CBA but I think it was only a matter of time anyway before the brothers started spending less. The CBA was just a convenient situation for them to have an "excuse" to start cutting back now. Maybe it forced them to cut back a little earlier than expected.

Again though, people will probably read this and say the tired "sign everyone!" line but thats not what I'm advocating at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast