Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    The Anderson Varejao trade talk will heat up again, especially with the incredible Cavalier leading the NBA in rebounding -- by far -- at 14.7 per game. And he's averaging 14.9 points, without the Cavs running a play for him. Varejao is shooting a career-high 78 percent from the foul line, and making 15-footers regularly in the flow of the game. Cleveland Plain Dealer

In the past, there has been a lot of trade talk about Varejao, but the Cavs never were real close to trading their 6-10 veteran. Their price has always been high -- something like a lottery pick and perhaps other young players. The teams that treasure Varejao's skills are contenders with low draft picks. That has not created suitable trading partners. Cleveland Plain Dealer

Is it possible they will trade Varejao? Of course. But they love how Varejao plays. They love that he's never asked to be traded, and seems to enjoy playing here. They love how the fans react to him. And they love his contract, very reasonable in terms of how NBA big men are paid: $8.4 million this season, $9 million in 2013-14, $9.7 million ($2.5 million guaranteed) in 2014-15. Cleveland Plain Dealer
    http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thornga2 View Post
    Bucks give

Dalembert (expiring contract)
    Tobias Harris- Young, promising SF
    2013 first rounder
    2014 2nd rounder

How about that package? Harris is a very nice offensive player who is the same age as Irving. He won't be a stud, but he's an efficient scorer and also effective in transition.

I think that's a better package than OKC can offer, because they don't have the expiring deal, and Harris is a better prospect than Perry Jones.
    Not a big fan of that package. The 1st rounder is not likely going to be in the lottery and I'm not that high on Harris. He's good, but not good enough to make me want to give up Varejao. I also think Perry Jones has a higher ceiling than him but I'll agree he has a lower floor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thornga2 View Post
    Bucks give

Dalembert (expiring contract)
    Tobias Harris- Young, promising SF
    2013 first rounder
    2014 2nd rounder

How about that package? Harris is a very nice offensive player who is the same age as Irving. He won't be a stud, but he's an efficient scorer and also effective in transition.

I think that's a better package than OKC can offer, because they don't have the expiring deal, and Harris is a better prospect than Perry Jones.
    This is why the Cavs won't trade him. This package (no offense) stinks.

vCash
    “@HammerNation19: Windy @WindhorstESPN says he believes that the way Andy is playing now has changed their mind about whether to trade him at the deadline...”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    @HammerNation19: Windy @WindhorstESPN says he believes that the way Andy is playing now has changed their mind about whether to trade him at the deadline...
    I think they will end up keeping him past the deadline if he can continue his play and stay healthy just because he will be too valuable to the team at that point and the main reason will be because I see them moving him in the offseason when more teams will be in on him rather than just the teams competing at the deadline or trying to find a missing piece for their playoff run. Will be a lot of suitors in the offseason when contracts start falling off the books and more teams can get involved. Hopefully he can maintain his play this year and his health as if he does that then the Cavs can even put All-Star on AV's resume during trade talks.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    AV, Kyrie, Dion, TT....add a couple of impact free agents (SF and PF allowing Thompson to go to the bench) and we are competing for one of the top 4 seeds in the playoffs. Keep Boobie, Gee, Zeller, and maybe Pargo on the bench...combined with a top 10 pick from this year's draft???

Does this change the thought process on trading him? Keep a known commodity/rebounding machine, add another top 10 (hopefully top 5) talent from this year's draft (not to mention the possibility of having 4 total first rounders this year), you have one of the up and coming point guards in the league, you have a young shooter in Waiters...how would that not persuade an upper echelon free agent (or two) to join the fray???

Trading Andy would be a mistake!

vCash
    I would trade AV only for a lotto pick and a and young talent. While I love AV to death, and realize how valuable he is we can not pass up the possibility of having two lotto picks. I can't see us walking away from the deal with the Thunder. We can easily walk away with our starting SF and C from this draft, have a nice SG coming off the bench, and an intriguing prospect to develop at SF.

2013 Hypothetical (Sorry I couldn't help myself, and I know it's to early to tell how the picks will go)
    Irving/Pargo/Craft
    Waiters/Lamb/Boobie
    Muhammad/Gee/Jones/Miles
    Thompson/Samuels/Jones
    Zeller/Zeller
    Last edited by ClevelandFan11; 12-04-2012 at 10:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    I would trade AV only for a lotto pick and a and young talent. While I love AV to death, and realize how valuable he is we can not pass up the possibility of having two lotto picks. I can't see us walking away from the deal with the Thunder. We can easily walk away with our starting SF and C from this draft, have a nice SG coming off the bench, and an intriguing prospect to develop at SF.

2013 Hypothetical (Sorry I couldn't help myself, and I know it's to early to tell how the picks will go)
    Irving/Pargo/Craft
    Waiters/Lamb/Boobie
    Muhammad/Gee/Jones/Miles
    Thompson/Samuels/Jones
    Zeller/Zeller
    I think it's highly unlikely that the Cavs would end up with the first 2 overall lotto picks in Muhammad, and Zeller. Plus somehow you'll get Lamb too.

vCash
    I think it's highly unlikely that the Cavs would end up with the first 2 overall lotto picks in Muhammad, and Zeller. Plus somehow you'll get Lamb too.
    We would get Lamb, Jones, Perkins, and Toronto's 1st (outside of top 3) from thunder.

Combine that with our own pick. And best case scenario we could have #1 and #4. The 4 players as of right now are Zeller, Noel,McLemore, and Muhammad. Again I said it was a hypothetical draft.

vCash
    The Cavaliers are gauging interest in center Anderson Varejao, whom I'm told the Timberwolves like a lot. He's signed through 2015 at less than $10 million per season. Before he suffered a one- to two-month elbow/wrist injury earlier in the week, the Raptors were putting out feelers about big man Andrea Bargnani. 1500ESPN.com
    However, team sources maintain that Kahn is not making any calls for now until he sees how point guard Ricky Rubio looks, beginning with his expected season debut on Saturday against Dallas at Target Center. That hasn't stopped Kahn from answering the phone, though. League sources insist both Cleveland and Toronto have reached out in recent weeks. 1500ESPN.com
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Might be getting to the point where they are seeing what they can get with Andy at his highest value right now just incase his production starts dipping which it already has in the past week and a half but I don't think anyone continued to think he was going to be putting up 15 and 15 on a nightly basis. It will probably take a pretty nice young package to obtain him though.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Might be getting to the point where they are seeing what they can get with Andy at his highest value right now just incase his production starts dipping which it already has in the past week and a half but I don't think anyone continued to think he was going to be putting up 15 and 15 on a nightly basis. It will probably take a pretty nice young package to obtain him though.
    Pekovic, Shved, and Williams for AV. I would do it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    We would get Lamb, Jones, Perkins, and Toronto's 1st (outside of top 3) from thunder.

Combine that with our own pick. And best case scenario we could have #1 and #4. The 4 players as of right now are Zeller, Noel,McLemore, and Muhammad. Again I said it was a hypothetical draft.
    I'd love the package but don't see OKC agreeing. At this point the Cavs might get Lamb and a late 1st, or Jones and Toronto's, but not the combo.

vCash
    jONES LAMB TORONTOS PICK U MIGHT HAVE TO EAT PERKINS CONTRACT ID DO IT . MAYBE U CAN FLIP PERKINS NEXT COUPLE YEARS IN A CAP RELIEF MOVE FOR ANOTHER TEAM..... THOUGHTS....

vCash
    Pekovic, Shved, and Williams for AV. I would do it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oqgnKgwDsk

sorry in a youtube mood but yeah, no. you should and will keep varejao.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234