Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

WWE: CM Punk to close Wrestlemania 29?

Report: WWE Creative Planning CM Punk "To Close Wrestlemania 29"
    Posted by: Lee of WrestlingNewsSource.com on Nov 14 2012
    Source: F4WOnline

F4WOnline.com is reporting that "as recently as last week", plans for CM Punk to close out Wrestlemania 29 were being factored into the card and plans for Wrestlemania.

It should be noted that Punk has said on previous occasions that one of his goals before retiring would be to headline Wrestlemania and this could very well be that chance.

Of course, plans will change consistantly, but this is the year you feel Punk could/should be in that main event
    http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/n...estlemania-29/

Probably nothing, but thought it was worth a discussion. The only way I can see him close out Wrestlemania is if the main event is a Triple Threat Match with The Rock vs John Cena vs CM Punk.

vCash

CM Punk to close Wrestlemania 29?

When punk is your number 2 guy and title holder, this being brought up t some point was inevitable.

I do think punk vs cena va rock is the way to go

vCash
    It is the way it should be. The champion should main event every single PPV. I understand Cena draws the most and makes the most of anybody. But him main eventing over the championship makes the championship look really bad. Its basically....

Cena-----------Wwe Championship--------WHc------------------------Random annoying face mid carder-----------------Ic/Us title
    My PWW checklist

Wrigs - Check
    HTown - Check
    Riv - Check
    Jrm - Check
    Saddler - Check
    Rob - Check
    Sep - Check
    Swede - Let's just put a Check
    Dmac - It will be a Season of Beatings
    Mitb - Check
    Prestige Champion - Check
    World Champion - Check
    Creater of the First and most dominate Stable in PWW history
    The First Famly - Check

vCash
    But then where does that leave that turd the Ryback at??

vCash
    ^Time to go back to being Skip Sheffield?

I too see a tripe threat between Rock, Cena, and Punk closing WM with Cena picking up the pinfall on Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbellz3o8 View Post
    It is the way it should be. The champion should main event every single PPV. I understand Cena draws the most and makes the most of anybody. But him main eventing over the championship makes the championship look really bad. Its basically....

Cena-----------Wwe Championship--------WHc------------------------Random annoying face mid carder-----------------Ic/Us title
    Not really Cena's fault that no else has really picked up the ball and taken the championship too far. Of course, wwe needs to continue to push guys once they get the title and stop making every heel cowardly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Cena vs punk should be the main event. Cena needs to step aside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Uhhh Why? He isn't retiring anytime soon and Punk isn't the next young face of the company. Both are older, established guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    I assume you meant Rock vs Punk, unless you think Cena should step aside in the match and let Punk be in the main event by himself.

vCash
    If the match involves The Rock I can see Punk closing the show. Anyone who faces The Rock is probably going to be the ones who closes the show.

Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent33 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Show keeps the belt until Mania and they set up a Ryback vs Show for the WHC.

I definitely think the main event at mania will be Rock vs Punk vs Cena. They said Rock vs Cena was once in a lifetime, so they really shouldn't do that again. The triple threat is a much better sell anyway, and makes sense storyline wise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent33 View Post
    Undertaker vs Ryback? Hmmmmmm???

vCash
    I would actually get behind a Ryback/Undertaker match

vCash
    I was saying it tounge in cheek but recently Cole has been plugging WWE 13 and brings up two intrigueing matchups, Austin/Punk and Ryback/Taker. Not saying any of this holds water just interesting to me.

vCash
    I know I know SCSA will probably never step foot, in the WWE ring again but I can dream can't I?. WM 29 Main Event CM Punk vs SCSA for the WWE championship. I like Austin a little more then Punk, but there's no way SCSA is gonna win I mean why have him, win the belt just to drop it again probably the next day? Besides he's not the same like he was in the Attitude era.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    I would actually get behind a Ryback/Undertaker match
    I think I mentioned a few weeks ago, I wouldn't mind seeing Ryback vs Mark Henry WM match? But Ryback vs Taker could be cool.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast