Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who makes the Monument?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lem Barney

    3 17.65%
  • Charlie Sanders

    3 17.65%
  • Alex Karras

    1 5.88%
  • Bobby Layne

    10 58.82%
  • Calvin "Megatron" Johnson

    8 47.06%
  • Dick LeBeau

    8 47.06%
  • Matthew Stafford

    1 5.88%
  • Jack Christiansen

    1 5.88%
  • Chuck Hughes

    1 5.88%
  • Dutch Clark

    1 5.88%
  • Barry Sanders

    17 100.00%
  • mike utley

    1 5.88%
  • Yale Lary

    2 11.76%
  • Doak Walker

    3 17.65%
  • Dick "Night Train" Lane,

    9 52.94%
  • Joe Schmidt

    2 11.76%
  • Chris Spielman

    5 29.41%
  • Mel Gray

    2 11.76%
  • Greg Landry

    3 17.65%
  • Cory Schlesigner

    1 5.88%
  • Lou Creekmur

    1 5.88%
  • Al "Bubba" Baker

    1 5.88%
  • Roger Brown

    1 5.88%
  • Alex Wojciechowicz

    1 5.88%
  • Herman Moore

    2 11.76%
  • Jason Hanson

    6 35.29%
  • Billy Sims

    1 5.88%
  • Kevin Glover

    1 5.88%
  • other

    1 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 36 of 36
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,750
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    Do you not remember when Suh attempted to kick an extra point?? Pull that back to 55 yards out with wind playing a factor. Takes a lot more than just athleticism. So much of other positional players' abilities come from pure athletic, god given talent.

    The kickers aren't a fan favorite position...not even close. But outside of the QB I don't think there's a single player who has more pressure on them when they're out on the field.
    Yeah, he barely missed that kick, give me a week of practice and he makes every extra point, and could drill them from 30-40.

    Give hanson a week of practice as a DT and the opposing RBs we play still average over 200 yards per game because there is a hole in the middle of the defense every single play.

    I'll say this again(even though history tells me you have a very hard time comprehending things and I often have to repeat myself 10-15 times), kickers require athleticism, but it is only an extremely small amount of what it takes to play any other position.


    Also, I'm not even arguing that punters and kickers should be in the HoF, I'm arguing the guy that says they are atheletes, at least in comparison to other NFL players.
    Last edited by basch152; 11-19-2012 at 11:28 AM.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA.
    Posts
    25,598
    vCash
    1500
    old faithful getting more love

    LFLOL & LFFS after secretly glancing at the ***** forum
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Under your mom's bed.
    Posts
    3,217
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    Yeah, he barely missed that kick, give me a week of practice and he makes every extra point, and could drill them from 30-40.

    Give hanson a week of practice as a DT and the opposing RBs we play still average over 200 yards per game because there is a hole in the middle of the defense every single play.

    I'll say this again(even though history tells me you have a very hard time comprehending things and I often have to repeat myself 10-15 times), kickers require athleticism, but it is only an extremely small amount of what it takes to play any other position.


    Also, I'm not even arguing that punters and kickers should be in the HoF, I'm arguing the guy that says they are atheletes, at least in comparison to other NFL players.
    Suh also has a background in Soccer. He's not just coming in willy nilly and kicking because it looks easy.


    Scrap Detroit!!

    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,750
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    Suh also has a background in Soccer. He's not just coming in willy nilly and kicking because it looks easy.
    Yet my point still completely stands.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Under your mom's bed.
    Posts
    3,217
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    Yet my point still completely stands.
    And by your "point" which completely still stands - guys like Shaun Rogers or Albert Haynesworth are dripping in athleticism.

    Face facts - football is a game of positions. And although each position in the sport requires all sorts of skill, and certain physical attributes - they're all difficult. These are all the best 1% of the world population at that particular skill set. To discredit a kicker because he can't line up across from 300 LB linemen and hold his ground is ridiculous. No QB would be capable of doing that either.

    The point you're trying to make about Suh being able to come in and just barely miss an extra point is moot. The guy had a long lasting Soccer career - thereby giving him experience in the skill set required to be a ****ing kicker!! Nick Fairley wouldn't come out and have the same "near miss".


    Scrap Detroit!!

    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,750
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    And by your "point" which completely still stands - guys like Shaun Rogers or Albert Haynesworth are dripping in athleticism.
    Bringing up extremes doesn't prove your point, it just proves that you have to use the most extreme example you can find to try to prove your point - which is still wrong.

    Also, Haynesworth was an athletic freak, the **** are you talking about?

    The guy weighs over 300 pounds and had a 39 inch verticle at his pro day, do you have any idea how insane that is?

    Face facts - football is a game of positions. And although each position in the sport requires all sorts of skill, and certain physical attributes - they're all difficult. These are all the best 1% of the world population at that particular skill set. To discredit a kicker because he can't line up across from 300 LB linemen and hold his ground is ridiculous. No QB would be capable of doing that either.
    Funny, this is almost reiterating EXACTLY what I've been saying.

    I've said being a kicker requires athleticism, I said that average people can't do it, seriously, if you're going to argue with someone, READ WHAT THEY SAY so you don't sound like an idiot over and over.

    Yes, being a kicker requires athleticism, but AGAIN, the athleticism required to do it is nothing compared to any other position.

    Trying to argue this is simply idiotic.

    The point you're trying to make about Suh being able to come in and just barely miss an extra point is moot. The guy had a long lasting Soccer career - thereby giving him experience in the skill set required to be a ****ing kicker!! Nick Fairley wouldn't come out and have the same "near miss".
    And he hadn't practiced in MONTHS, maybe years. The fact that he could do so well after so long off proves my point.

    Try playing as a QB after not practicing at all for months, first throw is probably going to be intercepted.
    Last edited by basch152; 11-21-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •