Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    That no-hitter was just awesome. I have to say, that made last year so much better. Something I'll never forget.
    I'm with you on that one. I know we should always want to strive for a World Series, but that No hitter was just awesome!

vCash
    As bad as this team has been they are 2 outfielders and a closer away from being a really good team.

Gordon and Melky in the outfield with a full year of familia, edgen and mejia in the pen and we could easily be a 90 win team.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I know it's been longer than 2 years but just using that time frame as part of my point.

Saying that, it's nice to see all these individual accomplishments during that time.

Jose Reyes wins the batting title in 2011.

RA Dickey wins the Cy Young in 2012.

Johan Santana throws the first no-hitter in Mets history and David Wright breaks the club record for hits and RBIS.

Although the team has laid an egg, it's been fun to be a Met fan at least from that perspective.

Amazing that these guys have managed to swim against the tide of effluent that is Coupon-ball, their achievements have been remarkable IMO.

Especially RA, I think winning a CY on a junk team, with a lousy defense, is fantastic.

Johan finally got the monkey off all our backs. I'd still go back and make that trade, with support he could have won a CY here and made the post-season a couple of times. He never going to pitch well in the later years of his deal.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yeah and the fact that I was there when Johan pitch the NH makes it my #1 over all baseball experience EVER!!!!

Yes, I admit it. I'm envious.

Perhaps a once in a lifetime experience.

My Vote For 2014 Mets Starting SS.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    As bad as this team has been they are 2 outfielders and a closer away from being a really good team.

Gordon and Melky in the outfield with a full year of familia, edgen and mejia in the pen and we could easily be a 90 win team.
    The off-season has just started. Delirium has set in early. We heard similar comments from others last year about a similar plan, but with slightly different names. We lack high quality, impact regulars. The names you mentioned are meaningless. One has signed already with Toronto the other is staying in K.C. or traded to another city.

You must like our defensive-challenged, singles hitting catcher,
    Josh Thole. He is strictly backup material. Not a catcher who will lead a staff to the WS.

Real world this is a 4th place team in our division going nowhere. Thank you Miami for cornering the last place market......

My Vote For 2014 Mets Starting SS.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post

They need a lot more than that. If that's all they needed they would have won 80 or more games.

Also fans always fall into this trap, thinking that filling a couple of holes gives you a playoff team, it just does not work that way, because you're assuming that everyone repeats what they did last year. We have a team with no depth on the diamond, and, and is short of 4 starters. FOUR.

The BP was a disgrace, replacing fat Frank doesn't give you a playoff team, how do we know how those three kids will perform.

This team is light years away from competing, we'd be a last place team but for the Marlins who are also being run in a sickening manner.

MLB is a disgrace right now IMO. It's no wonder football is leaving it in the dust.

vCash
    No hitter was definitely highlight of the season.

vCash
    I've been a Mets fan for years. I've suffered through the Bobby Bonilla signing, the Mo Vaughn signing, Roberto Alomar signing, etc. Atleast back then, the team was spending. After not going after Reyes I had reached my breaking, I began boycotting management. By boycotting management I had to boycott my team. I left with Reyes. This offseason comes and the marlins traded my guy Reyes and anybody else with any type of proven skills..I CAN'T WIN FOR LOSING. As much as I like Reyes, I don't see myself rooting for the Bluejays. I guess I'm a free agent SMH.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    Lmao!! "I guess I'm a free agent."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12