Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 73

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Parade Down Figueroa
    Posts
    16,785
    vCash
    1500

    Melo to Kobe: D'Antoni Plays No D! Kobe to Melo: When Have You Played D?

    http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/1...oaching-skills

    The struggles of Mike D'Antoni as coach of the New York Knicks are well documented. If you were looking to pinpoint a specific reason, it would be a difficult task. However, one problem that does stick out is Knicks' ineffectiveness on the defensive end. And when looking at what Walt Frazier would call the Knickerbockers' "swiss cheese defense," one major issue was Carmelo Anthony and his inability to commit to anything outside of the offensive side of the ball.

    So when the Lakers hired Mike D'Antoni early this morning, Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reflected on the deal in a piece that had some interesting information, including this funny story involving Melo and Bryant, who were discussed D'Antoni shortly after his departure from the Knicks.

    When Anthony grumbled to Bryant about D'Antoni's defensive acumen on a trip to Los Angeles before the coach's resignation in New York, one witness says Bryant shot back to Anthony only half-kidding that, seriously, when the hell have you ever played defense?

    Kobe's got jokes! Maybe that conversation has been the catalyst in Anthony's new-found dedication to both the offensive and defensive end.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    53,839
    vCash
    1503

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,037
    vCash
    1500
    Kobe is right on haha.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,461
    vCash
    1500
    In before some Knick fan gets mad, and uses the Knick's season thus far to justify Melo playing defense for his whole career.



    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

    Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.


    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

    But Tittays are forever.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    53,839
    vCash
    1503
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    In before some Knick fan gets mad, and uses the Knick's season thus far to justify Melo playing defense for his whole career.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ****ing Bruges
    Posts
    34,809
    vCash
    1500
    How is this a story. A witness heard Kobe and Melo joking about this for real?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    17,167
    vCash
    1150
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    How is this a story. A witness heard Kobe and Melo joking about this for real?
    My thoughts exactly.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,099
    vCash
    1500
    This is so old, but still funny.

    Hopefully Kobe passes the ball. System requires a lot of ball movement.




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,037
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    This is so old, but still funny.

    Hopefully Kobe passes the ball. System requires a lot of ball movement.
    there would have been some chirps had Melo retorted with that. Neither like to share...

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,099
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    there would have been some chirps had Melo retorted with that. Neither like to share...
    That's why it didn't work in NY, Melo has glue hands. Kobe just flats out doesn't pass the ball.




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,552
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    This is so old, but still funny.

    Hopefully Kobe passes the ball. System requires a lot of ball movement.
    U mean Carmelo? Dude is a poor passer.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,099
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Style View Post
    U mean Carmelo? Dude is a poor passer.
    Both guys can't pass the ball for ****. Melo doesn't know how to pass the ball when doubled, and Kobe doesn't know how to pass period. He keeps trying to be his 81 points performance




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,552
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Both guys can't pass the ball for ****. Melo doesn't know how to pass the ball when doubled, and Kobe doesn't know how to pass period. He keeps trying to be his 81 points performance
    Kobe is 20 times the passer Melo is. With 15 season above 5 assist per game compared to a career of just 3 is the same difference between Kobe and Lebron(-2). Thats how bad Melo is.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,099
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Style View Post
    Kobe is 20 times the passer Melo is. With 15 season above 5 assist per game compared to a career of just 3 is the same difference between Kobe and Lebron(-2). Thats how bad Melo is.
    Kobe Bryant is a better passer than melo, he just doesn't pass a lot that's the point




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    646
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Both guys can't pass the ball for ****. Melo doesn't know how to pass the ball when doubled, and Kobe doesn't know how to pass period. He keeps trying to be his 81 points performance
    This statement lets me know how many Lakers games youve actualy watched lol

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •