Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    There is certainly culpability on all ends.

It's just sad the Wilpons might not be able to afford to re-sign a Cy Young winner.
    I don't believe that any owner in baseball can't keep valuable players to their organization. With all the money Miami is getting through revenue sharing they could put that money towards keeping those players they shipped to Toronto if they really wanted to but they just thought putting that money in their pocket was more beneficial than putting it on the field. What do they care, they got their stadium that might draw 8,000 a game if they're lucky and make their profit regardless. The Mets could most definitely sign him to a Oliver Perez type deal if they wanted to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNY62 View Post
    A great post FOC. i agree with everything you say about RA, but especially the bolded part. He has become a fine talent, a tough tenacious pitcher, a winner, a leader, a great teammate, and he always has been a man, a very fine one at that. He's real and successful and someone worth rooting for .. someone worth holding onto. In my view it would be idiotic and counter-productive to trade him
    Here here!
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Even though I love R.A., it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him traded by the Whimpons.

If SA is given an overwhelming trade offer for him he will be dealt. I'm not into name-guessing on who he might be traded for, but no doubt in my mind, if given an offer he cannot turn down, The Lord and Saviour, His Holiness R.A. Dickey will be sent to Purgatory.

An ugly reward for winning the Cy Young.....

My LA Kings Have Won Two In Three Years, When Will My NY Mets Win Their Next One?

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    RA answers were nothing short of amazin' when asked was it tough pitching in a disappointing season, RA spoke about pitching in the past for an arbitration years. Pitching for a scout, pitching for someone in the stands. His comments were humble, but a reflection of a journey of a man who struggled to earn a living.

He thanked the fans more than once, and personally thanked Omar and the entire organization.

RA is a good person, someone who is easy to root for...someone I enjoy rooting for.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    His reaction to the Cy Young tipped the scales for me. I want him to stay. It's not just about winning, it's about populating your organization with people you'd like to be associated with. Robert Allen Dickey is one of those people.

And I'm pretty convinced he'll be an effective pitcher five years from now.

vCash
    Last off-season Dickey began his ascent up Mount Kilimanjaro, and yesterday he reached the apex.
    Last edited by Claymation; 11-15-2012 at 09:17 AM.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    RA answers were nothing short of amazin' when asked was it tough pitching in a disappointing season, RA spoke about pitching in the past for an arbitration years. Pitching for a scout, pitching for someone in the stands. His comments were humble, but a reflection of a journey of a man who struggled to earn a living.

He thanked the fans more than once, and personally thanked Omar and the entire organization.

RA is a good person, someone who is easy to root for...someone I enjoy rooting for.
    Clay, that's as good a testimony from an honorary member of the C of D as anyone will ever see.

We'll leave the light on for you.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    I've been rooting for Dickey since Omar first brought him on, when they kept sending him down to the minors I couldn't understand why. I'm beyond excited to see him win this. He earned it, I know its been a rough couple of years, but things like this take some of the sting out of being a met fan right now.

vCash
    DPLennon RT @MarcCarig: Of the 40-something calls that Dickey has gotten since winning the award, he's answered one. From Phil Niekro.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MLB2K10King View Post
    I've been rooting for Dickey since Omar first brought him on, when they kept sending him down to the minors I couldn't understand why. I'm beyond excited to see him win this. He earned it, I know its been a rough couple of years, but things like this take some of the sting out of being a met fan right now.
    For the record, once Dickey made his debut with the Mets in May 2010, he was never sent back down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    For the record, once Dickey made his debut with the Mets in May 2010, he was never sent back down.
    He was on of the 1st to be cut in spring training.

vCash

R.A. Dickey Wins Cy Young

He was the first to be cut in spring training in 2010 after he had a pretty bad start. He had done nothing to deserve better before that year.

vCash
    yes!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyHoopz View Post
    His reaction to the Cy Young tipped the scales for me. I want him to stay. It's not just about winning, it's about populating your organization with people you'd like to be associated with. Robert Allen Dickey is one of those people.
    Me too, and I would add to that: when it comes to winning, talent is always #1, but character is not meaningless either - and Dickey has the character of a winner. I want him here, not only for what he gives us on the field but for the example he sets.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    27 of 32 votes!!!!
    what the hell! how could it be that lopsided! According to the stats Kershaw was the best pitcher in the league, i get why some people voted for him, but this should have been a lot closer, jeeze had clayton not missed 1 start he would have finished with more K's and innings pitched.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast