Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86:24335302
    Cause thats what im doing.....

Ugh...

If u cant comment on the topic, just stop and go away.

Whats with this guy?
    Hydro, your watching sixer games for the first time this year. Were all proud of you.

vCash
    you are so insightful.....

ugh...

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Last year we had no outside threat...and no post threat. So I excused him for his lack of structure; we had to run.

This year he got his size...he got his shooters...but without Bynum, Doug is exposed for not being open to other approaches. You can't just keep hoping 2 of our shooters will be hot every night.

Go through Hawes. Get Lavoy looks from 9 feet. Get Jrue to the rim consistently. Post up smaller guards. THEN look for lower percentage options outside.

Anyway.

Stop blaming Lou. You got diddly dick from Thad and Elton the whole ending of last year. For some reason you conveniently forget that and default to your Lou Hate.

With no Lou we don't make the plaoyoffs last year.
    Thats utterly laughable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreSoWrong View Post
    I dont post here often...although I'm a huge fan, watch every game, etc. I saw this post and had to give my....

SIXERS RANT.

I've been on Evan Turner's bandwagon since day 1, but apparently Collins hasn't.

Breakdown of the Last 2 games:
    **Two losses to the Bucks and Pistons
    **Turner played 25 and 23 minutes in those games (at SF, jason richardson back from injury)
    **Evan had 8 points, 4 boards, 5 assists (solid stats for the minutes) vs Bucks, 3 points, 3 rebonds, 2 assists vs Pistons

Breakdown of 3 games before those 2:
    **3 wins vs Raptors, Celtics, Hornets
    **Turner played 37, 41, 36 minutes in those games (at SG, jason richardson hurt)
    **Evan averaged 15.67 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 3.66 APG with his best game against the Celtics (for those who say big woop u beat raptors and hornets) when he had the most minutes- 25 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2/2 behind the arc.
    **HE AVERAGED SOLID DOUBLE DOUBLE in these 3

Plain and simple. We added guys like Wright, Young, and J Rich to stretch the court and compliment our interior offense (sucks Bynum is hurt) and to give a good wing to Turner (who isnt reliable from 3).

I love Doug as a coach but wake the hell up.

We drafted the guy number 2 overall and it's time we let the kid just do his thing. Playing him in 4 minute intervals as mentioned ^ where he's playing off the ball a lot (much better with the ball in his hands or closer to it by playing SG) and can't get a rhythm isn't gonna help us.

Not to mention. HE IS OUR LEADING REBOUNDER
    If you want to call him a small forward, hes 7th in the NBA in rebounds amongst them.
    If you want to call him a shooting guard, where he should be playing, and has been for his best games- HE IS #1 in rebounds per game.

KEY STATS from Bucks and Pistons Losses:
    Outrebounded by 17 vs. Bucks
    Outrebounded by 19 vs Pistons

As a team that until potentially 2013, doesn't have what was meant to be our big man who cleaned up the boards, go to guy, etc...we need to make adjustments.

WE LOST TO THE PISTONS BY NEARLY 20 LAST NIGHT! ON OUR COURT!
    They were 0-8 before that game......their worst start in franchise history.

For nothing else, even if you dont believe in the guy as an overall player...the rebound stats should be screaming at you to keep him in the game for healthy minutes.

This guy has the potential of being our top scorer and top rebounder (before Bynum comes back) from SG and with good minutes. That's pretty awesome.

Give the kid a friggin chance Doug.

Jrue/Evan/Wright as our 1-2-3

Rant over.
    so the basis of this post is if evan played more those to games we win....Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreSoWrong View Post
    Although I'm not a regular...and I dont follow every post on here...I have a great gut feeling you probably get abused for comments like these with how many times u have posted.

Anything BUT rebound...1st its naive and dumb as hell for you to think that rebounding isn't a VERY important part of the game saying only like that. Even if that was his only talent, it still should get you on the court when, oh yeah...you lead the team in rebounds and youre a friggin guard which is ABSURDLY DYNAMIC. 1st amongst guards in the nba in rebounds uhhh thank you.

To state thats all he does- also naive and dumb as hell.
    3 games I mentioned with minutes this year- 15+ points, 10+ rebounds, and 3-4 Assists. Youre right though....he can only rebound. He's arguably our best wing defender as well.

To think that he gets the minutes he deserves, also naive and dumb as hell.
    You don't know basketball if you cant understand the concept of rhythm and consistency. Playing 4 minutes off and on and getting less than half a game on the court isnt getting proper minutes for your top rebounder, or 3rd best scorer currently (due to minutes).

Give Evan Turner- Jrue Holiday minutes at the 2....and play Wright at the 3...and I promise we dont lose the game by nearly 20 and get outrebounded by the same amount.

Learn basketball, moron.

Say it with me.
    1. hes not our best wing defender
    2. it says alot when your 3s strength is rebounding
    3. he relys far to much on mid ranged jumpers and isnt quick enough to get to the rim consistently, yet lacks the 3 point shooting and off the ball movement to work around that

vCash
    I got all excited when I read the first three words of this thread title.
    Classic Ricky Prior right there lol

vCash
    I love reading these threads.

Reptar continues to piss off Hydro, and for some unknown reason Hydro continues to respond to his comments.

Ricky is very knowledgable about basketball, people just have a hard time facing the facts because of how he approaches it sometimes. Yes he may sometimes get tunnel vision in reference to what he believes but most of the time it is well deserved.

In the big scheme of things, ET was the No 2 overall pick, and he's not producing like he should no matter which position he plays, 2 or 3.
    Phillies/Eagles/Flyers/Sixers/Union/Arsenal

vCash
    phillyphan4 well said lol

vCash

no more turner at the 3

But this thread isnt about turner being a dissapointment.... Its simply about the fact that he, and the team, plays better with him at the 2 than the 3.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    But this thread isnt about turner being a dissapointment.... Its simply about the fact that he, and the team, plays better with him at the 2 than the 3.
    Why is that so hard to understand? The extreme argument that this team is at it's best if he literally sits on the bench or gets traded for a bag of donuts is not very bright.

And it's pretty darn obvious that both our defensive perimeter, and ET as an individual are more effective with him primarily at guard. It's really that simple.
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    He would make a solid 8-9th man. He should be in Royal Ivey's current role. But even then I don't think he would be as effective as Ivey.
    Last edited by Reptar; 11-16-2012 at 07:35 AM.

vCash

no more turner at the 3

Cause jrich and nick young warrant getting more minutes than turner?

Uhm.... No

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Cause jrich and nick young warrant getting more minutes than turner?

Uhm.... No

Ummm...sure, why not.

Did you see this stuff in that other thread?

Evan Turner's last 3 games: 6.3 points on 28.6% from the field in nearly 29 minutes per night. Ouch. #sixers

Over the last 3 games, only 1 #sixers regular (20+ mpg) has shot > 41%: Jrue Holiday (47.9%).

Thad at 39.8%, JRich at 39.3%, Turner at 28.6%, Nick Young at 41.1%, Wright at 38.1%, Spencer at 34.5%, Lavoy at 35.1%

Also interesting is that Evan Turner has given up most points/possession (1.032) on defensive end on #sixers. Tends to guard scorers tho

To put that in perspective, last year Iguodala gave up 0.767 points / possession on defensive end. Turner at 1.032 big step back so far

...so his offense sucks (on a sucky offensive team) and his defense ain't much better.

What. Are. You. Clinging. To.

??

vCash

no more turner at the 3

Im clinging to most of those numbers coming with him at the 3

Show me the splits

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Im clinging to most of those numbers coming with him at the 3

Show me the splits
    His defensive assignments would stay the same...so splits don't matter there. And 28% is...well...28%. By far the worst on the team.

You believe it would suddenly become, like, 45% at the 2?

Come on. This is getting silly.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast