Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many blocks does Gortat wind up with tonight?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-1

1 33.33%
  • 2-3

2 66.67%
  • 4-5

0 0%
  • 6+

0 0%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    See you guys tomorrow. Thanks for coming Beasley next time show up a few quarters early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    See you guys tomorrow. Thanks for coming Beasley next time show up a few quarters early.
    That still wouldn't please Phrazbit haha.

vCash
    One thing before we wrap this up. I can understand taking out Beasley, Dudley, Gortat and anybody else on the Suns roster when they struggling but don't leave Dragic sitting out the majority of the 4th and then expect him to come in and win you the game with only a little bit of time left. We can go back to last year, and I know Dragic aint Nash, now someone tell me when Nash was sitting at any point after the 6 min mark in the 4th quarter unless it's a blowout. This is completely unacceptable then Gentry just puts him in and expects him to bail us out .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    That still wouldn't please Phrazbit haha.
    True that. Beasley tonight was pretty bad on good shot selection though. I'm fine with sitting him and Brown down whenever they ain't helping but Dragic. . .Really Gentry??? This is embarrassing coaching.

vCash
    True that. Beasley tonight was pretty bad on good shot selection though. I'm fine with sitting him and Brown down whenever they ain't helping but Dragic. . .Really Gentry??? This is embarrassing coaching.
    Exactly bro. Gentry needs to go. Elston Turner needs to take over, not Majerle.

vCash
    I just finished watching the game on DVR. Unfortunately I had to hear the Bulls announcers.

Here's a summary of their commentary all game...
    "Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh refs controlling the game"
    "Wahhhhhhhhhhh Dragic always fouls"
    "Let me pull my dick out so i can beat off to Noahs gun slinging"

vCash
    There were a lot of bad moments that led to this loss. Bad turnovers. Poor shooting.
    Beasley was bad but he needs to play to break out of it. I'd hate to see him get pulled after making so many mistakes because then he'll have no confidence at all.
    At least he can build off the final few plays he had. 2 drives, getting to the lines, and a made basket. The guy needs a sense of urgency, like the team needs to rely on him all the time, to be good.

Also, stop with the Gentry has to go talk. He's a good coach and unless we had the Lakers lineup and sucked, what's the point of firing him? He's a good 'young player' coach. Let him do his job.

vCash
    Also, I would give Noah his jumper all game and not contest it once. Let him score 100pts on that push shot he has. There were a few times that he was being guarded too closely.

vCash
    Come on King I'm all for Gentry but the playing time he gave Dragic in crunch time was pathetic.

vCash
    Gentry rides the hot players and some of you kill him for not putting Dragic back in the game. A few games ago he runs the normal rotation and brings in starters for the 2nd unit rather than riding them deep, and he gets killed for that. He just cant win with some of you.

Gentry can only use the guys on the roster. There are no superstars on this team who are worthy of the ego stroking that comes with minutes despite a total lack of production. Some of you talked yourselves into this team being a pretty good roster during the offseason (despite virtually all outside sources saying otherwise) that now that you're actually seeing these dudes play you are desperate to throw the blame on the coach instead of admitting that there is a serious talent problem.

Gortat, Dragic and Telfair have played well for the most part.

Scola is playing roughly to expectations. Big game tonight before fouling out.

Brown is up and down.

Tucker has been a nice surprise, if not for the hype job the franchise is desperate to put on Beasley, Tucker's play should have made him the starter at SF.

Dudley has really struggled.

Wes Johnson, Morris, Beasley have all been colossally bad, like actively destroying any hope of victory level of terrible. And in Wes Johnson and Beasley's case, it was very very forseeable that they would be terrible.

Jermaine O'Neal's career ended 5 years ago but no one told him.

So, we have 3 solid guys, a couple guys who are very hit or miss, and a whole lot of guys who are playing at a level where having to pay them for it feels like fraud.

Given the current talent level of the team for us to be 4-5 probably means Gentry deserves praise. How many coaches are willing to ride out their bench squads so deep into games? How many would only take a couple games to recognize that Beasley cant be trusted in the 4th? How many would even give PJ Tucker a chance? His ingenuity with our really thin bench is the only reason we are not 2-7 or 1-8 already. Because the guys that the front office hyped up this offseason have been awful.

vCash
    Its not that he gets killed for riding the hot hand. Like I stated above you can't leave your pg on the bench. Anybody else is fine but not Dragic. You wanna ride the hot hand in Bassy thats fine put Dragic at the 2. Just don't put Dragic in with limited minutes after he's beem sitting for the majority of the 4th and expect him to win you the game. This is middle school coaching.

vCash
    Its not that he gets killed for riding the hot hand. Like I stated above you can't leave your pg on the bench. Anybody else is fine but not Dragic. You wanna ride the hot hand in Bassy thats fine put Dragic at the 2. Just don't put Dragic in with limited minutes after he's beem sitting for the majority of the 4th and expect him to win you the game. This is middle school coaching.
    Shannon brown was lighting it up also.

vCash
    ^^^And I understand but either stick with what you have or bring Dragic in sooner so he can get to work. And I feel the same about the Beasley substitution, althought that one was out of necessity. I would of preferred we played zone as soon as Scola fouled out with a line of Basssy-Dragic-Brown-Tucker-Gortat.

vCash
    Can't really argue with the Dragic point. He's the only guy I think NEEDS to be brought back in. He's supposed to be our new leader and has the ability to carry the team.

It's still early and we need to find the correct rotations. It's not like this team has been together for a couple of years.
    Chances are, we'll see a new starting lineup before the month ends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thephoenixson28 View Post
    Shannon brown was lighting it up also.
    Even then we should have went small and rode with Telfair, Brown, Dragic, Scola, Gortat.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast