1. Kansas City Chiefs- QB Matt Barkley, USC:
I don’t think Barkley is a #1 overall quality talent, but this has to be a QB.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars- DE/OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia:
The Jags haven’t been in the top 20 in the league in Sacks and only once in the top 20 in Sack% in the past 5 seasons.
3. Cleveland Browns- DT Star Lotuleilei, Utah:
Phil Taylor has been out, but they could still use another DT and a DE. Lotuleilei is BPA over Montgomery IMO, and Joeckel who isn’t a need.
4. Carolina Panthers- OT Luke Joeckel, Texas AM:
Unfortunately for Panther fans, I’m picking the slot on this one, not the team. They could go with Montgomery or maybe Hankins but I think a trade down would be in order here.
5. St. Louis Rams (via Was)- OL Barrett Jones, Alabama:
I’m probably in the minority, but I think Jones can play LT in the NFL. The Rams are another team that could look to trade down though.
6. Philadelphia Eagles- CB DeMarcus Miliner, Alabama:
With Nnamdi’s huge cap hit, he is a prime candidate to be a cap casualty. Here they draft his replacement.
7. Oakland Raiders- DE Sam Montgomery, LSU:
The Raiders just aren’t getting to the QB. Here the top pure 4-3 DE prospect falls in to their laps.
8. New York Jets- DE/OLB Barkevious Mingo, LSU:
Another team who isn’t getting to the QB. This is between Mingo and Texas AM’s Damontre Moore.
9. Buffalo Bills- QB Geno Smith, West Virginia:
The Bills have openly spoken about looking for a franchise QB. Here they take a shot on Smith who’s stock has taken a hit recently.
10. St. Louis Rams- WR Robert Woods:
Jeff Fischer spent years watching Reggie Wayne. After apparently coveting Blackmon, Fischer gets Bradford a Reggie Wayne type of WR.
11. Tennessee Titans- DT Johnathan Hankins, Ohio St:
The Titans could look at a CB like Rhodes or Banks; but Hankins is a better value. They don’t have a true NT on the roster.
12. San Diego Chargers- CB Johnthan Banks, Mississippi St:
The Chargers are a mediocre pass D. They have invested a lot of picks in pass rushers recently, so now they turn to the secondary.
13. New Orleans Saints- LB Manti Te’o, Notre Dame:
This pick allows the Saints to move on from Vilma and Hawthorne if they want. There isn’t a DT that is worth this pick.
14. Miami Dolphins- WR Keenan Allen, California:
Hartline is a good WR, but Allen can give Philbin a version of Greg Jennings on the Dolphins.
15. Detroit Lions- DE Damontre Moore, Texas AM:
Avril is a FA after the season and Vanden Bosch will be entering a contract year. This comes down to Moore or Werner IMO.
16. Dallas Cowboys- DE/OLB Bjoern Werner, Florida St:
I think the Cowboys would be praying for Moore to make it to them. Here they take the next best pass rusher.
17. Cincinnati Bengals- S Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma:
The run on pass rushers leaves the Bengals to look to the S position opposite of Reggie Nelson.
18. Arizona Cardinals- OT Jake Matthews, Texas AM:
This pick should be obvious.
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- CB Jordan Poyer, Oregon St:
I don’t think there is a 4-3 DE worthy of this spot. So, they look for Aqib Talib’s replacement.
20. Seattle Seahawks- WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee:
A legitimate #1 falls to Seattle here. Warmack was also a consideration but I think WR is a greater positional value.
21. New York Giants- DT Kawann Short, Purdue:
I guess the Giants could use a DT, but the big reason he is here is because I think he is BPA.
22. Minnesota Vikings- OG Chance Warmack, Alabama:
Warmack is the best player that makes some sense. A DT like Sheldon Richardson could be considered if Kevin Williams isn’t retained.
23. Pittsburgh Steelers- OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan:
Max Starks is a FA at season’s end. Still, they tried to replace him with Mike Adams. I think they could look to do it again.
24. New England Patriots- DE/OLB Alex Okafor, Texas:
Okafor has scheme versatility that the Pats will love.
25. Indianapolis Colts- DT Jonathan Jenkins, Georgia:
The Colts get the anchor for their D. They need a true NT to complete the scheme shift.
26. Green Bay Packers- LB CJ Mosley, Alabama:
I haven’t seen the typical complaints about Hawk. However, Mosley is an excellent replacement.
27. Denver Broncos- DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri:
The Broncos just used a 2nd on a DT. However, I still think they could use help at DT.
28. San Francisco 49ers- S Eric Reid, LSU:
Goldson is a FA at the end of the season and I think the 49ers could stand to upgrade over Whitner.
29. Chicago Bears- OG/T Dallas Thomas, Tennessee:
Another obvious OL pick.
30. Baltimore Ravens- WR Terrence Williams, Baylor:
There isn’t a pass rusher worth this spot. Williams is a better prospect than Kendall Wright IMO.
31. Houston Texans- WR Da’Rick Rodgers, Tennessee Tech:
They just picked DeVier Posey, so they will take risks. Rodgers is worth the risk here.
32. Atlanta Falcons- DE Tank Carradine, Florida St:
John Abraham is a FA at season’s end and no other edge rusher is getting to the QB for the Falcons.