Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

NBA ticket sales in the toilet

As stated in the article there are tickets being sold online for as cheap as 10 cents. Atlanta, Orlando, Memphis, Charlotte, New Orleans, Philly etc. can't give them away....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...7316--nba.html

vCash
    That's because those teams either suck or have fair weather fans like Philly, Memphis, New Orleans and Atlanta.

The NBA will always make their money in tickets through Lakers, Clippers, Heat, Celtics, Knicks, Nets, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Punk View Post
    That's because those teams either suck or have fair weather fans like Philly, Memphis, New Orleans and Atlanta.

The NBA will always make their money in tickets through Lakers, Clippers, Heat, Celtics, Knicks, Nets, etc.
    Did you start watching basketball 3 years ago or something?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    Did you start watching basketball 3 years ago or something?
    More like 1 year ago.

vCash

Ummm, outside of Knicks Fans (who have a giant market in NY), do you think any of these teams would sell out without having star players/good teams?

The Heat, Clippers, and Celtics just started selling out games when they got good. The Nets are new to the BK market so you can't judge them yet and the Lakers have been relevant since the 80s so their never was a reason not to go to games.

If your team has talent, people will go the games. If not, they won't. Few markets go against this logic and the ones you named aren't good examples. Not a very thoughtful analysis of the NBA market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash

i laughed. thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonJaii View Post
    i laughed. thanks.
    It's true.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonJaii View Post
    i laughed. thanks.
    Brooklyn will sell tickets for the next 2 or 3 years.

Past that they will have to win but they will certainly do much better in Brooklyn than they did in New Jersey.

vCash
    That's because the nba has lost its credibility. From the creation of super teams, to b.s. refereeing the league has gone into the toilet.
    LEAFS, CHELSEA FC, RAPTORS, BLUE JAYS, COWBOYS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeleafs View Post
    That's because the nba has lost its credibility. From the creation of super teams, to b.s. refereeing the league has gone into the toilet.
    That's one of the main problems imo.

Apart from the big teams, it gets tedious. I guess you can say that for most sports tbh but teams like Kings, Bobcats will only attract die hard fans.

vCash
    My friends and I last year bought C's tickets against the Pacers in the very last row of nosebleed. $45 each was the cheapest.
    Celts.Pats.Sox.A's.Ajax.Netherlands Soccer Team.

vCash

lol

left nj for a reason
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash

or bcuz Philly is without Bynum...

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    yet knicks ticks are like 80+

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

vCash
    The Clippers and the Nets fan bases have been two of the most pathetic fan bases throughout nba history. Granted, the Clippers fans never had much to cheer for but the Nets couldn't sell out nba finals games in the early 00's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast