Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lilchuckdoubles View Post
    late in the off season there were rumors that the wolves would trade williams and ridnour for varejao. it seemed like some of ya'll were excited about the rumor. in hindsight are you guys happy the trade didn't happen or could the trade still possibly be on the table?
    Yes because Williams looks like a bust. But he could improve it's only his second season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lilchuckdoubles View Post
    late in the off season there were rumors that the wolves would trade williams and ridnour for varejao. it seemed like some of ya'll were excited about the rumor. in hindsight are you guys happy the trade didn't happen or could the trade still possibly be on the table?
    That was a rumor created by a blogger. If it was a legitimate rumor I would not have wanted it to happen because DWill is still confused on where he needs to play in the NBA. He is a tweener that IMO will be nothing more than a spark at times off the bench when he can take advantage of a good matchup.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    The biggest question that the FO faces when thinking of wether or not to trade Andy is always going to be, "Are we ready to contend in a year or two when Andy will be a key contributor or do we need to continue to gain assests for the run we will make in 3-4 years when Andy will more than likely be past his prime and past his contract"?

I have stated multiple times that if he continues the trend he is on right now and stays healthy this year then you trade him at the deadline or at the very latest during the offseason next year when they will have more teams trying to make a move. The reason I say this is because I think its playing with fools gold where I do not believe this team is really going to start competing until 2014-2015. People might disagree with that but you look at this roster right now with the lack of depth, lack of defense (this takes multiple years), lack of experience in the core players building with and you are still multiple pieces away from contending. Not getting a 6-8 seed each year and being out of the playoffs in the first round but really contending. This team needs to be built correctly through the draft and key small time additions in FA as I don't see most big name FA's still coming here. You can all say they will because they want to play with KI, etc. etc., but we hear the same thing every year for the past 10 years in all Cleveland teams and there still are not big FA's that want to come here. You can say they have all this cap space but I believe they are keeping that cap space until the time they can extend their building blocks on the team. They are going to build the core of this team through the draft and not FA's.

I think if you could find a team that is around the 6-8 range this year at the deadline or a team that believes they can contend in the next 2 years that are looking for a guy like Andy then you try obtaining a young player with a high upside and multiple draft picks. Someone like Utah, Phoenix, Milwaulkee, Atlanta, etc.

I'm not saying just trade Andy just to trade Andy. They will need to get a certain return for him but if they do get the return they are looking then there is no reason to keep him. I love the guys play since he started as just Sideshow Bob and his development but come time when this team is going to really compete I think he is going to be past his prime and just another bench player.

Btw with all the bigs that will probably be in the draft next year (Noel, Zeller, Steven Adams, Isaiah Austin (Keep an eye on this Baylor product, Rudy Gobert, Alex Lin, and Withey) they should be able to find someone with one of the three (if they obtain a 1st rounder for Andy to go with theirs and Miama/LAL pick, have not faith in the Kings) 1st round draft picks that they would have to go with a SF and possibly backup PG to continue to build the main core of the team.
    I think the problem is that they won't get equal value. I wouldn't be willing to trade Andy for anything less than a lotto pick. But you won't get that, so why risk the chance of drafting another Hickson, or Luke Jackson? Plus it's not like AV wants to play somewhere else.

vCash
    As a Thunder fan I would love to have him. Would you guys take Perkins, Perry Jones 3 and a first round pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LJEATON26 View Post
    As a Thunder fan I would love to have him. Would you guys take Perkins, Perry Jones 3 and a first round pick.
    So basically AV for some trash and a late 1st? No thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    So basically AV for some trash and a late 1st? No thanks!
    Unless its the Raptors pick they obtained. I would take PJ3, Reggie Jackson and the Raptors pick which I believe is only top 3 protected.

vCash
    Andy really shining. It's hard to imagine Andy without less than 15 rebounds per game. He's everywhere. If he keeps this up I really cannot see trading him for unknowns.

vCash
    IDK how he does it, he's always in great position. So many offensive boards and put backs as well. On top of that he was extending his range and looked comfortable (other than the 3 pt shot clock beater). PLEASE DONT TRADE AV

vCash
    @Probballdraft: Overwhelming number of tweets about Varejao. Cavs can ask for a young prospect & picks. That's a fair deal. Who matches best? OKC & Den.

vCash
    I'd rather deal with Denver over OKC.

Andy for Kenneth Faried and a 1st (Denver) or Andy for Lamb and a first (OKC). Both first rounders won't be lotto picks but have a feeling Denver's will be better pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    I'd rather deal with Denver over OKC.

Andy for Kenneth Faried and a 1st (Denver) or Andy for Lamb and a first (OKC). Both first rounders won't be lotto picks but have a feeling Denver's will be better pick.
    OKC has Torontos first rounder though that most likely will be a lotto pick. I believe it is only top 3 protected too though I could be wrong about that.

The question the FO like I keep saying will have to ask themselves is if Andy will be doing this in 2-3 years when the team is legitemately ready to compete. I understand that all the fans do not want to trade him right now but the FO isn't thinking about right now at least in the sense that they are going to the playoffs and are trying for a championship but instead in 2-3 years which is their plan to start doing those things how much value will Andy have for them.

I understand everyones comments about trading him for unkown but you can also think that same way with Andy in 2-3 years as an unkown as with his injury history you won't know if he will be healthy, if by that time due to the way he plays if he is still going to be doing what he is doing right now. Everybody has this now attitude but you have to think of 2-3 years from now IMO and not just now with this team and I think it will be very tough for the FO to figure out which way they want to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    OKC has Torontos first rounder though that most likely will be a lotto pick. I believe it is only top 3 protected too though I could be wrong about that.

The question the FO like I keep saying will have to ask themselves is if Andy will be doing this in 2-3 years when the team is legitemately ready to compete. I understand that all the fans do not want to trade him right now but the FO isn't thinking about right now at least in the sense that they are going to the playoffs and are trying for a championship but instead in 2-3 years which is their plan to start doing those things how much value will Andy have for them.

I understand everyones comments about trading him for unkown but you can also think that same way with Andy in 2-3 years as an unkown as with his injury history you won't know if he will be healthy, if by that time due to the way he plays if he is still going to be doing what he is doing right now. Everybody has this now attitude but you have to think of 2-3 years from now IMO and not just now with this team and I think it will be very tough for the FO to figure out which way they want to go.
    Andy is bringing up his trade value that`s for sure. At this rate he is a sure-fire all-star this season then we can trade him

vCash
    Another double double at half for Andy.

vCash
    Andy was hitting those mid range shots at will last night!

vCash
    His trade value just keeps going up

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast