Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    From Cavs the Blog:

Anderson Varejao is a monster, 20 points, 18 boards. The fifth straight 15+ rebound game in a row for Andy. He was on fire in the 3rd quarter, when he hit a flurry of mid-range jumpers on his way to 14 in the quarter. Without Wild Thing, the Cavs would have lost this game by 30. At the beginning of the season, I was all for trading Andy. But he’s played himself out of trade talks. There’s nothing of equal value that we could get in return.

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em

vCash
    So this is a legit Varejao or will he cool off soon?

vCash
    I think he's playing a little over his head but not too much. His jumper looks a lot better and it's not like we're designing plays for him. He's finishing off his offensive rebounds at a much better rate than in the past and is able to find holes in the defense around the paint for easy buckets. He's turned himself into one helluva player.

vCash
    Saw this from the Hollinger chat:

mike (cleveland)

Andy Varejao is tearing it up! Any chance the rebuilding Cavs are shopping him? OKC seems to be a good destination with assets of Lamb, Jones III, Toronto pick.

John Hollinger (3:13 PM)

It's not clear to me what Cleveland's plan is with Andy V., and how his phenomenal play so far might affect it. I'd be tempted to sell high if I were them -- he's an older player, he gets injured a lot, and this is the highest his trade value will ever be. But forget about OKC as a destination -- they can't take on the money.

vCash
    they would need to find a 3rd team to take perkins. can't see Cavs taking on that bad contract although i think they will need to find another big if they trade AV.

vCash
    Charles Barkley loves him some Anderson Varejao

Sorry if you saw this elsewhere, I recorded Spurs/Heat tonight and just catching up. Sir Charles is doing color commentary, which is a treat in itself. Barkely on Varejao:

"If Anderson Varejao, Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol aren't on the All-Star team, it's a farce. Anderson Varejao has been the best forward in the Eastern Conference this year -- I mean of the mere mortals. I don't count LeBron. He's one of those aliens. But out of the normal human beings, Anderson Varejao has been the best forward in the Eastern Conference this year."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Charles Barkley loves him some Anderson Varejao

Sorry if you saw this elsewhere, I recorded Spurs/Heat tonight and just catching up. Sir Charles is doing color commentary, which is a treat in itself. Barkely on Varejao:

"If Anderson Varejao, Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol aren't on the All-Star team, it's a farce. Anderson Varejao has been the best forward in the Eastern Conference this year -- I mean of the mere mortals. I don't count LeBron. He's one of those aliens. But out of the normal human beings, Anderson Varejao has been the best forward in the Eastern Conference this year."
    I couldn't help but read this comment out loud and do my best at a Chuck Bark voice, TERRIBLE.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    i couldn't help but read this comment out loud and do my best at a chuck bark voice, terrible.
    *turrible

vCash
    AV with 20 pts and 18 rbs tonight.

vCash
    Varejao was fantastic again with 20 points and 18 rebounds, his seventh consecutive double-double. He has recorded at least 10 points, 15 rebounds and five offensive rebounds in every game during the streak, a feat that hasn’t been done since Moses Malone, according to ESPN Stats.

vCash
    As a thunder fan I would love to have Varejao, I don't know if I would want to part with the Toronto pick to get him. He should definitely be the starter for the Eastern Conference All star team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LJEATON26 View Post
    As a thunder fan I would love to have Varejao, I don't know if I would want to part with the Toronto pick to get him. He should definitely be the starter for the Eastern Conference All star team.
    You would probably have to at this point. If I was the Thunder GM I would wait and see if Andy sustains his rampage and stays healthy then make a decision. If he keeps this going it will probably take that Toronto pick and maybe Lamb, and some player making equal $ to make the deal. I don't know how the Cavs could trade him right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    You would probably have to at this point. If I was the Thunder GM I would wait and see if Andy sustains his rampage and stays healthy then make a decision. If he keeps this going it will probably take that Toronto pick and maybe Lamb, and some player making equal $ to make the deal. I don't know how the Cavs could trade him right now.
    The only way the Thunder could trade for him is if you take Kendrick Perkins 3 year contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LJEATON26 View Post
    The only way the Thunder could trade for him is if you take Kendrick Perkins 3 year contract.
    That could make it work. I have no interest in Perkins but if OKC was willing to give up Lamb, Toronto's 1st, they're 2014 1st, PJ3, and Perkins awful contract for AV I'd probably take it.

vCash
    Bucks give

Dalembert (expiring contract)
    Tobias Harris- Young, promising SF
    2013 first rounder
    2014 2nd rounder

How about that package? Harris is a very nice offensive player who is the same age as Irving. He won't be a stud, but he's an efficient scorer and also effective in transition.

I think that's a better package than OKC can offer, because they don't have the expiring deal, and Harris is a better prospect than Perry Jones.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast