Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Calling people out?

Where is the line between calling someone on their personal BS, and just being a self righteous dick?

For example guy who is 30 breaks up every other week with his 19 year old girlfriend. Every time he changes his relationship status to get attention, only to change it back and look for more attention. If you tell that guy you don't give a **** about his relationship and at 30 he should be more mature is that fair ? Or are you being an ***?

A co worker is slacking off, while you don't hold any power over them you eventually get fed up and tell him to buck up and take care of business or **** off. fair or out of line?

A sibling or close friend is changing their character in order to fit in somewhere or impress someone. Tell them to give their head a shake and wake the **** up. Fair or over stepping your bounds?

vCash
    I'm a laid back guy so I usually don't call people out unless I need to. I can be a douche if you piss me off but I don't go out looking to start ****

But to answer your question:

1) Dick move/unnecessary. Delete them as a friend if it bothers you that much
    2) If it means I have more of a workload, then yea I'll tell him off. But otherwise, not my responsibility.
    3) Yea I think that's fair, especially if it's someone you care about

LBJ 2015

vCash
    These are your own problems to figure out, ebbs

vCash
    These are the kinds of threads that posting on PSD will never help you.

EDIT: Holy bad grammar batman

vCash
    Lol I have already done all of these. I feel guilty about the first example but not the other two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Lol I have already done all of these. I feel guilty about the first example but not the other two.
    Can I call people out because they think their players are 2x better than they are?

Because I've done that every day multiple times for over 5 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Can I call people out because they think their players are 2x better than they are?

Because I've done that every day multiple times for over 5 years.
    Yea sure. Especially since this is a sports forum.

vCash
    Honesty is always the best option if someone can't handle the cold harded truth then that's their problem.

You can't always have people lying to you trying to boost your ego and from time to time the truth can actually help someone out.

I do the same thing I tell things straight up to people no matter how harsh or bad it sounds because I'd want the same thing in return from people.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash

Calling people out?

I'm typically the douche that will call people out. Especially at work. If someone isn't carrying their weight I rip them apart. And I typically add in humor while doing it. I ripped apart one guy for making a 70 year old do his job for him, and when he asked what was wrong with that, I replied "JOE IS DEAD". At least it calms the situation a bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Where is the line between calling someone on their personal BS, and just being a self righteous dick?

For example guy who is 30 breaks up every other week with his 19 year old girlfriend. Every time he changes his relationship status to get attention, only to change it back and look for more attention. If you tell that guy you don't give a **** about his relationship and at 30 he should be more mature is that fair ? Or are you being an ***?

A co worker is slacking off, while you don't hold any power over them you eventually get fed up and tell him to buck up and take care of business or **** off. fair or out of line?

A sibling or close friend is changing their character in order to fit in somewhere or impress someone. Tell them to give their head a shake and wake the **** up. Fair or over stepping your bounds?
    All 3 are fair game.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    Lynch gets stronger as the season progresses and he makes love with the lights on. Lynch has been involved in 4 three ways.

vCash
    Just #3

vCash
    i think it's fun calling people out

Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

vCash
    In some cases, it's necessary to call someone out, but I don't think it is in some situations and you end up looking like a dick.

Like, a kid I know takes photo's a bike riders and football player soff of google images and uses them as his facebook profile picture and claims all of the pictures are of him. Yeah, it's pretty annoying when someone confronts him and he gets really angry, but it's something that you shouldn't really care about. If someone is looking for attention, they just have social problems.

vCash
    If you call someone out for something that's actually worthwhile, it's fair I guess.

But if it's something you can easily move on form and doesn't really hurt anyone to begin with, not really necessarily to call them out on it.

vCash
    I say fair to all 3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast