Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Cashman may do nothing this off-season.

Something gives me the feeling that the Yankees are not going to do anything of note this winter. I think Cashman is going to give us the, 'We almost made it even with injuries' type speech.

We may pick up a few players from the MLB trash heap when the good ones are gone. Who is to say he is wrong? Maybe we will still win. We do have a very good team on paper, at least for now, but alot has to happen to keep it that way. Much of that is Jeter, Mo and Andy all being healthy and perfroming up to par.

Go Yankees!!!
    Last edited by 7chuck7; 11-15-2012 at 10:05 AM.
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    yankees will sign everyone
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    God, I really have no read on this. I could see so many things happening, essentially nothing as you say, he could shock us all like he did last year, he could look to retool a bit and get younger.

My opinion is, he will consider and assess each of those possibilities and the direction will depend on what he feels is the best given the market.

Stay tuned!
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    I don't think he'll do nothing, because they have to deal with Kuroda, Pettitte and Mo. If one of those guys doesn't come back, he'll have to get someone.

Also, with Swisher gone and Ichiro a FA, he has to find a RF replacement.

vCash
    As long as we don't make the mistake of giving a past prime player a ridiculous multi-year contract we'll be ok...we're a playoff team as of right now tbh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    I don't think he'll do nothing, because they have to deal with Kuroda, Pettitte and Mo. If one of those guys doesn't come back, he'll have to get someone.

Also, with Swisher gone and Ichiro a FA, he has to find a RF replacement.
    I view signing Ichiro for RF as "nothing", but I also view that as a good move.

One of Pettitte and Kuroda gets is probably fine, with Phelps slotting in and Pineda returning in June.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Laying Low View Post
    I view signing Ichiro for RF as "nothing", but I also view that as a good move.

One of Pettitte and Kuroda gets is probably fine, with Phelps slotting in and Pineda returning in June.
    the aren't counting on pineda
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I think its almost a guarantee he does "nothing" and basically tries to sign guys we had last year (Kuroda, Pettitte, Ichiro). Its crazy because I have no idea what Cashman will do if those three go elsewhere.

The biggest thing we should be worrying about is what potential terrible trade the team will pull off if Kuroda and Pettitte both go elsewhere. Williams, Austin, Sanchez and Heathcott are getting close to the upper levels of the minors and will therefore most likely get traded at some point soon.

vCash
    Everyone go to Yankees.com.....look at the roster.

Now, say to yourself very slowly..."Come April, this roster will look different."

It's November, the WS just ended a few weeks ago, we have holes in our team that need to be filled, stfu, and Yankees fans are the most spoiled and impatient people on the face of the earth.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees
    63-61

G: 111 | AVG: .269 | HR: 3| RBI: 32| OBP: .319 | SLG: .322 | wOBA: .290 | wRC: 80

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post
    Everyone go to Yankees.com.....look at the roster.

Now, say to yourself very slowly..."Come April, this roster will look different."

It's November, the WS just ended a few weeks ago, we have holes in our team that need to be filled, stfu, and Yankees fans are the most spoiled and impatient people on the face of the earth.
    The problem is the team has limited options to fill those holes considering they don't want to spend any money or give out longer than 1 year deals.

Its basically get Kuroda, Pettitte, Ichiro or go to scrap heap signings and unnecessary trades because the team doesn't want to spend money.

Maybe I'm being overly negative but I think if Kuroda leaves this team is in a very bad situation. And its kind of worrisome when your team has a 190M payroll and needs to rely so heavily on a 38 year old and 40 year old starter to anchor your rotation.
    Last edited by TallicaFan87; 11-15-2012 at 02:58 PM.

vCash
    Can you wait t'll the Winter Meetings are over ? Jeez ... It's early.

vCash
    WE STILL HAVE TO PAY A-FRAUD 114 Million (for the next five years) & A. J. Burnett 10 MILLION 2013 year. THE YANKEES HAVE No money left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYBALL View Post
    WE STILL HAVE TO PAY A-FRAUD 114 Million (for the next five years) & A. J. Burnett 10 MILLION 2013 year. THE YANKEES HAVE No money left.
    Yup, we get it, you don't like ARod.

vCash
    What Cashman needs to do is trade for another Michael Pineda. That would preclude him having to spend any money.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Yup, we get it, you don't like ARod.
    He's on my ignore list. Sucks u can't do the same,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast