Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the bet PF in the post Barkely/Malone era?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Duncan

97 90.65%
  • Garnett

7 6.54%
  • Dirk

3 2.80%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Who is the bst PF of the post Malone/Barkley Era?

Every generation has some great players that rival each other. When I started watching it was Jordan and drexler at the SG spot (though Mitch Richmond deserves mention). And at power forward it was Barkley and Malone. I always liked Barkley's personality more when I was younger, but I have a great appreciation for both players and see them as equals.

Since they retire it seems like the conversation is between Duncan and Garnett. Dirk is up there to, and obviously he is the most gifted shooter of the three, but let us be honest and say that he was never the rebounder or defender that Garnett and Duncan have been.

I expect ten years from now people will be comparing notes between Kevin Love and Blake Griffen.

So my question is this: Who is the best PF since the Barkley/Malone era? Duncan? Or Garnett? I know most will be inclined to say Duncan and note that he has four rings to Garnett's one, but you might want to ask yourself as well; Had Duncan and Garnett traded spots would their careers be much different? Would the Spurs have been able to win four rings with Garnett? And would the T-wolves and their awful front office have been able to win any rings with Duncan? And how would Duncan have faired with Ray Allen and Paul Pierce?

I think the two are about equals, though I like Duncan's approach. Garnett is one of those players that celebrates a lot on the floor when he should be getting back on defense. Duncan is all business.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Duncan
    KG
    Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    uh. Duncan.

vCash
    I honestly think Dirk has a decent case of being on par with Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Every generation has some great players that rival each other. When I started watching it was Jordan and drexler at the SG spot (though Mitch Richmond deserves mention). And at power forward it was Barkley and Malone. I always liked Barkley's personality more when I was younger, but I have a great appreciation for both players and see them as equals.

Since they retire it seems like the conversation is between Duncan and Garnett. Dirk is up there to, and obviously he is the most gifted shooter of the three, but let us be honest and say that he was never the rebounder or defender that Garnett and Duncan have been.

I expect ten years from now people will be comparing notes between Kevin Love and Blake Griffen.

So my question is this: Who is the best PF since the Barkley/Malone era? Duncan? Or Garnett? I know most will be inclined to say Duncan and note that he has four rings to Garnett's one, but you might want to ask yourself as well; Had Duncan and Garnett traded spots would their careers be much different? Would the Spurs have been able to win four rings with Garnett? And would the T-wolves and their awful front office have been able to win any rings with Duncan? And how would Duncan have faired with Ray Allen and Paul Pierce?

I think the two are about equals, though I like Duncan's approach. Garnett is one of those players that celebrates a lot on the floor when he should be getting back on defense. Duncan is all business.

Who's that chick in your sig? OH LORRRRRRRRRD.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

vCash
    Duncan.

His skill set impacts the game more. Coaches have more nightmares trying to defend Duncan when both were in their primes. His ability to face up or post you down or find a cutter or kick it out to the three is so sick. Garnett is a great player but Duncan is a notch above. Duncan had more strength to defend the stronger bigger PF's and Most C's. Garnett had better handles and was quicker that's about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Duncan.

His skill set impacts the game more. Coaches have more nightmares trying to defend Ducan. His ability to face up or post you down or find a cutter or kick it out to the three is so sick. Garnett is a great player but Duncan is a notch above. Duncan had more strength to defend the stronger bigger PF's and Most C's. Garnett had better handles and was quicker that's about it.
    KG is more versatile defensively and a better passer.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

vCash
    I agree you should ask yourself what would have happened if they traded spots. But that did not happen. Instead, what occurred was that Duncan was part of a Spurs dynasty. And Garnett could not find his place until he joined Boston. It is as much his fault as it is the ownership and team. So I went with Duncan.

Because we can't ask "what if." Since we don't know what would have happened. All we know is that Duncan as your star is a formula for success (Look at the Spurs). Garnett as your star is also successful, but not as successful

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    Who's that chick in your sig? OH LORRRRRRRRRD.
    Her name is Christy Mack
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Duncan easily.

Welcome to the #tape

vCash
    Does this question need to be asked? It's Duncan and it is not even close.

vCash
    Duncan lol

Best PF of all time.

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    C'mon man. I have respected, loved and (at times) hated Dirk and Garnett over their Hall of Fame careers, but they can't touch Tim Duncan. Duncan's numbers are vastly superior AND the dude has four rings compared to KG and Dirk's one apiece.

The better thread would have been Dirk or KG. Now THAT would be an extremely interesting, likely heated discussion. Someone should just close this thread and create a new thread with that argument instead.

vCash
    ok lets put one real guy with post moves in there against two people who use mid range jumpers and fade aways to get majority of their points and lets see who wins....
    @paulpierce34 I told Wade I will **** his mom like how my man D. West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected
    Ignore List:
    AIMelo=KillaDUO; Reason: Makes up stories to protect the one he beats his meat to everynight(Melo)
    Chucky Woods; Reason: Packer Homer that just talks outta his Azz
    HaruSoul; Reason: Sanchez homer can't see that he is a POS qb
    Hustlenomics; Reason: Good luck debating with this Ronda homer
    nickdymez; Reason: Kobe/Laker homer but didn't even know how the Lakers got Kobe

vCash
    1 Timmy
    2 KG
    3 Dirk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast