Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

no more turner at the 3

Its not a coincidence that we lost 2 in a row with the jrich turner wings, after turner had a few good games at the 2 with jrich out.... games which we won! Turner is better at the 2. Our best lineup is jrue turner wright thad hawes (maybe insert lavoy in there for thad or hawes) right now, and i never see it out there for long enough stretches.

Im not defending turner, not making excuses for his pedestrian play. Im not a huge fan of his anymore...

BUT..... Hes clearly better at the 2.... He played better there than he has at the 3.

I dont need to see so much jrich or nick young anymore.... Theyre bench wings... Id rather see these sixers go big than with these stupid pseudo lineups with wright and thad as the 4 and 5.

That is all.
    Last edited by BChydro86; 11-14-2012 at 10:46 PM.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    agreed. i thought form day 1 it sohuld be Jrue, Et, Wright, Thad, Hawes/Lavoy

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    With the roster we have we should be starting : jrue, Evan, Wright, Thad, brown.

First sub is j rich for turner,

Then swags turner lavoy and hawes come in for jrue wright Thad brown

Let turner run point with second group. Screw ivey hes a spots minutes back up. U gotta start brown with Thad Bc its become evident we getting bullied on the glass and hawes and Allen not getting it done next to Thad

Which leads me to my next point. Yes turner is shooting the ball bad but dough NEEDS to keep him in the game to clean the boards. We r getting killed on the boards.. also doug is handling turner horrible. His game is all abt confidence. When hes playing free and with confidence hes very good player but doug playing him in 4 minute intervals is killing him. No rythem

Last point. Go get kmart. Hes waiting to get signed. Hes a great pick and roll defender. Plays with an edge. Very vocal. Always been a quarterback for teams defenses. He just makes too much sense, so I'm sure we won't.

Ok rant ended

vCash

no more turner at the 3

Start brown? I cant even think of a reason to play him more than 8mpg

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash

no more turner at the 3

If toughness is ur issue with thad and hawes id play lavoy and hawes.... Not brown

Lavoys rotations are weak, but he shpuld progress with some tutelage, and hawes rotates pretty good (even tho i think hes excited about his new athletic build and wants to play interior D more..... Not necessarily a bad thing)

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I got all excited when I read the first three words of this thread title.

But I can't say I feel strongly about Turner at the 2 or 3. Doesn't matter much to me. He's going to defend the same guy no matter what position he's playing and he'll crash the boards all the same.

So far he's been wildly mediocre...so who gives a ****.

Know what I mean?

But, sure, if playing him at the two means we get Wright at the three...why not.

OR we could go with Wright and JRich and stick Turner back on the bench. All three of them sucked last night...so pick your poison.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post

But I can't say I feel strongly about Turner at the 2 or 3. Doesn't matter much to me. He's going to defend the same guy no matter what position he's playing and he'll crash the boards all the same.

So far he's been wildly mediocre...so who gives a ****.

Know what I mean?

But, sure, if playing him at the two means we get Wright at the three...why not.

OR we could go with Wright and JRich and stick Turner back on the bench. All three of them sucked last night...so pick your poison.
    Two days ago I said I wanted Turner at SG and Wright at SF and you responded, "Why in the world would you WANT that?!"

vCash
    Classic Ricky Prior right there lol

vCash
    I love reading these threads.

Reptar continues to piss off Hydro, and for some unknown reason Hydro continues to respond to his comments.

Ricky is very knowledgable about basketball, people just have a hard time facing the facts because of how he approaches it sometimes. Yes he may sometimes get tunnel vision in reference to what he believes but most of the time it is well deserved.

In the big scheme of things, ET was the No 2 overall pick, and he's not producing like he should no matter which position he plays, 2 or 3.
    Phillies/Eagles/Flyers/Sixers/Union/Arsenal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    If toughness is ur issue with thad and hawes id play lavoy and hawes.... Not brown

Lavoys rotations are weak, but he shpuld progress with some tutelage, and hawes rotates pretty good (even tho i think hes excited about his new athletic build and wants to play interior D more..... Not necessarily a bad thing)

yes toughness is my issue. we got outrebounded by 36 in the past two games. thats unacceptable. brown is our most physical player so u need to stick him next to thad who seems to be inevitably starting. look at the knicks game, got out to an early lead bc we were physical with brown in the game.

secondly, turner needs more minutes simply bc of his rebounding

if the current roster cant get it done go get a varejo, evans, blair who are gonna play with energy and passion and hit the boards.

lastly,, youaresowrong...... absolutely great post.

vCash
    I dont post here often...although I'm a huge fan, watch every game, etc. I saw this post and had to give my....

SIXERS RANT.

I've been on Evan Turner's bandwagon since day 1, but apparently Collins hasn't.

Breakdown of the Last 2 games:
    **Two losses to the Bucks and Pistons
    **Turner played 25 and 23 minutes in those games (at SF, jason richardson back from injury)
    **Evan had 8 points, 4 boards, 5 assists (solid stats for the minutes) vs Bucks, 3 points, 3 rebonds, 2 assists vs Pistons

Breakdown of 3 games before those 2:
    **3 wins vs Raptors, Celtics, Hornets
    **Turner played 37, 41, 36 minutes in those games (at SG, jason richardson hurt)
    **Evan averaged 15.67 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 3.66 APG with his best game against the Celtics (for those who say big woop u beat raptors and hornets) when he had the most minutes- 25 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2/2 behind the arc.
    **HE AVERAGED SOLID DOUBLE DOUBLE in these 3

Plain and simple. We added guys like Wright, Young, and J Rich to stretch the court and compliment our interior offense (sucks Bynum is hurt) and to give a good wing to Turner (who isnt reliable from 3).

I love Doug as a coach but wake the hell up.

We drafted the guy number 2 overall and it's time we let the kid just do his thing. Playing him in 4 minute intervals as mentioned ^ where he's playing off the ball a lot (much better with the ball in his hands or closer to it by playing SG) and can't get a rhythm isn't gonna help us.

Not to mention. HE IS OUR LEADING REBOUNDER
    If you want to call him a small forward, hes 7th in the NBA in rebounds amongst them.
    If you want to call him a shooting guard, where he should be playing, and has been for his best games- HE IS #1 in rebounds per game.

KEY STATS from Bucks and Pistons Losses:
    Outrebounded by 17 vs. Bucks
    Outrebounded by 19 vs Pistons

As a team that until potentially 2013, doesn't have what was meant to be our big man who cleaned up the boards, go to guy, etc...we need to make adjustments.

WE LOST TO THE PISTONS BY NEARLY 20 LAST NIGHT! ON OUR COURT!
    They were 0-8 before that game......their worst start in franchise history.

For nothing else, even if you dont believe in the guy as an overall player...the rebound stats should be screaming at you to keep him in the game for healthy minutes.

This guy has the potential of being our top scorer and top rebounder (before Bynum comes back) from SG and with good minutes. That's pretty awesome.

Give the kid a friggin chance Doug.

Jrue/Evan/Wright as our 1-2-3

Rant over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreSoWrong View Post
    I dont post here often...although I'm a huge fan, watch every game, etc. I saw this post and had to give my....

SIXERS RANT.

I've been on Evan Turner's bandwagon since day 1, but apparently Collins hasn't.

Breakdown of the Last 2 games:
    **Two losses to the Bucks and Pistons
    **Turner played 25 and 23 minutes in those games (at SF, jason richardson back from injury)
    **Evan had 8 points, 4 boards, 5 assists (solid stats for the minutes) vs Bucks, 3 points, 3 rebonds, 2 assists vs Pistons

Breakdown of 3 games before those 2:
    **3 wins vs Raptors, Celtics, Hornets
    **Turner played 37, 41, 36 minutes in those games (at SG, jason richardson hurt)
    **Evan averaged 15.67 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 3.66 APG with his best game against the Celtics (for those who say big woop u beat raptors and hornets) when he had the most minutes- 25 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2/2 behind the arc.
    **HE AVERAGED SOLID DOUBLE DOUBLE in these 3

Plain and simple. We added guys like Wright, Young, and J Rich to stretch the court and compliment our interior offense (sucks Bynum is hurt) and to give a good wing to Turner (who isnt reliable from 3).

I love Doug as a coach but wake the hell up.

We drafted the guy number 2 overall and it's time we let the kid just do his thing. Playing him in 4 minute intervals as mentioned ^ where he's playing off the ball a lot (much better with the ball in his hands or closer to it by playing SG) and can't get a rhythm isn't gonna help us.

Not to mention. HE IS OUR LEADING REBOUNDER
    If you want to call him a small forward, hes 7th in the NBA in rebounds amongst them.
    If you want to call him a shooting guard, where he should be playing, and has been for his best games- HE IS #1 in rebounds per game.

KEY STATS from Bucks and Pistons Losses:
    Outrebounded by 17 vs. Bucks
    Outrebounded by 19 vs Pistons

As a team that until potentially 2013, doesn't have what was meant to be our big man who cleaned up the boards, go to guy, etc...we need to make adjustments.

WE LOST TO THE PISTONS BY NEARLY 20 LAST NIGHT! ON OUR COURT!
    They were 0-8 before that game......their worst start in franchise history.

For nothing else, even if you dont believe in the guy as an overall player...the rebound stats should be screaming at you to keep him in the game for healthy minutes.

This guy has the potential of being our top scorer and top rebounder (before Bynum comes back) from SG and with good minutes. That's pretty awesome.

Give the kid a friggin chance Doug.

Jrue/Evan/Wright as our 1-2-3

Rant over.
    so the basis of this post is if evan played more those to games we win....Lol

vCash
    read my post ricky...i couldnt disagree with u more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreSoWrong View Post
    read my post ricky...i couldnt disagree with u more.
    I'll try.

It just looks so......long.

vCash
    I'll try.

It just looks so......long.
    Read it. And of course disagree.

Watch the kid. He does nothing BUT rebound. And last night he hurt the team...so he sat.

I can't even tell you how naive I find the whole "unleash evan" nonsense. I suspect these sentiments are expressed generally by 'younger' members here.

But if you suck, you're going to sit. Doug has done this with everyone from Thad to Hawes to Meeks to Jrue.

This year Evan is third on the team in minutes. Evan has played FOUR THOUSAND minutes while in the NBA. He's played in one hundred seventy (170) ****ing basketball games. Already FAR more than he played in college (101).

Give it a rest. Half the time that head-case just doesn't DO anything. Other times he's more active, and plays. But he's no more special than anyone else on the team. He gets the minutes he deserves.

Trade the Bust.

Say it with me.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast