Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pacers @ Bucks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacersfan1967 View Post
    ... jacquewho... My college team.. BOILER UP.....Question how can you sign 6 players for 3 scholarship...
    Here is what I, along with many anticipate will happen for each of the oversign.

1. Cody Zeller will go to the NBA. This is 99.9% likely to happen.

2. Maurice Creek is going to graduate. He just had a child and despite holding eligibility to play 1 more year, it's widely assumed he will graduate to focus on his child (I can't remember where I saw it but even he acknowledged this). This is 90% likely to happen.

Those IMO are near-locks. Yet it still leaves 1 oversigned. There are multiple ways I see this one freeing up...

3a. Austin Etherington transfers. He has a terrific shot but is not going to get any relevant PT this season and especially next behind all these wings we are bringing in. He could have more impact on a team like Butler or other smaller B10 squad.

3b. Austin Etherington drops his scholly and take a walk-on role with the team. I have heard a lot of credible rumors regarding this - his family is apparently loaded and told Crean last summer that they would seriously consider dropping his scholarship to figure out the scholarship situation.

3c. Victor Oladipo goes pro. He is eligible to graduate at the end of this year, despite being a Junior. I don't think he's ready yet for NBA though and a full 4 years will do him well.

3d. Yogi Ferrel goes pro. I HIGHLY doubt this will happen. The only way this scenario plays out is if he plays the best PG IU has had since Isiah Thomas and we win the national championship.

Regardless, my mindset is Crean wouldn't have been recruiting 6 guys so hard unless he knew it would work out (especially 5-star Vonleh). Anyways, despite graduating this upcoming May, the 2013 class is going to be stellar and I can't wait to see them either. But for now, I guess this 2012 team will do just fine

#iubb

vCash
    No passion. No pride. Just Pacers.

UGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

GO Hoosiers.

vCash
    What is up with George's efficiency? Is he having trouble adjusting to a bigger role than expected with Granger out?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya_Clive View Post
    What is up with George's efficiency? Is he having trouble adjusting to a bigger role than expected with Granger out?
    I would say yes in some ways, He is having trouble because no one is shooting well. If no one is shooting well, its hard to draw his defender off of him so he can spot up or cut to the basket. Its really a team issue i think.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya_Clive View Post
    Yes, he is what he is, I honestly believe we Pacer fans overvalue this guy, He's always been my favorite pacer since we drafted him. But honestly, I am beginning to realize the guy will be a 13-14 PPG Player, nothing more, nothing less. We basically have a team full of role players right now.

I still wish we would have let Hibbert walk and brought in Kaman If they Brought in Kaman we could have afforded a scoring threat for the bench such as OJ Mayo. Oh well, nothing you can do about it now.
    "Only Losers Blame Refs" - Seth Davis

Colts

Pacers

Hoosiers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by srsly_chris View Post
    Yes, he is what he is, I honestly believe we Pacer fans overvalue this guy, He's always been my favorite pacer since we drafted him. But honestly, I am beginning to realize the guy will be a 13-14 PPG Player, nothing more, nothing less. We basically have a team full of role players right now.

I still wish we would have let Hibbert walk and brought in Kaman If they Brought in Kaman we could have afforded a scoring threat for the bench such as OJ Mayo. Oh well, nothing you can do about it now.
    Yea there would have been a lot of happy people if we looked like the Mavs right now with Mayo, DC, and Kaman.

I still don't think we could let him walk though...They really need a compensation system in the NBA for RFAs like every other league has...someone that offers a max contract needs to ship a 1st round pick to the team losing him. I think we might have done it then, but we couldn't let him walk for nothing.

vCash
    We need a better asst coach. Brian shaw is actually making our offense worse. We have the worst offense in the league and its not the players fault. its the system and these stagnant plays we run. Every point we get we have to work hard for (even against teams with bad defense)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123