Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The thing about ET at SG, it is partially about the rebounding and for the reasons stated. But it's also about being better as a team defensively. And it's also about God forbid providing a 2nd option to run the offense through other than Jrue and guys who should be doing nothing but spot up shooting.

ET was defended BY MONTA ****ING ELLIS and yet for most of the game was a spectator in the half court offense....and also on the bench for much of the game's crucial minutes. I've seen ET eat alive smaller guards 1 on 1 and create offense either for himself or others in the process. But with the Smurfiest 2 guard in the universe defending ET the offense only ran through him early in the shot clock on 3 possessions in the entire game. And that's 2-3 more than he usually gets. With Doug calling the shots, ET's only legitimate quality offensive opps right now come on the slow break against teams playing lazy transition defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Answerback03 View Post
    He does nothing but rebound? okay for argument sake... lets say i agree with u..

is that not enough reason to play the kid consistant minutes at least till bynum is back?

He DOES play. What's the matter with you ****ing people. He's THIRD ON THE TEAM in minutes.

Do u watch the games? did u see us get outrebounded by 17 against the bucks? did you see us get outrebounded by 19 against the pistons.
    Guess what - our FRANCHISE PLAYER (who rebounds) is out. It's like Shady being hurt and you wondering why we're all of a sudden not gaining rushing yards.

****ing Evan plays a ton and rebounds a lot. Pssst - that probably means Doug should be looking to OTHER guys to contribute on the boards. Or are you suggesting Evan play FORTY minutes a game and pick up another 3 rebounds.

Would THAT make you happy?
    Last edited by RickyPrior; 11-15-2012 at 10:38 AM.

vCash
    the problem is that DWright isn't starting, it hasn't nothing to do with JRich starting. ET isn't a SG nor a SF. He is a hybrid type player. He is a big PG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreSoWrong View Post

Anything BUT rebound...1st its naive and dumb as hell for you to think that rebounding isn't a VERY important part of the game saying only like that.
    Two different things, junior. Rebounding is THE most important skill, imo. (Aside from deny-defense - which, if executed perfectly - would lead to no one even HAVING the ball.)

Even if that was his only talent, it still should get you on the court when, oh yeah...you lead the team in rebounds
    It does. He's third on the team in minutes.

To state thats all he does- also naive and dumb as hell.
    3 games I mentioned with minutes this year- 15+ points, 10+ rebounds, and 3-4 Assists.
    Giant sample size.

Mine takes into account 170 games.

He's arguably our best wing defender as well.
    Most overrated defender in recent memory. Worst team defender on the Sixers in 3 years. (Yes, including Vooch, who sucked eggs at that particular discipline.)

Give Evan Turner- Jrue Holiday minutes at the 2
    Nah. He plays plenty for me (and Doug) to have determined what we got with him.

Learn basketball, moron.

I have more basketball knowledge in the tip of my d*** than you have in that entire 11 year-old head of yours, sister. And anyone here (who's honest) will tell you the same thing.

They just might word it differently than I did.

vCash
    Guess wat.. hes third on minutes cuz jrich was out and he had a span where he got good minutes.. and guess what? He produced..

If u could read I said Evan is a confidence player and getting 4 minute bursts where he stands in the corner is not utilizing his talents..

Plain and simple if jru isn't handling the ball than Evan should be and wright should be in the corner spotting up. Not other way around.

I've truthfully started questioning ur knowledge of basketball. That or ur just crying for attention.

U can't watch the game and see rebounding is a glaring weakness.
    Look through the roster, who is most capeable of contributing to the defensive boards?
    I'm waiting....
    That's right. Its turner
    Therefore he needs to be on the floor for that reason alone. As I said without rebounding and pushing the ball we r forced to be a half court team where we will struggle without bynum

Understand now kid?

vCash
    Yes, I get it, you morons:

Rebounding is crucial.
    Evan rebounds.

No **** sherlocks.

But you're about 7 steps behind me.

What YOU numrods don't get is that playing Evan for another 4-8 minutes ain't gonna correct our issues. Yes, he'll grab another 1 or 2.

Whoopdie doopdie.

We are a LOUSY REBOUNDING TEAM.

Our bigs have no toughness. Beside ET our wing guys aren't rebounders.

We're missing our ****ing FRANCHISE PLAYER. So we are no longer a big, physical, rebounding team which can kill you from the outside if you triple our Big. We are a non-running team because we don't rebound and - guess what - no longer have great transition guys even if we DID.

We have no half court 'system' because there's no one to play through (though I don't know why Hawes isn't getting touches at the elbow).

We have NO great defenders.
    We have NO leadership.

We have issues MUCH MUCH BIGGER than poor Evan playing another 5 minutes a game.

But you people have your heads so far up his mediocre butt you can't see straight.

I laugh in your general direction.

vCash
    Turner never has and Never will have the potential to be a Franchise player or even an Allstar. He will be between and Average to a Good starter on a good team thats what safe picks are all about

vCash
    And by the way, kids: what you SHOULD be *****ing about is why Lavoy is getting but 21 minutes. Why no Moultrie? I could live with some more Hawes for this reason, too.

Get THOSE guys more minutes...and watch our rebounds increase by 15%.

**** Evan Turner.

vCash
    First off Ricky. Watch the way u talk to me.

Second, u r proving my point. Since bynum is out and we have bad half court offense and poor rebounding than u need ur best rebounders on the floor to push the ball. Having one dimensional shooters on court does nothing if they get no space Bc teams aren't forced to double or rotate. That's wat I'm saying to u.

Second et at 2 and Thad at three may create mismatches for us if jru or Evan go to the post, which in return give rich wright and swaggy open looks in rythem.

Moral of story. With bynum out u need best rebounders. Having shooters to space the floor aren't doing anything if we don't have players that can capetalize off of one on one opportunities.

If u took the time to read my posts ud see I'm not an et fan boy and its more than just an et debate. But once u see his name in the post u go into defensive mode.

Do I need to spell it out for u more? Or draw it up? Or do u understand this time

vCash
    And why no Allen? I understand why. Hes not defending or rebounding. His head is elsewhere. He was starting next to Thad to be physical and rebound and thus far he has done neither

vCash
    First off Ricky. Watch the way u talk to me.
    Nah
    Last edited by RickyPrior; 11-15-2012 at 11:33 AM.

vCash
    u need ur best rebounders on the floor to push the ball.
    You need your guys who are paid to rebound to do a better job.

Thinking that more minutes to one guy (who already plays a lot of minutes) is going to solve this is silly.

Silly willy.
    Last edited by RickyPrior; 11-15-2012 at 11:35 AM.

vCash

no more turner at the 3

Ricky, its like ure missing the core concept. As usual. This thread wasnt about turner being "unleashed" or his minutes.

Its about the fact that we have 3 shooting guards, and turner is the best one, yet he plays his "3rd most minutes on the team" as a small forward.

Its simply about putting him in the game at his best position..... Where the sixers will have a better chance to win.

Addendum.... Also playing the 3-5min intervals def doesnt help anyone. I see waaay too much young and jrich for my liking, they should never be on the floor at the same time.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I'm 7 steps AHEAD of the "big core concept". (By the way this isn't some brainstorm and it isn't complicated.)

Turner isn't the best of the shooting guards; he's better than the others at rebounding; not particularly better/worse on defense, and for sure is the worst (on the team) off the ball.

And he plays the three to get him closer to the basket so he can be in "his best position to contribute" (rebounding). Make him a 2? Yeah, whatever. He'll still be inactive in the half court and defend the same guy anyway. Whatever.

But Evan Turner has 0 impact on this team right now. Problem is...so do several other guys. Roles aren't clearly defined. Doug isn't comfortable with rotations since he's not seen enough minutes from enough of them. And he's not getting from guys what they need to provide.

So it's 'team tweaking'. Not sliding one guy 11 feet 'south' and thinking we're good to go.

That's silly talk.

vCash
    ricky give it up you are being schooled in this thread.

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast