Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    So proud of such a good person.

vCash
    ...so who plays Dickey in the movie?

Get Daniel Day Lewis on the phone.

vCash
    I just wanna say thank you to RA. He really provided us with something to look forward in an otherwise bleak and boring year. Without him, we would've lost 100 games. Sandy, please resign him and Wright

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Dickey can direct/edit/produce/build sets and play all the actors
    Lol I'd watch it. Maybe they'll get Zack Ghalifanakis and this will be his first serious role.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Ok, can we silence the keep/trade talk for just one night and start paying some tributes to the team's third-ever pitcher to win a Cy Young?

My goodness, we brought in Johan Santana at $20 mill a year. No Cy Young. Omar Minaya signs this 30+ year old never was who was toying around with an experimental pitch. In Minaya's own words, he remembered him from his days in Texas and wanted him in the organization because he might become a good coach some day.

No one imagined this. Even when I thought i saw something in him after mocking him and his name earlier, i never envisioned Cy Young material.

If he were just an amazing pitcher, THAT would be enough. But he's so much more than that. He's an invaluable teammate, a great leader, and probably most of all, just a terrific person who fights and succeeds against adversity at every turn.

As a Met fan, I am proud that he is on our team. As a person, I am humbled by everything this man has accomplished. The man has literally climbed mountains.

And now, three years off baseball's scrap heap, he's a Cy Young Award winner.

I salute you, Robert Allen. I salute you.
    A great post FOC. i agree with everything you say about RA, but especially the bolded part. He has become a fine talent, a tough tenacious pitcher, a winner, a leader, a great teammate, and he always has been a man, a very fine one at that. He's real and successful and someone worth rooting for .. someone worth holding onto. In my view it would be idiotic and counter-productive to trade him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    ...so who plays Dickey in the movie?

Get Daniel Day Lewis on the phone.
    Damn good idea Sick, tho, as great an actor as Daniel Day Lewis is, as great as he is in picking up accents and inhabiting a role, I am worried about his ability to throw without looking like a girl (my immediate apologies to all female posters/readers).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNY62 View Post
    Damn good idea Sick, tho, as great an actor as Daniel Day Lewis is, as great as he is in picking up accents and inhabiting a role, I am worried about his ability to throw without looking like a girl (my immediate apologies to all female posters/readers).
    Like Danny McBride?

That would be great to see Kenny Powers play RA Dickey

vCash
    http://mets.lohudblogs.com/2012/11/1...ver-on-dickey/
    TOM SEAVER
    “My hat’s off to Mr. Dickey. I watched one of his outings when I was in town and I was amazed by his control. I was always looking for new ammunition to bring to the mound so I attempted the knuckleball. It’s a very difficult pitch to throw and needless to say, I never mastered it. I congratulate him on his tenacity not only to succeed against all odds but to excel and achieve this very high honor. I look forward to congratulating him personally.”

DWIGHT GOODEN
    “I saw R.A. pitch at least 10 times this year. I’m really amazed how he was able to remake his career. I never even thought about throwing a knuckleball. To win the Cy Young Award at his age is more incredible than when I won at age 20.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Like Danny McBride?

That would be great to see Kenny Powers play RA Dickey
    McBride looks like he could not top 40 mph when they show him pitch.

His shtick was funny for about 2 seasons, now is annoying. Stevie fFTW!!!

vCash
    Wow. Two of my all-time faves. Wonder what they would think of trading RA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNY62 View Post
    Wow. Two of my all-time faves. Wonder what they would think of trading RA.
    Well they are the only 2 other Mets to win a Cy Young in franchise history.

vCash
    McBride looks like he could not top 40 mph when they show him pitch.

His shtick was funny for about 2 seasons, now is annoying. Stevie fFTW!!!

vCash
    Well they are the only 2 other Mets to win a Cy Young in franchise history.
    You see my point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    ok, can we silence the keep/trade talk for just one night and start paying some tributes to the team's third-ever pitcher to win a cy young?

My goodness, we brought in johan santana at $20 mill a year. No cy young. Omar minaya signs this 30+ year old never was who was toying around with an experimental pitch. In minaya's own words, he remembered him from his days in texas and wanted him in the organization because he might become a good coach some day.

No one imagined this. Even when i thought i saw something in him after mocking him and his name earlier, i never envisioned cy young material.

If he were just an amazing pitcher, that would be enough. But he's so much more than that. He's an invaluable teammate, a great leader, and probably most of all, just a terrific person who fights and succeeds against adversity at every turn.

As a met fan, i am proud that he is on our team. As a person, i am humbled by everything this man has accomplished. The man has literally climbed mountains.

And now, three years off baseball's scrap heap, he's a cy young award winner.

I salute you, robert allen. I salute you.
    amen
    Go Grab My Belt

15. 11-14-2012, 08:56 PM
    Reason
    insults

vCash
    Feel a little strongly about this, do ya WS82?
    Last edited by Sick Of It All; 11-14-2012 at 09:06 PM. Reason: deleted quote

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast