Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Chughes View Post
    It sounds counterintuitive, but what would happen if the Yankees extended Cano this season, and gave him a huge raise for this season so that he'd accept less money next season?

For example, what if they gave Cano a raise to $30-35 million for one year, and then next year the number went down to $20 million for the next 5-6 years?

That would save the Yankees 5 million per year in cap space. It would benefit Cano because it's always better to get money up front, since you can take that money and invest it, having it collect interest.

Now, I'm not 100% sure how this works so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the Cap was calculated by the AAV of what's left on the contract. In that case, the Yankees could save $5 million/year in the long run by increasing his pay significantly this year.

For purposed of the luxury tax, it is the average annual salary of the deal... which would still be up there.

To work this correctly, first we would have to execute Scott Boras, because he would NEVER consider this.
    Sign Robbie to a 1 year deal for 2014 at a lesser rate with a gentlemen's agreement to have a higher salary in an extention for 2015 and beyond.

which is the reason Boras would not go for it... He's certainly no Gentlemen. He's a greedy SOB

vCash
    DON;T FORGET WE STILL HAVE TO PAY A-FRAUD 114 Million (next five years) & A. J. Burnett 10 MILLION 2013 year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12