0 0%
  • It's both of their faults

6 60.00%
  • We're fine and I'm just hitting the panic button too early

3 30.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's to blame?

vCash
    Who is to blame? I love my man Smart but he refuses to change his line up. I understand he wants his defence to be first in the nba, but it's not working. Boogie and j.t. have to leave the floor early (because of fouls) or they start take jumpers because there is no room to operate; mainly do to j.j. and tyreke's defenders clogging the lane. So the linsplit.e up has to change. I think it was a good concept, but it's time for a change. (Line up change) petrie tried to spend money on the right way, but it hasn't worked out yet. I think it's a bit soon.(unless there's not a line up change) i'ld love to see tyreke and j.j. split on the units.

vCash
    It's a collective failure to consistently score and close out games, we were 2nd in smallest point differential before DeMarcus was suspended and it's because we can't consistently score in a half court setting. We need to play for the name on the front and not the ones on the back and start sharing the ball and stop it with all these ISO's and hero ball. We need better rotations and players who can spread the floor to open up driving and cutting lanes.
    I wish we had drafted Harrison Barnes and finally have a real SF, but we didn't.

I really believe we should start Jimmer because he's actually playing better than our other 2 PG's, he seems to be the only PG who can set up others and is a willing passer. I also think he'll help Tyreke's game and give DeMarcus more room to operate in the paint.

I recommend

Jimmer
    Tyreke
    Salmons or Thornton
    Hayes
    Cousins

This will help open the floor for Tyreke and also adding 2 willing passers in Hayes and Jimmer

Our 2nd unit should be

Isaiah
    Thornton
    Johnson
    T-Rob
    Thompson

by putting Hayes in the starting unit it placing Thompson in the 2nd unit we get better rebounding in the 2nd unit, and we help the 2nd unit score with Thompson and Isaiah, with our defensive stopper in Johnson.

vCash

Who's to blame?

I agree with this^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dukefan View Post
    This is not Smarts fault. Petrie has put together a roster that simply doesn't fit. He bases all of his player acquisitions off of talent alone and doesn't look at whether or not the player he is targeting fits with the roster that he currently has. Picking Trob this past draft is a perfect example. We were resigning JT, we had Hayes and Cousins already, why draft Robinson when someone who plays the same position (Hickson) played terribly here because lack of playing time and personnel. He later went on to Portland and is play good, a lot better then he did here. We have a bunch of iso, ball dominant, me first player. I don't care who the coach is they'd struggle to win games with a team that doesn't pass and has no chemistry on the court.
    While that's partially true, I think a lot of the blame goes to Smart as well. Watching the kings, they just don't play like a team from the X's and O's standpoint, and they don't make any adjustments throughout the game. Smart is a great guy to teach these young players because he connects with them well and they like him, but in terms of a strategic standpoint, Smart and his staff don't have these guys playing systematically or like a team in any way. Now yes, some of that may be due to the fact that these guys don't mesh well together (mainly everybody playing with Evans) but Smart's also gotta do a better job at getting the offense running in some type of system or set or something! Half the time, they don't even get into a set. And whenever they do finally get into an offensive set, there's 10 seconds left on the shot clock. And like I said earlier, they don't make any adjustments from an "X's and O's" standpoint. Strategic-wise, we get outcoached. I do agree though that Petrie didn't do the best job at constructing a team that can play together. However, in the cases of drafting guys like Robinson and Jimmer, it was almost like pick the best player available during the time of the draft. We keep getting screwed from the top picks so we have to settle for a guy like Jimmer or Robinson in the 5-10 range.

vCash
    I blame the Maloofs. They don't want to be in sac and have checked out of being invested in this team and that trickles down

vCash
    Skull, I know the maloofs havn't been on the helping side of the situation, but what do you want from them now? They've let petrie spend up the cap this year, we have all new draft picks, at this point I don't feel it fair to blame them. Coach smart is suppost to change the "vibe" along with lotto picks and at the cap, they've done what they could this season. Or do you just want them to lose their butts on a new area deal here? I don't blame them for that, I just hope it comes together from all angles. This is just my opinion, so feel free to disagree, I won't take it personaly.

vCash
    I blame our PG play, they're playing like garbage and it's ridiculous, the only reason Isaiah is starting is because Smart has a man crush on him. He isn't calling plays like he should and his shot selection is suspect. SO annoyed to see him playing the minutes he gets, he's our Dez Bryant

vCash
    I blame everyone including PSD.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12