Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Al Jefferson Hints at Boston Return?

"This is my first home," he said of Boston, where the Jazz are playing tonight. "This will always be my home away from home. (Celtics president) Danny Ainge gave me a chance when nobody else did. If that situation were to happen, Id love to do that again. But right now, like I said, its all about taking care of business and finishing out the season right."
    "He just keeps getting better and better," Rivers said. "The thing I thought Id never say about Al, hes becoming a better passer. And Ive very happy about that for him. He just keeps working on his game. He hit that one little stretch where, he had lost a lot, you could see hes fought through that now. Making that playoff run, and he was a big part of it last year, has kind of re-stoked him and thats good. Hes a heck of a guy."
    I think he'd be a great option in free agency if they can find a way to get Bass/Green off the books for it to make sense money-wise.

vCash
    Dun dun dun?

I'd love this if DA doesn't give up too much seeing that it's going to have to be through a S&T. Would at least take Bass.

vCash
    Pipe dream.. He does love it here tho..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I think he'd be a great option in free agency if they can find a way to get Bass/Green off the books for it to make sense money-wise.
    Trade Bass, Green, Sullinger and a draft pick for Marvin Williams and Al Jefferson.
    El Presidente

vCash
    I love me some Al. He's probably the most talented offensive post player in the NBA. He could do damage here with Rondo.

vCash
    Why would UTH want Bass and Green? No need for bass for sure and probably not Green unless he lives up to the contract

Doubt they would want Sullinger too. Lee and a draft pick hopefully would interest them, but I think it would realistically take Avery for a deal to get done

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    Why would UTH want Bass and Green? No need for bass for sure and probably not Green unless he lives up to the contract

Doubt they would want Sullinger too. Lee and a draft pick hopefully would interest them, but I think it would realistically take Avery for a deal to get done
    Agreed on the avery point

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corey View Post
    i love me some al. He's probably the most talented offensive post player in the nba. He could do damage here with rondo.
    ^+1:d

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post

They wouldn't want Bass, agreed. But Jeff Green is still a very intriguing player.. they could slide him in at the starting 3 and makes things real interesting. I still think Green's going to come into his own this year.

vCash
    Bass can get flipped in a 3 way. We need to match the salary, and have to be talking a draft pick or 3 also. Al will also have suitors from elsewhere. Talk about full circle with him back here next to KG.

Without looking at the salary it might be Green, Bass, Bradley, and a #1, plus we'd have to tie up Al to an extension. Our depth problems at #4 and #5 would be over, but we'd be thin at the #3. Plus we might get a semi salary dump back to even it out. No time now to figure it out. Cool story if true.

6/27/09: We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader, Ainge said. There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I dont know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and its just unacceptable.

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Big fan of big Al. I don't see anything happening though.

vCash
    I think we discussed this possibility in the roster sticky thread.

Regardless as I said before, any deal for Al Jefferson has to include both Bradley and Green. One for his contract and the other for his potential/talent.

I'm not sure if I'm willing to give all that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash
    I really wouldn't want to give Bradley up

vCash
    I wouldn't want to give up both Sully and Bass, we'd be REALLY thin at the 4. They'd probably opt to take Sully.

Utah needs a 3 and depth, but we'd be short at the 3. Green-Williams swap? Don't want to give up Bradley, try to give them Lee.

Lee, Green, Sully, 1st rounder for Marvin Williams + AJ?

Rondo/Barbosa
    Bradley/Terry
    Pierce/Williams
    KG/Bass (he'd be better off the bench with his jump shot)
    AJ/Wilcox/Darko/Collins

vCash
    Can the Jazz afford both ? Millsap & Jefferson ? One has to go, right ?

Would love him back just for the rebounding aspect alone. Would be a huge get if Ainge could pull it off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast