Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Get over it!

vCash

Get over it!

Time will tell. If we win a championship then it was the right move and a good hire. If not then the lakers FO screwed it up again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still1ballin View Post
    Time will tell. If we win a championship then it was the right move and a good hire. If not then the lakers FO screwed it up again
    Nah

If we don't win it isn't necessarily a screw up. How we perform in dantonis system is what matters. Making the finals will vindicate jimbacos decision

Time will tell

vCash
    **** Phil those 11 titles were all luck...... Yea I said it. Lol

who cares what van Gundy has to say, how do you have Yao Ming, Tracy McGrady, and Artest on your team and you can't get out the first round? to make matters worse Adleman took that exact same team injuries an all to the second round and took us to 7 games, I don't respect anything the man has to say, because all he does is talk another Skip Bayless

Let's get ready to Shiva!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Alright, I'm over it, thanks for your help.

vCash
    whats really stupid is if phil was never even brought up or mentioned everyone would be saying what a great coach dantoni is and how exciting the lakers are going to be PPL just love to hate on the team that the rest of the league and fans envy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimos21 View Post
    Van Gundy was just pissed no one called him or his brother. That's why he went on that rant during the Clipper game. Tirico just didnt want to disagree with Van Gundy.
    Van Gundy is smart but close minded. Once he gets a thought into that alien looking oversized head of his he latches on to it and never lets go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    Van Gundy is smart but close minded. Once he gets a thought into that alien looking oversized head of his he latches on to it and never lets go.
    Little known fact: JVG's head was used as the mold to make the creature's head in the "Alien" series.
    Source: imdb.com

vCash
    Hiring Phil would have been like getting back with the ex wife again. If any of you guys have an ex wife you know what I'm talking about. At first all it's all great you get married have 3 kids and then you hit a bump in the relationship (i.e.) Getting knocked out of the playoffs in 03. So what do you do??. Go to couples counselling (i.e) Go get some help..GP and Karl...That didn't work out so you go your seperate ways. Only to realize that you really love each other and give it another shot..So Phil comes back and it's still a little rocky to start then the relationship gets great again you have a couple more kids and all is well again. Then you start to question your love for one another you start fighting more and before you know it you're swept out the second round and both sides are done with it...So what do you do then? You get rid of that will remind you of that person...Pictures,clothes,assistant coaches,equipment managers,everything. Then you go and get rebound chick. First thing screaming in yo face and get all excited and things are going pretty well and then boom you realize she is not doing it for you. So you call ex wife because that's all you have really known to be sucessful in your life and you start to talk it ouy and she tells you she has to think about it. She really likes how you've changed, but is not to sure if she can be fully on board. You go on your way and on the way home your buddy calls and says " hey I got this girl I want you to meet and I think you guys will really hit it off" So you go and he is right. She is everything that your looking for. She likes offense..she likes to play uptempo..Even tho your parts don't scream uptempo you figure why not..I know what oatmeal in the morning is already like..How bout trying some ice cream for breakfast

vCash
    Let's just see who D'Antoni will bring in for this team as coaches, and what will happen against the Suns/Rockets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakerMan24 View Post
    Let's just see who D'Antoni will bring in for this team as coaches, and what will happen against the Suns/Rockets.
    He's bringing his brother. That's it. I think he said he plans to leave all the current assistant coaches in tact, and make any changes he desires in the offseason. Probably a smart move, so as to not drastically change the the coaching staff, as they are probably a lot more knowledgeable about the players than D'Antoni is at the moment.

vCash
    Also people fail to realize is Jim ask Kobe about Phil and they follow the plan it didn't work but I guarantee when hosting that ship all y'all going to sackers on dantoni balls another why the hat for Jim he got us Nash Dwight Paul (nixed by the devil) he kept pau didn't have too and we still complaining lol we laker fan are something else lol be patient dammit!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMVP View Post
    Look ive been watching the Clippers game and I could honestly say im sick and tired about how everyone is criticizing us about how we treated Phil.

PHIL JACKSON, GOD BLESS him, 11 championships, the best coach of all time in sports.

But let me just say this and I hope to hear from you fellow Laker fans. Didn't it maybe ever occur to you that maybe Phil Jackson was just asking to much??

I would have to admit that I did want Phil to comeback but you cannot deny the fact that a little part of you was kinda wondering if Phil did coach us again, what will happen with Steve NASH?

Everyone was saying how we brought in Steve Nash to be STEVE NASH. I honestly would have to say how could Steve NASH be STEVE NASH in the triangle offense? (Ahem Gary Payton Ahem)

Based on the past, Phil Jackson has never had a a great POINT GUARD. That is why I think of you're an analyst, a writer or anything who observes the game you should be Open minded about this stuff.

In the past few days I never once heard from ESPN, TNT, NBA TV or anything that say Mike D'Antoni is the RIGHT MAN.

I heard this from 710 ESPN about how Jerry Buss basically hired Mike D'Antoni to see SHOWTIME 2.0.

Lets Get over it, Much LOVE and RESPECT for Phil but hey I understand Jerry, Id do anything just to get a glimpse of SHOWTIME before he's time is up. And with the right POINT GUARD, probably the 3rd best PG of all time on your team in STEVE NASH, with the right coach. HEY SHOWTIME 2.0!
    Gary Payton was actually pretty successful in the triangle (sans Finals). He averaged about 15, 6 and 4 with less than 2 turnovers a game. That is solid production out of your 3rd or 4th best player. His 47% shooting would have been even higher if he was a better knockdown shooter...say someone like Steve Nash.

But with that said, the D'Antoni bashing is getting a little old for me too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaucho View Post
    Gary Payton was actually pretty successful in the triangle (sans Finals). He averaged about 15, 6 and 4 with less than 2 turnovers a game. That is solid production out of your 3rd or 4th best player. His 47% shooting would have been even higher if he was a better knockdown shooter...say someone like Steve Nash.

But with that said, the D'Antoni bashing is getting a little old for me too.
    phil changed it up a bit after garry complained it was not fully his triangle. He did a good job making the players fit. But I am not sold on Phil this time around. Dont have time to lean his system.

vCash
    The sky hook, triangle and slow traditional centers all have something in common.

vCash
    Over it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast