Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mid-Season Mock

vCash

Mid-Season Mock

1. Kansas City Chiefs- QB Matt Barkley, USC: I don’t think Barkley is a #1 overall quality talent, but this has to be a QB.
    2. Jacksonville Jaguars- DE/OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia: The Jags haven’t been in the top 20 in the league in Sacks and only once in the top 20 in Sack% in the past 5 seasons.
    3. Cleveland Browns- DT Star Lotuleilei, Utah: Phil Taylor has been out, but they could still use another DT and a DE. Lotuleilei is BPA over Montgomery IMO, and Joeckel who isn’t a need.
    4. Carolina Panthers- OT Luke Joeckel, Texas AM: Unfortunately for Panther fans, I’m picking the slot on this one, not the team. They could go with Montgomery or maybe Hankins but I think a trade down would be in order here.
    5. St. Louis Rams (via Was)- OL Barrett Jones, Alabama: I’m probably in the minority, but I think Jones can play LT in the NFL. The Rams are another team that could look to trade down though.
    6. Philadelphia Eagles- CB DeMarcus Miliner, Alabama: With Nnamdi’s huge cap hit, he is a prime candidate to be a cap casualty. Here they draft his replacement.
    7. Oakland Raiders- DE Sam Montgomery, LSU: The Raiders just aren’t getting to the QB. Here the top pure 4-3 DE prospect falls in to their laps.
    8. New York Jets- DE/OLB Barkevious Mingo, LSU: Another team who isn’t getting to the QB. This is between Mingo and Texas AM’s Damontre Moore.
    9. Buffalo Bills- QB Geno Smith, West Virginia: The Bills have openly spoken about looking for a franchise QB. Here they take a shot on Smith who’s stock has taken a hit recently.
    10. St. Louis Rams- WR Robert Woods: Jeff Fischer spent years watching Reggie Wayne. After apparently coveting Blackmon, Fischer gets Bradford a Reggie Wayne type of WR.
    11. Tennessee Titans- DT Johnathan Hankins, Ohio St: The Titans could look at a CB like Rhodes or Banks; but Hankins is a better value. They don’t have a true NT on the roster.
    12. San Diego Chargers- CB Johnthan Banks, Mississippi St: The Chargers are a mediocre pass D. They have invested a lot of picks in pass rushers recently, so now they turn to the secondary.
    13. New Orleans Saints- LB Manti Te’o, Notre Dame: This pick allows the Saints to move on from Vilma and Hawthorne if they want. There isn’t a DT that is worth this pick.
    14. Miami Dolphins- WR Keenan Allen, California: Hartline is a good WR, but Allen can give Philbin a version of Greg Jennings on the Dolphins.
    15. Detroit Lions- DE Damontre Moore, Texas AM: Avril is a FA after the season and Vanden Bosch will be entering a contract year. This comes down to Moore or Werner IMO.
    16. Dallas Cowboys- DE/OLB Bjoern Werner, Florida St: I think the Cowboys would be praying for Moore to make it to them. Here they take the next best pass rusher.
    17. Cincinnati Bengals- S Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma: The run on pass rushers leaves the Bengals to look to the S position opposite of Reggie Nelson.
    18. Arizona Cardinals- OT Jake Matthews, Texas AM: This pick should be obvious.
    19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- CB Jordan Poyer, Oregon St: I don’t think there is a 4-3 DE worthy of this spot. So, they look for Aqib Talib’s replacement.
    20. Seattle Seahawks- WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee: A legitimate #1 falls to Seattle here. Warmack was also a consideration but I think WR is a greater positional value.
    21. New York Giants- DT Kawann Short, Purdue: I guess the Giants could use a DT, but the big reason he is here is because I think he is BPA.
    22. Minnesota Vikings- OG Chance Warmack, Alabama: Warmack is the best player that makes some sense. A DT like Sheldon Richardson could be considered if Kevin Williams isn’t retained.
    23. Pittsburgh Steelers- OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan: Max Starks is a FA at season’s end. Still, they tried to replace him with Mike Adams. I think they could look to do it again.
    24. New England Patriots- DE/OLB Alex Okafor, Texas: Okafor has scheme versatility that the Pats will love.
    25. Indianapolis Colts- DT Jonathan Jenkins, Georgia: The Colts get the anchor for their D. They need a true NT to complete the scheme shift.
    26. Green Bay Packers- LB CJ Mosley, Alabama: I haven’t seen the typical complaints about Hawk. However, Mosley is an excellent replacement.
    27. Denver Broncos- DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri: The Broncos just used a 2nd on a DT. However, I still think they could use help at DT.
    28. San Francisco 49ers- S Eric Reid, LSU: Goldson is a FA at the end of the season and I think the 49ers could stand to upgrade over Whitner.
    29. Chicago Bears- OG/T Dallas Thomas, Tennessee: Another obvious OL pick.
    30. Baltimore Ravens- WR Terrence Williams, Baylor: There isn’t a pass rusher worth this spot. Williams is a better prospect than Kendall Wright IMO.
    31. Houston Texans- WR Da’Rick Rodgers, Tennessee Tech: They just picked DeVier Posey, so they will take risks. Rodgers is worth the risk here.
    32. Atlanta Falcons- DE Tank Carradine, Florida St: John Abraham is a FA at season’s end and no other edge rusher is getting to the QB for the Falcons.
    I kept the explanations short. If you want more reasoning just ask. The order is directly from the NFL.com league standings. It could grow to a 2 Rd mock if I'm not too busy tomorrow.

vCash
    Not unfortunately for Panthers fans. I would love Joeckel. Byron Bell is one of the most abysmal excuses for a starting OT in the NFL that I have ever seen. We can play Joeckel at RT for a year or two, then flip him and Gross as Gross continues to decline (or move Gross inside to LG).

A lot of people have the Panthers picking a DT, but it honestly isn't as dire as RT is. Would you rather start Ron Edwards at NT (which is where a Hankins/Lotulelei is going to play), or Byron Bell at RT? That choice is easy.

vCash
    ^Makes sense. lol

I honestly wasn't sure how much Gross had left. From what I've seen he's been decent, but I wasn't sure if he could be moved to RT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    ^Makes sense. lol

I honestly wasn't sure how much Gross had left. From what I've seen he's been decent, but I wasn't sure if he could be moved to RT.
    Gross is still a decent LT. Nothing special at this point. He played RT early in his career, so I imagine he could still play it in the foreseeable future. He's a good run blocker for a LT. If he's really struggling athletically in a year or two, just move him inside to LG. I think that's pretty much fool-proof.

vCash
    If the Bears pass on Xavier Rhodes, and Tyler Eifert I might cry

vCash
    I like the Jags pick

vCash
    I keep seeing Terrance Williams and the reasoning makes sense.

I honestly think this is a draft that the Ravens can go in so many different ways, but I am worried about the overall level of talent we potentially have at ILB, S, pass-rusher, and even the OL.

I buy the reason for Terrance Williams at the end of Round 1, but that's why I won't argue it.

I'm really intrigued as to see what this team does as it gets closer because we do have SEVERAL immediate needs on defense to be filled: ILB, FS, and pass-rusher.

Brandin Cooks
    Future Baltimore Raven

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeyAce View Post
    If the Bears pass on Xavier Rhodes, and Tyler Eifert I might cry
    I just forgot about Rhodes. Slot him in where Jordan Poyer is.

But, if we take Eifert I might cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketKings View Post
    I keep seeing Terrance Williams and the reasoning makes sense.

I honestly think this is a draft that the Ravens can go in so many different ways, but I am worried about the overall level of talent we potentially have at ILB, S, pass-rusher, and even the OL.

I buy the reason for Terrance Williams at the end of Round 1, but that's why I won't argue it.

I'm really intrigued as to see what this team does as it gets closer because we do have SEVERAL immediate needs on defense to be filled: ILB, FS, and pass-rusher.
    I had your guy slotted there, until I got to the Pats pick. After that, the Rd 1-early Rd 2 worthy Rush LBs had been pretty much tapped out. Do you think Alec Ogletree can play ILB in a 3-4? I don't, but I'm curious.

vCash
    I wouldn't say that Manti Te'o is a bad pick for the Saints because he's good enough to be an upgrade for almost any team and he definitely might be the BPA, which the Saints are fond of taking. With that said, there are other options at priority positions available. As you mentioned, DT might not be an option, depending on how you feel about the guys available (I personally like Kawann Short, but others may feel differently at #13), but there's definitely other players that would be great picks there. DE and OT are probably the Saints biggest needs. DE's Bjoern Werner and Damontre Moore would both be good picks at a huge position of need. OT Jake Matthews would also be a huge get and he's available at #13. Not criticizing your pick for the Saints, just alerting you to other options.
    Last edited by neovenator250; 11-15-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    I just forgot about Rhodes. Slot him in where Jordan Poyer is.

But, if we take Eifert I might cry.

I had your guy slotted there, until I got to the Pats pick. After that, the Rd 1-early Rd 2 worthy Rush LBs had been pretty much tapped out. Do you think Alec Ogletree can play ILB in a 3-4? I don't, but I'm curious.
    Why would you cry about Eifert? You don't like him? I love Eifert.

To be honest, I think Ogletree can. I think he has a similar body-type to my man-love in Daryl Washington, but I don't know if he has the frame to pack on the extra muscle/weight that Washington did to assimilate into the position.

Overall, I don't know if he really can.

But I agree though if we are picking in the last 1st, it'll be hard to nab either Te'o (impossible) and maybe even Mosley and the best 34 pass-rushers are probably gone as well.

It's starting to look like if certain players don't fall to Baltimore, they'll trade back into the early part of the 2nd and maybe nab a guy like Skov and/or Vacarro or something.

Brandin Cooks
    Future Baltimore Raven

vCash
    32. Atlanta Falcons- DE Tank Carradine, Florida St: John Abraham is a FA at season’s end and no other edge rusher is getting to the QB for the Falcons.
    Abraham signed a 3-year deal last offseason. They might still go D-Line, or TE (Eifert) since Gonzalez is retiring.*

* = I'll believe it when I see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketKings View Post
    Why would you cry about Eifert? You don't like him? I love Eifert.
    He screams Greg Olsen to me. Not that I wasn't a fan of Greg when he was a Bear, but that isn't worth a 1st. I pretty much hate 1st Rd TEs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Abraham signed a 3-year deal last offseason. They might still go D-Line, or TE (Eifert) since Gonzalez is retiring.*

* = I'll believe it when I see it.
    I apparently need to sleep more because I glanced right over that on Roto. Is DE not a need?

vCash
    He screams Greg Olsen to me. Not that I wasn't a fan of Greg when he was a Bear, but that isn't worth a 1st. I pretty much hate 1st Rd TEs.

I apparently need to sleep more because I glanced right over that on Roto. Is DE not a need?
    not even a Falcons fan and I can tell you its a need

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15
    It definitely is, one of the four majors (DE, OL, RB, TE). They just released free agent bust Ray Edwards a few days ago. Dimitroff has a track record of being more of a "needs drafter" than simply taking BPA, but he's also a very aggressive deal-maker (trades for Gonzalez, Samuel, Julio Jones, etc).
    Last edited by Bravo95; 11-15-2012 at 10:37 AM.

vCash
    23. Pittsburgh Steelers- OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan: Max Starks is a FA at season’s end. Still, they tried to replace him with Mike Adams. I think they could look to do it again.
    I'm confused, are you saying they're giving up on Adams already?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast