Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

You Know For As Crappy As This Team Has Been The Last 2 years....

I know it's been longer than 2 years but just using that time frame as part of my point.

Saying that, it's nice to see all these individual accomplishments during that time.

Jose Reyes wins the batting title in 2011.

RA Dickey wins the Cy Young in 2012.

Johan Santana throws the first no-hitter in Mets history and David Wright breaks the club record for hits and RBIS.

Although the team has laid an egg, it's been fun to be a Met fan at least from that perspective.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-14-2012 at 09:52 PM.

vCash
    Yeah, they have been nice accomplishments.

vCash
    That no-hitter was just awesome. I have to say, that made last year so much better. Something I'll never forget.

vCash
    Yeah, yeah. And I saw the other night on the news some beautiful pieces of jewelry retrieved from the wreck of the Titanic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNY62 View Post
    Yeah, yeah. And I saw the other night on the news some beautiful pieces of jewelry retrieved from the wreck of the Titanic.
    The team has been terrible but i don't think its fair to **** all over what some of these guys have done.

vCash
    Yeah and the fact that I was there when Johan pitch the NH makes it my #1 over all baseball experience EVER!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The team has been terrible but i don't think its fair to **** all over what some of these guys have done.
    What ****?? I compared the accomplishments to fine jewels. I was thrilled to attend RA's 20th win, as fine as any jewel retrieved from the Titanic. But the damn ship sank. Read the frickin' post before making accusations.

vCash
    What ****?? I compared the accomplishments to fine jewels. I was thrilled to attend RA's 20th win, as fine as any jewel retrieved from the Titanic. But the damn ship sank. Read the frickin' post before making accusations.
    The tone of your post suggested that you were poo pooing the player's accomplishments because it doesn't mean much in relation to the team's struggles.

If i misconstrued your point, that was my fault, but it's easy to be cynical about accolades like that when the team sucks.

vCash
    The tone of your post suggested that you were poo pooing the player's accomplishments because it doesn't mean much in relation to the team's struggles.

If i misconstrued your point, that was my fault, but it's easy to be cynical about accolades like that when the team sucks.

vCash
    What ?

There are plenty of posters here that are cynical about the individual Mets player's accomplishments in a myriad of the team's losses.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-18-2012 at 04:24 AM.

vCash
    http://tinypic.com/r/262p9mr/6

Beyond my terrible Dickey movie poster, I agree.

There have been some gems the past two years that made them enjoyable. The second half sucked in 2012, but there were still reasons to be excited. Matt Harvey making his debut and dominating. Dickey's Cy Young quest. Santana had the no-no in the first half, and Wright was on a MVP-trek.

2011 had Reyes, Dickey battling through injury, and flirting with .500. It wasn't terrible, but things could have been much, much worse.

www.AroundCiti.com You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

vCash

Yeah When You Think About It That Way

I know it's been longer than 2 years but just using that time frame as part of my point.

Saying that, it's nice to see all these individual accomplishments during that time.

Jose Reyes wins the batting title in 2011.

Espeically when we had Olerud and K. hernandez on this team at one point.

RA Dickey wins the Cy Young in 2012.

Johan Santana throws the first no-hitter in Mets history and David Wright breaks the club record for hits and RBIS.

I always thought Sid Fernandez would be the first. When he was on there was no better pitcher on the Mets his stuff was electric.

Although the team has laid an egg, it's been fun to be a Met fan at least from that perspective.
    I was so glad the Mets got that no hitter finally last year.

vCash
    Johan's no-no>>>>>Dickey winning the Cy Young.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Johan's no-no>>>>>Dickey winning the Cy Young.
    Going into the season if you had told me we'd have a Cy Young and a No Hitter in the same season, i would have agreed that the no hitter would be the greater of the two achievements.

But now i don't think I feel that way.

Not having a no hitter was always a big part of our legacy and wondering who would have our first no no and when was part of our annual lexicon. But when Johan finally did it, it seemed anti-climactic. Ok, we got our no hitter, just like almost every other team. And it was after the no hitter that things seemed to turn sour.

On the other hand, Dickey's CY was the crowning achievement of an amazing life of beating down adversity. When i look back at the 2012 season, the CY makes me beam much more than that no hitter.

I understand you and others might disagree. But that's how I feel about it.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    If Dickey won the CY Young and led us to a WS title, I'd agree with you.

I had chills when Johan struck out Freese on his 134th pitch, a change-up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast