Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raavvennss View Post
    I'm pretty much over the whole "Evan Turner is a franchise player" kick...

He's just average at best. Good rebounder for his position, but at the expense of a competent off-the-ball player/shooter. Terrible, terrible shooter. Meager defender.

I thought since he improved every year in college that we'd see steady development when we drafted him. When he disappointed in year one, I wasn't ready to write him off. I concur that Collins may not have used/developed him properly, but I don't think he's developed a shot that makes him capable of being a game-changer or makes him worthy of getting opportunity after opportunity from a coaching standpoint.

He is what he is. Without a shot, he's just a one trick pony who grabs rebounds. SG / SF are two very versatile positions and it's a shame to waste those on a guy who is a one-dimensional rebounder.

And I say this solemnly with sincere disappointment.
    Welcome aboard Raavvennss. Just in time, too...the Bandwagon is beginning to fill up.

vCash
    A one trick pony....

1) defend multiple positions
    2) significant size/strength advantage at guard
    3) strong handle
    4) can turn good defense into good offense on the slow break
    5) showing signs of a respectable corner 3
    6) can play point against backups and sometimes against starters
    7) 2nd leading assist guy on the team
    8) one of the best wing rebounders in the NBA...particularly on the defensive end

There's definitely more than 1 trick there. He's far from a perfect player, but I'll take him on my roster and make better use of him in the half court than just 2 point jumpers.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    A one trick pony....

1) defend multiple positions, just not very well
    2) significant size/strength advantage at guard which does no good if he doesn't use it
    3) strong handle, albeit it too high
    4) can turn good defense into good offense on the slow break transition is only "good" if it happens quicker than the other team can react
    5) showing signs of a respectable corner 3 that's what I want! 'respectable'!
    6) can play point against backups and sometimes against starters as can Royal
    7) 2nd leading assist guy on the team, with 3 (pops cheek with pinky); trailing the first guy by 5 and playing more guard minutes than anyone else on the team
    8) one of the best wing rebounders in the NBA...particularly on the defensive end- true. hey! one in a row!

He's far from a perfect player, .

fixed

vCash
    Evan had three of his strongest takes to the basket I've seen from him so far in the last game. He put his body of favors to protect the ball one of the times. He still made the iggy grimace afterwards. But that was an encouraging sign.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Evan had three of his strongest takes to the basket I've seen from him so far in the last game. He put his body of favors to protect the ball one of the times. He still made the iggy grimace afterwards. But that was an encouraging sign.
    Seems like he might hopefully finally be realizing that he needs to slow down and lean on the defender in order to finish. He isn't explosive enough of a finisher, so he has to lean on the defender a little bit just as he gets to the rim to create that tiniest amount of separation so he can finish without getting blocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    Lol @ et being a one trick pony. **************. Turner when is getting better and better and hes a good all around player. He helps this team in many ways. He might never lead the league in scoring but he can average 19, 8 boards and 5 or 6 assist. Once he starts getting to the free throw line hell be getting 19-20 points consistantly
    Last edited by Fred; 11-20-2012 at 07:42 AM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678