Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I see PG facing an Iggy type conundrum. All these expectations being unfairly placed on him when in truth and in fact he really isn't that type of player more of a complementary than a 1st or even a 2nd best player on a championship calibre team.

Granger is their best player and they are severely missing him on both ends of the floor IMO. No question Hibbert's contract is/was one of the worst and despite his solid play on D (really nothing to boast about IMO) he isn't a good fit with West (that says more about Hibbert than West IMO) on offense and doesn't have the type of PG that can consistently find him in good positions for the basket. Pacers are going to be stuck in mediocrity for some time but this is the East and IMO they still have a decent chance at making the post season.

vCash
    There is no other way to put it, we SUCK right now. I didn't even bother watching the game tonight. I saw the first minute or so and I was done. I really miss Granger, but I don't think he is going to solve all of our problems right now. I think it is on the front office for not putting together a better bench.

Yes, Hibbert is overpaid, but we really had no choice. We didn't know he was going to come out looking like the rookie version of himself this year. He brings in a lot of fans with his fan section. This state is only gonna support this team if we are doing good and right now Roy's section just might be the only guys showing up to games.

I wouldn't be surprised if we make a major move by the trade deadline if things don't improve. Either that or Vogel loses his job. It's hard to tell what's really causing this funk we're in right now, whether it's the new players/Roy, the front office, the coach, or all of the above.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    I see PG facing an Iggy type conundrum. All these expectations being unfairly placed on him when in truth and in fact he really isn't that type of player more of a complementary than a 1st or even a 2nd best player on a championship calibre team.
    As of right now, I would agree. He doesn't have the ability to take over games. I don't know if he ever will. While it is only his third year and he is probably my favorite player, I could tell last year that he wasn't ever going to be what we wanted him to be.

vCash
    One thing that really bugs me is that im not seeing any offensive sets being run by our PG's I dont ever see them call plays. They cross the halfcourt line and pass it to Paul George for an iso, or try to feed it into the post. If a post player gets it and doesnt have deep position, he stands there for 4 or 5 seconds trying to pass the ball out to someone else. By the time this happens there is 10 seconds or less on the clock. There is so little off the ball movement its sickening. I cant pin point the problem, but its getting worse with each game.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    hopefully...keeps the slim hope for my Raptors alive.
    Last edited by Sadds The Gr8; 11-15-2012 at 02:22 AM.

vCash
    they will make the playoffs but ive felt that they got Wrose the minute they lost collision He was really undervalued.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    they will make the playoffs but ive felt that they got Wrose the minute they lost collision He was really undervalued.
    Agreed about collison, that not having him really stands out this year.

But i disagree they will make playoffs. They look awful, uninspired, and lack any scorers who really seem to want to be the man, without granger. They need someone, who, even if there not a real star, can at least act like one.

I see some coaching changes, and big trades in there future, which is sad because it wasn't long ago they looked like they were on the right track.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12