Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Shonn Greene thinks itís time for a change at the quarterback position

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...back-position/

Itís a good thing the Jets arenít a circus.

To cap a day in which multiple Jets said backup quarterback Tim Tebow is ďterrible,Ē coach Rex Ryan called out the unnamed critics as cowardly, and Tebow expressed sadness at the situation, running back Shonn Greene went the other way, suggesting that maybe the clocks should finally be set to Tebow Time.

ďSomethingís got to change,Ē Greene told Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports. ďWhen you get to the point where youíre 3-6, and losing and losing, a couple of guys are like, ĎOh, what would happen [if Tebow played]? But guys at the same time have faith in Mark, so itís kind of an up-and-down thing.

ďYou feel bad for Mark, but at the same time you want to win games. Weíre not here to protect peopleís feelings. If you want to win games, youíve got to try something. If somebodyís not getting the job done, you see if somebody else can do it. Itís the same with coaching, or any position. You donít mean to belittle someone or say Ďhe sucks.í Thatís just the harsh reality.Ē

The problem is that itís now too late to switch to Tebow. If it works, and if the Jets actually start winning, it likely will be too late to help them get to the playoffs. Which would serve only to invite questions regarding why the Jets didnít make the change sooner.

The bigger problem is that the Jets appear to have the beginnings of a schism. Yes. Schism.

And it possibly wasnít an accident that Greene included coaching in his list of things that may need to be changed for the team to become successful.
    This team is a complete and udder joke. It is clear to me now Ryan needs to go, he is delusional in all aspects of the Jets. He still thinks Sanchez is the best thing since sliced bread and has lost the lockeroom TWO years in a row.

To hell with em all.

Woody sell the team.

Ryan go back to being a defensive coordinator.

Mike T go be an accountant somewhere.

Soprano please take a long flight to somewhere in Alaska.

Mark & Tebow go scout some college quarterbacks for us.

Greene go try to outrun a sloth.

The circus has come full circle.

Dodger's fan talking to a bitter Red Sox fan after "the" trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    Look at the bright side, your great, great, great grandkids will get to see a boston world series in another hundred years.

vCash
    theres zero chance ryan is fired

vCash
    Wonder if Magoo still thinks its 54 vs 1.....Man this team is done. Rex sure has his pulse on this one.

but Shonn is 100% correct and im sure hes not the only one feeling this way

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    HAHA cant wait for someone to interview Cro and Holmes on the record...Get your popcorn kids the show is about to start.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    You feel bad for Mark, but at the same time you want to win games. We’re not here to protect people’s feelings. If you want to win games, you’ve got to try something. If somebody’s not getting the job done, you see if somebody else can do it. It’s the same with coaching, or any position. You don’t mean to belittle someone or say ‘he sucks.’ That’s just the harsh reality.”

Did he say sporano and Sanchez suck? OUCH.. anyone else think Bell will be starting sunday?

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    I don't think the worst starting RB in the league a person who surely should be benched really should be saying anything

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infamous46 View Post
    I don't think the worst starting RB in the league a person who surely should be benched really should be saying anything
    well when other teams stack the line because they dont fear the Qb I would think he would get frustrated.

But on the same account he should have kept it in house. No need to speak out to the media. This wont help the Jets.

Rex better take control real soon..Another loss and it will be a battle royal in the locker room.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infamous46 View Post
    This x100000000000

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Wonder if Magoo still thinks its 54 vs 1.....Man this team is done. Rex sure has his pulse on this one.

but Shonn is 100% correct and im sure hes not the only one feeling this way
    It was 52 vs. 1. Now a guy who is a big part of the problem is saying it's time for a change? Maybe Bell will be the featured back starting Sunday. Then Greene can have his change.

After all the talk about this "divided clubhouse" today, Manish Mehra was on SNY this afternoon, and said the locker room is not divided, and that he couldn't find one person who wasn't backing Sanchez. Mehra himself said that if there's a divide, he sees a 50 vs. 1 (how many guys are actually on the roster?).

So yes. I still don't think there are a lot of guys in the locker room who want to see Tebow take over the offense. Greene might just be trying to deflect the blame away from himself.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Serioiusly?! The Guy who has done even less than Sanchez wants to point fingers?! He should stay quiet

vCash
    The worst starting RB in the NFL is pointing fingers. That's hilarious.

vCash
    This is probably the only guy on the team that starts that has had a worse year than Sanchez. If he really thinks that the underachievers should be benched, then he should go take a seat at the end of the bench.

vCash
    wow, i never thought i'd long for the days of mangini's "closed lips" policy in the lockerroom
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Know whats worse than putting stuff out in the open?

Backtracking the next day. Man up Shonn and stick by your statements!!

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    I guess greene figured he would never make the headlines for his play on the field why not pull a skip bayless and use tebow to get in the news

i dont disagree a change may be in order (id go mcelroy) but i do have a problem with an extreme underperforming player opening his mouth to the media like this-prior to today i dont think id ever actually read a quote from greene

had this been mangold or harris or cromartie id say ok it holds weight-and you can hate on cromartie all you want he has been nothing but a team player and model citizen since hes gotten to NY

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast